Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,058,517 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Jason Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Re: Vader hardly getting any screen time, I agree with Simplebay. The way they've treated him in the trailers is really, really weird, and the only thing that makes sense is that he's hardly in the movie at all. I think his presence will definitely be felt at all times, and that he may have a cool little moment or two, but that's about it. I'd be shocked if he has more than five minutes of total screen time throughout.


I think they definitely have him off people, maybe even in a cliche way:

Something like they are trying to escape, then Vader shows up. Several stay behind to "hold him off". We see Vader calmly walking, then his light saber ignites, shots begin to be fired. Flash back to the group escaping. As they fly off, screen goes back to Vader who is watching the ship fly away, who then turns off his saber.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I could see something like that.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone is still playing Battlefront...


wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been getting on recently and the load times now are bad. Don't know what up with that.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

Admittedly I don't get much into the expanded universe so this has probably been covered, but I thought they were pretty unsure that freezing someone in carbonite was even going to work. That's why they froze Han first as a test right to make sure it wouldn't kill Luke?


So, I meant to comment on this yesterday. I think in Empire they were worried about the specific chamber, not the idea of someone surviving the general process. I say this based on some knowledge of the EU, but you can catch references in the movies that help hint at the idea that it wasn't a new idea - example: when Leia disguised as the bounty hunter references hibernation sickness. It seems like she is at least hinting at the idea of a known issue for people waking up from carbon freezing. The thing I remember reading (not sure on book or source material) was that people used carbon freezing before hyperdrive technology, so that they could make longer trips.

As for canon material...Kenobi and Skywalker freeze themselves and their troops in one of the Clone Wars episodes. It might be the one where they are rescuing Tarkin... a little fuzzy on my memory.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

bobinator said:

Admittedly I don't get much into the expanded universe so this has probably been covered, but I thought they were pretty unsure that freezing someone in carbonite was even going to work. That's why they froze Han first as a test right to make sure it wouldn't kill Luke?


So, I meant to comment on this yesterday. I think in Empire they were worried about the specific chamber, not the idea of someone surviving the general process. I say this based on some knowledge of the EU, but you can catch references in the movies that help hint at the idea that it wasn't a new idea - example: when Leia disguised as the bounty hunter references hibernation sickness. It seems like she is at least hinting at the idea of a known issue for people waking up from carbon freezing. The thing I remember reading (not sure on book or source material) was that people used carbon freezing before hyperdrive technology, so that they could make longer trips.

As for canon material...Kenobi and Skywalker freeze themselves and their troops in one of the Clone Wars episodes. It might be the one where they are rescuing Tarkin... a little fuzzy on my memory.

maybe there's different units for carbon freezing living things and the one on Bespin was just for things and leftovers.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keeps Ugnaught meat fresh.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

rescuing Tarkin
Say what? Why would Obi-Wan and Anakin rescue Tarkin? Do you mean Palpatine? Or some other reference not found in the movies?
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was a Clone Wars episode. They save a young Tarkin then a Republic officer
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever notice that Han is a lot nicer to Chewie post carbon freezing than before? Re-watch ESB, he's a flat out dick to Chewie right up until Vader takes them prisoner. He much nicer to him ROTJ and darn near grandfatherly in TFA.

I've always wished someone would subtitle some of the dialogue between them. For example:


She made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs
Graaarrrarrrr (you are so full of sh**)

This one goes here, that one goes there? Got it?
Graaarrrarrrr (jesus make up your f'n mind, you're killin me Solo)

I don't know, fly casual
Graaarrrarrrrr (wtf does that even mean? Seriously, why do I hang out with this guy)

Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

Anyone ever notice that Han is a lot nicer to Chewie post carbon freezing than before? Re-watch ESB, he's a flat out dick to Chewie right up until Vader takes them prisoner. He much nicer to him ROTJ and darn near grandfatherly in TFA.

