Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,533 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
garrettc16 said:

Anyone know why the second season of Rebels isn't on the Disney XD on demand? Trying to get caught up on some of the new EU stuff and it disappeared on me.

Probably pulling it down to sell more for Christmas
The Collective
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Mr. White said:

agracer said:

TCTTS said:

Re: Vader hardly getting any screen time, I agree with Simplebay. The way they've treated him in the trailers is really, really weird, and the only thing that makes sense is that he's hardly in the movie at all. I think his presence will definitely be felt at all times, and that he may have a cool little moment or two, but that's about it. I'd be shocked if he has more than five minutes of total screen time throughout.
Did Boba Fett even have that much time in ESB? And he was one of the coolest most talked about characters of the entire movie.

Screen time =/= greatness. Sometime less is more.

eg Maul

What do you mean?, he has had almost as much screen time as anyone besides anakin.
Maul?

He would probably be behind QGJ, OWK, Ani, Padme, Jar Jar, and probably on par with the trade federations types.

Now once they used him on Clone Wars and Rebels I would say his greatness factor when way down.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah I was rolling in the rebels and the clone wars maul screen time
Farmer1906
AG
Gotcha. After Ep 1 only Maul was a silent red face horned killer with a double bladed saber. He killed to main Jedi of the movie and was barely defeated by OWK. Complete badass.

Clones Wars & Rebels changed that.
The Collective
AG
Q&A from today for those who would like to watch. I'm skipping this one.

Edit: video is gone. Don't **** with the Mouse.
TCTTS
AG

fig96
AG
Just a heads up that Rebels Season 1 is currently on sale on iTunes for $9.99, just picked it up so I can watch the last half of the season that I haven't been able to find anywhere.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/star-wars-rebels-season-1/id920938545
jabberwalkie09
AG
The second half of the first season is arguably where it gets a lot better. Rebels while not quite in the same league as TCW has had some pretty good moments, and some stand out tracks. For instance Journey Into the Star Cluster and Thrawn's Web are two pretty great tracks by Kevin Kiner.
Farmer1906
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

The second half of the first season is arguably where it gets a lot better. Rebels while not quite in the same league as TCW has had some pretty good moments, and some stand out tracks. For instance Journey Into the Star Cluster and Thrawn's Web are two pretty great tracks by Kevin Kiner.
I would say Rebels > Clone Wars most of the time. To me the Clone Wars was so hit or miss. Some episodes I could barely get through while some were epic. While Rebels is never bad plus it has some really good moments too.
Duncan Idaho
What this guy said
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'll agree that some episodes of TCW were nearly unbearable, especially the Jar Jar ones, but TCW did a bit of a better job story wise IMO. Rebels episodes tend to feel rushed as opposed to the multi episode arc format of TCW.
fig96
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Yup, you and a few others here had mentioned that about the second half of the season. I've been trying to catch up for a bit, planning to watch these then watch all the new ones.
Malachi Constant
AG
We're getting a Star Wars film in two weeks.
AgMarauder04
AG
When will the press see it? More importantly, when will we get to read reviews?
The Collective
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

When will the press see it? More importantly, when will we get to read reviews?

I believe the first critic screening is 12/10. No idea when reviews can be posted though... good ? for TCTTS.
fig96
AG
For the record, one of the Lucasfilm folks I follow on Twitter recommended avoiding everything possible before seeing Rogue One, which is what I'll be doing.
The Collective
AG
fig96 said:

For the record, one of the Lucasfilm folks I follow on Twitter recommended avoiding everything possible before seeing Rogue One, which is what I'll be doing.

Not a bad plan. I won't read reviews; probably just check the RT score. I'm not sure why Disney is showing 30 minutes of clips from the movie to the press this weekend. Confidence?
TCTTS
AG
- The Rogue One world premiere is set for the evening of Saturday, December 10. The event itself will streaming live online.

- Many critics will likely be at the premiere, just like they were for the world premiere of TFA, and Twitter reactions will likely be allowed immediately following the movie (though that hasn't been confirmed yet).

- The official review embargo lifts at 5:00 PM EST on Tuesday, December 13.

So, basically, first reactions will hit a week from today, with reviews officially hitting 48 hours before the movie releases to the public.
AgMarauder04
AG
What does that 48 hour window tell you about confidence in the movie, TC?
TCTTS
AG
If it were any other movie, that likely wouldn't be a good sign, but it's the exact same thing they did for TFA last year. The late screenings/embargoes are likely more to combat spoiler info getting out than anything else.
TCTTS
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Well now I'm more afraid than ever. Are the characters secretly tweens with high midichlorian counts?
InternetFan02
AG
TCTTS said:

panic!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why does Lucas get to see it early?
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

IMDb be trolling.
tk for tu juan
Now that I have watched the Westworld season finale three times, my body is ready for Rogue One.
The Collective
AG
Tried to watch Weintraub interview Edwards, but I was too distracted by Weintraub's black nail polish.
vwbug
CJS4715 said:

Tried to watch Weintraub interview Edwards, but I was too distracted by Weintraub's black nail polish.
Weintraub has lots of good info, but been distracted by his anti trump tweets, it's his right, but very tiring.
MandoArms
Columbia is releasing some Star Wars gear.

http://columbia.com/rogue-one-landing/
AgMarauder04
AG
BrownCoat said:

I know it's shameless merchandising and way overpriced.

I'd buy the hell outta that.
Flashdiaz
AG
if I lived where it was cold enough, i'd get this one:

Duncan Idaho
BrownCoat said:

if i still lived in seattle I would buy the hell out of that death trooper rain coat.
MandoArms
Flashdiaz said:

if I lived where it was cold enough, i'd get this one:

I was hoping they would release a copy of the jacket he wears on Yavin.
Farmer1906
AG
I want the gym one. Is that weird?
First Page Last Page
Page 513 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.