Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,571 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish this line had stayed.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
I actually forgot about this little edit earlier. This might be equally as upsetting as what was done to Jabba's Palace.

Was watching on TV the other night and heard this. I was like wait, I don't remember that being in the earlier versions.
redline248
AG
quote:
As powerful as the emperor was, why didn't he force jump or fly or levitate ?
Because Lucas had no intention of the force ever being that powerful.

or

He was too shocked that Vader actually betrayed him.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

That line got yanked?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, it was changed to "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival". So much weaker. You don't get the sense of Vader's anger and frustration.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:

you know, for me anyway, Empire is not just the best Stars Wars movie, it's actually one of the best movies every made. IMHO of course. It's just so damn well done.
Duncan Idaho
It's too talky and thinky without enough sand.
PatAg
AG
I would have been fine if he just added the initial "no" there.
The Collective
AG
Another quote from the Ben Child article that was overshadowed here:

quote:
Rogue One faces further challenges, such as June's damaging reports of reshoots and more recent suggestions that Edwards, the British director of 2014's semi-decent Godzilla, is now being supervised in the edit room by Michael Clayton's Tony Gilroy. There's also the fact that the new installment seems to be jettisoning lightsaber battles and the eternal battle between the dark and light sides of the Force all the good stuff, in other words in favor of highlighting the lives of those citizens of a galaxy far, far away who have to deal with the fallout every time the Empire decides to mash up a new planet.

I see the above as a plus, not a con. Plus, it may not be light and dark side of the force heavy, but I don't think we are running away from the basic story of good vs. evil.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Yeah, it was changed to "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival". So much weaker. You don't get the sense of Vader's anger and frustration.
Yeah, the original is definitely "choke a *****" Vader
The Collective
AG
When might Disney start ticket presale for Rogue One? TFA trailer release / tickets presale started on Oct 19. What is in store for Rogue One as we start the home stretch here (ticket sales, trailer (?), & ad campaign). Hope the ad run really focuses in on story timeline, but we will see.
twilly
AG
Toys hit the shelves Friday at midnight. I would imagine the hype will start building then.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm guessing it will be about the same time we get the final trailer. Which I would guess would be either next month or early November but I'm just flinging mud at the wall. (I'm sure TCTTS has a better idea on that date.)
Farmer1906
AG
I think it was mid Oct for TFA. I would expect the same.
The Collective
AG

quote:
First revealed in the Rogue One sizzle reel from this year's Star Wars celebration, Moroff is a Gigoran mercenary who sells his skills to the highest bidder. During this tumultuous time of war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire, Moroff sees a prime opportunity to offer his services as a heavy gunner for the Rebels.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-character-details/
TCTTS
AG
Except that the trailer in August really threw off the release pattern. TFA had an April teaser trailer and then an October full trailer. Rogue One had an April teaser trailer and then an August full trailer. So I'm betting the third/final trailer is pushed back just a bit. Seems like a no brainer for Disney to attach it to Doctor Strange on November 4th. Maybe release it online around Tuesday the 1st? And have presale tickets go up then as well? Sounds like a good bet.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Seems like a no brainer for Disney to attach it to Doctor Strange on November 4th. Maybe release it online around Tuesday the 1st? And have presale tickets go up then as well? Sounds like a good bet.

Seems logical. If this film's promotion and marketing schedule is an indication, they'll deviate from what is most logical.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, and right on queue...

jabberwalkie09
AG

Farmer1906
AG
I was talking about ticket sales. I think it was ~8 weeks for TWA and CW, the 2 movies that I bought way in advance.
Farmer1906
AG
That was at 5am this morning. Sounds like you read it, made a prediction, the posted it to make you finally look correct on a trailer prediction.
TCTTS
AG
A) I answered your question about ticket sales in my post, and B) you're totally right. I read that trailer news at 5 AM this morning, decided NOT to post it, instead hoping against all odds that someone would randomly ask when the next trailer is coming, and then what do you know - bam - someone asks and I get to look like such a cool, internet badass in the Star Wars thread!

... or I took an educated guess like I always do, then happened to open up twitter soon after and see that.
The Collective
AG
Farmer1906
AG

quote:
A) I answered your question about ticket sales in my post, and B) you're totally right. I read that trailer news at 5 AM this morning, decided NOT to post it, instead hoping against all odds that someone would randomly ask when the next trailer is coming, and then what do you know - bam - someone asks and I get to look like such a cool, internet badass in the Star Wars thread!

COOL LASER FALCON
quote:

quote:
First revealed in the Rogue One sizzle reel from this year's Star Wars celebration, Moroff is a Gigoran mercenary who sells his skills to the highest bidder. During this tumultuous time of war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire, Moroff sees a prime opportunity to offer his services as a heavy gunner for the Rebels. He is a very good boy.

AliasMan02
AG
quote:

quote:
First revealed in the Rogue One sizzle reel from this year's Star Wars celebration, Moroff is a Gigoran mercenary who sells his skills to the highest bidder. During this tumultuous time of war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire, Moroff sees a prime opportunity to offer his services as a heavy gunner for the Rebels.

Gigorans are another element created by West End Games that is being brought into canon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jbanda
AG
Maybe if Lucas was still in charge.
The Collective
AG
As we edge closer to Rogue One, this week I wanted to present another one of my favorite scenes from Episode IV - the crew's departure from Mos Eisley.

Speaking of Rogue One, are we 11 weeks away now? It's going to get here soon. I am excited, but I don't feel near the hype that I would for a saga film. It could be that I just don't have the same ?s going into this film as I did Episode VII.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Absolutely agree. I am excited don't get me wrong, but the hype for me is nowhere near the same stratosphere as it was for TFA. (Or where it will be for Ep VIII)

Saga films are a different animal.

Countdown for Rogue One is at 77 days.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's also not a relaunch of the franchise with a new movie, which is where most of the excitement for TFA came from. It's just different now from when we were attention starved for new material.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also true. Though, the prequel I was most excited for was ROTS. Due to finally seeing the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel and the birth of Vader.

But to be fair, I wasn't nearly as big a SW fan in 99 as I was in 05.
redline248
AG
you were only like 8 years old in '99, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting discussion going on on the SW subreddit, want to see what y'all think.

Did Owen Lars know Vader was Anakin?

The only real piece of evidence is the exchange between him and his wife -
"He's got too much of his father in him."
"That's what I'm afraid of."

But nobody in the galaxy except Obi-Wan and Yoda would know, and I assume Obi-Wan wouldn't want to share that information with the Larses. He might just not want to lose Luke as a farmhand. Thoughts?
First Page Last Page
Page 482 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.