Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,083 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Doesn't look suspicious at all.
The Collective
AG
boogieman said:

Doesn't look suspicious at all.

LOL. I've been waiting for someone to screenshot that pic. Looks like kids about to go trick or treating.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why does Diego Luna look like he has no neck?
redline248
AG
In regards to blonde women in Star Wars...if we are going to throw out video games and comics, might as well bring in someone that might be more well known in the canon:

Satine from Clone Wars (Obi-Wan's sort of, kind of girlfriend)
3rdGen2015
AG
redline248 said:

In regards to blonde women in Star Wars...if we are going to throw out video games and comics, might as well bring in someone that might be more well known in the canon:

Satine from Clone Wars (Obi-Wan's sort of, kind of girlfriend)

If by kinda sorta girlfriend, you mean Obi's baby mama and Rey's grandmother then yes
redline248
AG
Ha!
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm talking non comics, non tv. Only movies. Any blondes?
jabberwalkie09
AG
So planets we will going to in R1 are Yavin, Jedha, Scarif, and Eadu. I'm tagging just in case I happen to be on the money and people don't want to know.

I'm thinking Jyn is busted out, taken to Yavin. From there they go to Jedha for the weapons test trying to find her father but he isn't there but Saw is. The city in the trailer on Jedha is blown up by a low powered test by the Death Star while Jyn and the rest of the merry band of now rebels escape. From there I think we go to Eadu which is where they likely have Galen where he tells them that it was only a small scale test and that the plans are kept on Scarif instead which is where the weapon was constructed and they plan to build more. I'm thinking that this is where they infiltrate the base because wardrobe seems to have changed by the time we get to Scarif.

The rebels are surprised as they thought this installation is where the information was kept. Needing to regroup, they head back to Yavin (scene where Jyn gives her line about rebellions being built on hope). At which point they decide that their last best option is to take what forces they have and strike the installation on Scarif to steal the plans causing maximum possible damage.

They then go on to Scarif where the beach assault happens, and the fight in orbit we see with the X-Wings. While the battle is raging Bodhi appears to resign himself to his fate in the trailer. As the fight continues, we lose various members of the team as they and Jyn fights to get to the top of the spire we saw in the previous trailer.

At least that's my thoughts on the order of events. Though I could be totally off base.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

A little searching (I couldn't remember this character at all) but Eirtae who was one of Padme's handmaidens is in fact a blonde. She's obviously in the center of this picture.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eirta%C3%A9

There's also a character in AOTC at the bar.
The Collective
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Only fap to blondes or something?
redline248
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I knew you were, but those others were brought up, and Clone Wars is closer to the actual films than games and comics.
redline248
AG
If the Death Star blows up a planet in this movie, it lessens the effect of destroying Alderaan, imo.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not the entire planet as it can't operate a full capacity yet (for whatever reason), but I also think it's possible that it is a smaller version of the weapon mounted on the Star Destroyer for testing purposes.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Jedha is blown up by a low powered test by the Death Star...
Ok, so is Jedha a planet or a city/town? The above quote is what I was responding to. I could totally see them testing it on blowing that ancient Jedi site, or whatever on top of that mountain
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

Jedha is blown up by a low powered test by the Death Star...
Ok, so is Jedha a planet or a city/town? The above quote is what I was responding to. I could totally see them testing it on blowing that ancient Jedi site, or whatever on top of that mountain
Jedha is the planet, I meant to clarify the city below the Star Destroyer is destroyed.
TKEAg04
AG
Is it just me, or does the music in that trailer sound very similar to the music in 'Interstellar'?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Temp music
AliasMan02
AG
Anybody start Ahsoka yet? I'm gonna grab it tomorrow.
wangus12
AG
boogieman
AG
Zemira
AG
Hagen95 said:

I liked this trailer, but I'm a bit of a fanboy.

I think it's safe to assume anyone posting on a 489 page thread about the star wars universe is probably a bit of a fanboy.
The Collective
AG
redline248
AG
Everyone except tctts
wangus12
AG
Zemira said:

Hagen95 said:

I liked this trailer, but I'm a bit of a fanboy.

I think it's safe to assume anyone posting on a 489 page thread about the star wars universe is probably a bit of a fanboy.
I'm offended by this! #triggered
jabberwalkie09
AG

boogieman
AG
"Magic Stick Man" still gets me.
wangus12
AG
It is I, your boy
wcb
AG
Odds we see Leia recording with R2 in this movie? If only from a distance?
wangus12
AG
wcb said:

I'm going to say zero. If we see anything, it'll be the opening shot of the Star Destroyer chasing Tantive IV
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's my bet.
The Collective
AG
Quote:

If we see anything, it'll be the opening shot of the Star Destroyer chasing Tantive IV

If they end with that, I'll be sitting in the theater for an additional 20 minutes to hide my nerd boner.
boogieman
AG
I would guess it ends just before that, with Leia getting instructions to take these plans to the rebel base as she boards the Tantive IV.

Cue music.
jabberwalkie09
AG
wangus12 said:

wcb said:

I'm going to say zero. If we see anything, it'll be the opening shot of the Star Destroyer chasing Tantive IV

This is my guess too.
Flashdiaz
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

wangus12 said:

wcb said:

This is my guess too.
so, why was Leia going to Tatooine in the first place? was she specifically looking for Obi Wan to get him the plans?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Flashdiaz said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

wangus12 said:

wcb said:

This is my guess too.
so, why was Leia going to Tatooine in the first place? was she specifically looking for Obi Wan to get him the plans?

she said "my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed"...apparently she was trying to get there and find him and take him to Alderaan and meet with her father.

full text...

"General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to convey my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
First Page Last Page
Page 489 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.