Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,872 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly, i'm a little scared as to how great the visual and the production design look. It feels like Godzilla again....good cast, then they....Cranston it.

I'm worried about the story and the acting taking a backseat/bad direction and decisions to stunning visuals. It's feeling a little too much Godzilla to me, which wasn't a bad movie, but it could've been a lot better.

agree 100% on the marketing. no one knows wtf is happening.
TCTTS
AG
One thing Star Wars has always kind of missed is that geographical evidence of a vast ancient history. Like those giant statues in Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc. Just that shot right there suddenly makes the franchise feel so much deeper and richer than it has previously. Love it.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Godzilla would have been a near-perfect movie if that Cranston decision hadn't just about crippled the entire plot. Hopefully that lesson has been learned.
Simplebay
AG
what are the odd's that Jyn's dad built the flaw/exhaust port on purpose? and that's how it all goes down
TCTTS
AG
I can't tell if that would be awesome, or would be trying to connect the dots just a bit too much. Leaning toward the former.
Simplebay
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of confusion between Rey and the Rogue One lead, are there any blondes in the SW universe??
redline248
AG
You don't count C-3PO?
AliasMan02
AG
History is the top reason the third anthology needs to take place centuries in the past.
boogieman
AG
Agreed. Love that they're adding to the StarWars mythology and expanding the universe.
boogieman
AG
Looks like the Death Star was a design build job. I could see the exhaust port vulnerability being a oversight due to lack of drawing coordination.
TCTTS
AG
Could be pretty sweet. My vote would be either that or following the same current timeline, just in a different part of the galaxy / with completely different characters. Either way, I really, really don't want Episodes X-XII dealing with the Skywalkers anymore.
jr15aggie
AG
Do we know when tickets go on sale?
redline248
AG
How prominent is the Force supposed to be in this movie? Mentioned here and there, and some "may the force be with you" stuff? Other than Vader, we probably don't get any actual Force users, right?

Does anyone think that an overall lack of Force use will hold Rogue One back in any way?
redline248
AG
Are there actual plans for X-XII?
3rdGen2015
AG
redline248 said:

How prominent is the Force supposed to be in this movie? Mentioned here and there, and some "may the force be with you" stuff? Other than Vader, we probably don't get any actual Force users, right?

Does anyone think that an overall lack of Force use will hold Rogue One back in any way?
I think we might see some Church of the Force action finally
bobinator
AG
redline248 said:

No, and in fact I think it could be one of the things that makes it great (if it is great.) Showing how people without the force are still a big part of this world.

There's been a few comparisons to Lord of the Rings but it's sort of like some of the characters in those movies. There may not be anything specifically special about them, but they can still make great things happen.
jabberwalkie09
AG
IIRC there have been rumors that Donnie Yen's character may be of the Church of the Force.
TCTTS
AG
In theory, yes. Lucasfilm/Kennedy has said they're going to continue making Star Wars movies for as long as humanly possible. We're basically getting Star Wars movies every year until we die (with a couple small/planned breaks here and there, likely). Granted, I seriously doubt we get Episode X in 2021, though. My guess is after IX in 2019, they may do a Kenobi trilogy or something like that - or multiple spin-offs in a row - and then get back to the saga films in, say, 2025 or a year or two earlier.
wangus12
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Speaking of confusion between Rey and the Rogue One lead, are there any blondes in the SW universe??
Juno Eclipse from the Force Unleased games
The Collective
AG
Quote:

There is about to be - thanks to Laura Dern.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

In theory, yes. Lucasfilm/Kennedy has said they're going to continue making Star Wars movies for as long as humanly possible. We're basically getting Star Wars movies every year until we die (with a couple small/planned breaks here and there, likely). Granted, I seriously doubt we get Episode X in 2021, though. My guess is after IX in 2019, they may do a Kenobi trilogy or something like that - or multiple spin-offs in a row - and then get back to the saga films in, say, 2025 or a year or two earlier.
I'm wondering if how fast they return to the saga films is dependent on how much more gas in the tank the MCU has left. If they do a phase 4 for the MCU, I wonder if they may delay the saga films (which may not be a bad thing as that can allow for more development right?) to milk that franchise until people burn out on it.

I do have to wonder how much longer the MCU is viable, and whether pumping out one Star Wars film a year is really that good of an idea. It seems like a great idea right now in an effort to relaunch the franchise, but after the current slate of films is done, I wonder if that is really a good idea. Especially if we jump back to The Old Republic era.
Chipotlemonger
AG
KOTOR, please
AliasMan02
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

KOTOR, please

We're never getting an adaptation of anything existing. I do think we'll get a film or two from that era, though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

Quote:

There is about to be - thanks to Laura Dern.
Evaan Verlaine from the Princess Leia comics beat her to the punch in that regard IIRC. I actually wonder if that may be who Dern is playing in VIII, even though IIRC they're supposed to be roughly the same age.
AliasMan02
AG
Noticed that Saw is in a ruined/damaged Imperial facility of some sort when we first see him. Notice the broken octagonal window behind him. I wonder if we find him on Onderon or elsewhere.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Velvet Jones
AG
CJS4715 said:

MiniShrike said:

Three thumbs up.

Underrated (if I am interpreting this correctly).
Great minds...
MGS
Chipotlemonger said:

There was that one character that could bulls eye womprats in his T-16.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Noticed that Saw is in a ruined/damaged Imperial facility of some sort when we first see him. Notice the broken octagonal window behind him. I wonder if we find him on Onderon or elsewhere.
I'm thinking we find him on Jedha.

I do have to say though, I'm pretty impressed that we don't have the full plot breakdown on a sequence of events at this point like we did with TFA.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Simplebay said:

what are the odd's that Jyn's dad built the flaw/exhaust port on purpose? and that's how it all goes down
The Collective
AG
Watched the only trailer reaction vids that I care about - Collider and Blindwave. Waiting on Jedi Council...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Waiting on Tyrone Magnus.

Nevermind, it's up.
jr15aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Simplebay said:

That's the vibe I got from the trailer... guy taken against his will to help build Death Star. He builds a vital flaw and/or is responsible for getting the plans to the rebels. In the end he's found out and him and Vader have a one-sided conversation about it!
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Waiting on Tyrone Magnus.

Nevermind, it's up.

I forgot about him. He can be entertaining.
First Page Last Page
Page 488 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.