I've always wished someone would subtitle some of the dialogue between them. For example:


She made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs
Graaarrrarrrr (you are so full of sh**)

This one goes here, that one goes there? Got it?
Graaarrrarrrr (jesus make up your f'n mind, you're killin me Solo)

I don't know, fly casual
Graaarrrarrrrr (wtf does that even mean? Seriously, why do I hang out with this guy)


he ran out of luck and almost got killed. His friends saved his life and therefore, he's nicer to them in ROTJ.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Order 66 Toys has had some seats open up for their exclusive Rogue One premiere showing at 7pm on 12/15. It's at the Cinemark 16 in Allen. Call 214-519-3979 to get in on it.
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know, one of the weird things about Star Wars is that we probably all believe we're the biggest damn Star Wars fans around, but it is all in our head.
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
VanZandt92 said:

You know, one of the weird things about Star Wars is that we probably all believe we're the biggest damn Star Wars fans around, but it is all in our head.


Nope....I've see enough to know I ain't even in the top 50%
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VanZandt92 said:

You know, one of the weird things about Star Wars is that we probably all believe we're the biggest damn Star Wars fans around, but it is all in our head.


I've seen the Celebration vids and visited theforce.net once or twice. I realize that my powers are weak.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That reminds me, where the hell is MuckRaker? He was probably the biggest SW geek and one of the biggest contributors on this thread last year. He dropped off the face of the planet some time after TFA.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edit: Never mind.
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That reminds me, where the hell is MuckRaker? He was probably the biggest SW geek and one of the biggest contributors on this thread last year. He dropped off the face of the planet some time after TFA.


Maybe Muckracker was Han Solo.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scratch that, have you on twitter.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, who is watching today and who is avoiding?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did I miss something?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Avoiding.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've already tweeted a question to them to ask Baze if any of the characters die.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh you. You're just trying to stir up trouble, besides we already know the answer from celebration and I doubt they're going to let him answer that on his own again.

Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I've already tweeted a question to them to ask Baze if any of the characters die.
lol. and that's why I won't be watching this one.
Blatant Disregard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
something to take your mind off of spoilers...

Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most definitely avoiding. I'm not watching any more video other than the odd commercial I see on TV
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Just because
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Re: Vader hardly getting any screen time, I agree with Simplebay. The way they've treated him in the trailers is really, really weird, and the only thing that makes sense is that he's hardly in the movie at all. I think his presence will definitely be felt at all times, and that he may have a cool little moment or two, but that's about it. I'd be shocked if he has more than five minutes of total screen time throughout.
Did Boba Fett even have that much time in ESB? And he was one of the coolest most talked about characters of the entire movie.

Screen time =/= greatness. Sometime less is more.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I've already tweeted a question to them to ask Baze if any of the characters die.
I asked if anybody in the film 'had a bad feeling about this"
Mr. White
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agracer said:

TCTTS said:

Re: Vader hardly getting any screen time, I agree with Simplebay. The way they've treated him in the trailers is really, really weird, and the only thing that makes sense is that he's hardly in the movie at all. I think his presence will definitely be felt at all times, and that he may have a cool little moment or two, but that's about it. I'd be shocked if he has more than five minutes of total screen time throughout.
Did Boba Fett even have that much time in ESB? And he was one of the coolest most talked about characters of the entire movie.

Screen time =/= greatness. Sometime less is more.


eg Maul
garrettc16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know why the second season of Rebels isn't on the Disney XD on demand? Trying to get caught up on some of the new EU stuff and it disappeared on me.
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. White said:

agracer said:

TCTTS said:

Re: Vader hardly getting any screen time, I agree with Simplebay. The way they've treated him in the trailers is really, really weird, and the only thing that makes sense is that he's hardly in the movie at all. I think his presence will definitely be felt at all times, and that he may have a cool little moment or two, but that's about it. I'd be shocked if he has more than five minutes of total screen time throughout.
Did Boba Fett even have that much time in ESB? And he was one of the coolest most talked about characters of the entire movie.

Screen time =/= greatness. Sometime less is more.


eg Maul


What do you mean?, he has had almost as much screen time as anyone besides anakin.
Page 512 of 843
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.