Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,696 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Come to think of it, maybe Owen thinks Anakin is dead and blames Obi-Wan for his death, leading to his apparent dislike of him in ANH.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I would say they didn't know. I've always taken the end of the duel as Obi-Wan thinking Anakin was dead/would die shortly. So my question is when did Obi-Wan and Yoda find out who Darth Vader actually was.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think he told them pretty much what he initially told Luke. I think that Owen was referring to Luke wanting to leave home, kind of like Anakin didn't stay after his mother died.
codenameduchess
AG
No, for me it has always been more of he has his eyes on the stars looking for adventure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They learned he was "Darth Vader" from the security holograms of the Jedi Temple in ROTS. So they always knew.

The better question would be, when did they learn he was still alive? But I imagine Vader's reputation spread fairly quickly around the galaxy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I agree with you and jabber.

Also, totally just saw the scene play in my head just now. You know which one.
redline248
AG
It's really more failure by Lucas to pay attention to his original material. Owen and Beru talk like they know/knew Anakin personally in A New Hope. Then we find out in AOTC that they know him for like 3 mins, and he's a whiny, angry teen. Luke was whiny, but not really all that angry. So the "he has too much of his father" line seems really pointless. They don't ever see Anakin again. I assume all they know is he died in the clone wars.

Further, Obi-wan's line about them being afraid Luke would follow him on some adventure also no longer makes sense, bc it turns out Anakin didn't follow Obi-wan, and Owen never even met Obi-wan until he shows up with Luke.
AliasMan02
AG
People didn't know what to make of the Vader as we know him in Star Wars. They, even Imperials, thought he was possibly even a droid of some sort. The high ranking offials obviously knew he was a Force user. Only Tarkin knew, or at least strongly suspected, hus true identity.
Ag Since 83
AG
From the (new) canon comics...this one is from sometime last year or early this year...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow. Spot on. Had not seen that.

Wonder if we'll see this in the Obi-Wan movie.
Ag Since 83
AG
There have been a couple issues of the main Star Wars series focusing on Obi-Wan's time in Tatooine. Basically, Luke returned to Tatooine at some point after Episode IV and found Ben's "journal" left for him at Ben's home. Every now and then they devote an issue to a story that Luke reads out of it.

I am WAY behind on my comic reading. Next time I login to my Marvel account I'll probably be overwhelmed with issues. I subscribe to the SW and Darth Vader series, and want to read the Poe series they started in like April or May.

On a related note, my friend who went to Norway bought me an issue of the DV series in Norwegian. It's pretty awesome.
Ag Since 83
AG
Plinkett's VII review is up

Taking the link down because it's obviously NSFW, but you can find it on Youtube if you search for Plinkett/Red Letter Media
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

From the (new) canon comics...this one is from sometime last year or early this year...

Kiefer Sutherland to play Owen Lars?

or if he hadn't died in 2014:
PSH
Duncan Idaho
it;s finally here.

TCTTS
AG
New Russian poster. Surely the American version is coming soon. Either way, one of my favorites of the year...

jeffk
AG
Very Full Metal Jacket.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now this is more like it.
jbanda
AG
Needs "Born to Kill Rebel" written on it.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

New Russian poster. Surely the American version is coming soon. Either way, one of my favorites of the year...

Best post here in a month. We are closing in on a Star Wars movie unlike any SW film ever produced.
double aught
AG
Took me a while to pick up on the rebel logo reflection.
Farmer1906
AG
Ditto.
spanky
AG
I assume the poster translates as "If she dies, she dies"
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ashley Eckstein is interviewed on this week's Star Wars Show. Also some stuff about SWTOR and toy stuff.

Yeah, I want to go read that novel now.
CapCityAg89
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I would say they didn't know. I've always taken the end of the duel as Obi-Wan thinking Anakin was dead/would die shortly. So my question is when did Obi-Wan and Yoda find out who Darth Vader actually was.

There is no way they don't feel his pain when he wakes up in the armor with Padme dead. I think Obi Wan probably suspects as he's leaving and doesn't feel Anakin die.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

TCTTS said:

Best post here in a month. We are closing in on a Star Wars movie unlike any SW film ever produced.
Let's hope so. I am keeping my enthusiasm bottled as much as I can but I am more amped for Rogue One than I have been for any SW movie (well, at least since 1983)
Urban Ag
AG
Meanwhile..................Texas executes Capt Rex. Damn.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
CapCityAg89 said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

There is no way they don't feel his pain when he wakes up in the armor with Padme dead. I think Obi Wan probably suspects as he's leaving and doesn't feel Anakin die.

It's all Obi-Wan's fault. If he had finished him off none of the rest would've mattered. Damn you, Obi-Wan!
wangus12
AG
Guess he was just too jealous of Anakin's power.
Flashdiaz
AG
wangus12 said:

well, he did try and hold him back.
The Collective
AG
wangus12 said:

How could he be jealous when he was always underestimating it?
AggieChemist
AG
I haven't kept up with this thread too much in recent months. Is anyone here playing x-wing miniatures? I mostly just set em up and play with my 6 year old with some simplified dice rules I made up... but I've started playing with a couple of other friends that play and it's pretty addictive.

Right now I'm flying a squad consisting of TIE interceptor (Soontir), TIE advanced/v1 (Inquisitor) and a phantom (Sigma squad).

Trying to find a Firespray build I like.

/hijack
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Slow news week, so here's a cool picture from the set of ESB.

AliasMan02
AG
AggieChemist said:

I haven't kept up with this thread too much in recent months. Is anyone here playing x-wing miniatures? I mostly just set em up and play with my 6 year old with some simplified dice rules I made up... but I've started playing with a couple of other friends that play and it's pretty addictive.

Right now I'm flying a squad consisting of TIE interceptor (Soontir), TIE advanced/v1 (Inquisitor) and a phantom (Sigma squad).

Trying to find a Firespray build I like.

/hijack
Oh, yes. Not nearly as much as I'd like, though. I've held off buying the new wave just because I haven't been able to play much.
AliasMan02
AG
My other ubernerd hobby pays off, as I follow Topps on Twitter.

First Page Last Page
Page 483 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.