Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,279 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

it;s finally here.

glad he commented on the "ring theory" which I found more coincidence than anything else. The Ring Theory also doesn't take away from the fact that the first three films were terrible.
amercer
AG
I play, but exclusively with my kids (5 and 8 year olds), so we don't even bother with about half the rules. They like it, but the games seem really long. Ideas on shorter formats?
AliasMan02
AG
amercer said:

I play, but exclusively with my kids (5 and 8 year olds), so we don't even bother with about half the rules. They like it, but the games seem really long. Ideas on shorter formats?
"Missions" can be made shorter. Let each kid pick a favorite ship or two and give them an objective, like "destroy three TIE Fighters" or "Crash into Darth Vader 4 times" or similar.
The Collective
AG
A little late this week, but another clip from ESB...
AggieChemist
AG
My kid and I just fly around. Don't worry about target arcs or anything. Roll attack and evade dice and kill each other's ships. He's 6. I'll start introducing more rules when he can read better. LOL.
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

it;s finally here.

Really great. I do wish he would focus on what is actually good about his reviews. All of his little skits are distracting and just drag it all out.

I liked his idea for the alternate story, but I think he gets why they made the choices they did. I feel pretty positive about my position that TFA isn't the perfect Star Wars movie, but it's what was needed to bring everyone back in the fold.

It does bother me a little bit that he glosses over things that he clearly knows. He complains, or rather just points out, the fact that we never see Phasma without her helmet, and suggests that maybe her role as a powerful female character is marginalized. But, he HAS to know about her inclusion at the behest of Rian Johnson because she plays into one of his arcs in Episode VIII.
Duncan Idaho
I agree it was the movie the franchise needed. I hope Rouge one can be the movie the fans of the franchise wanted
The Collective
AG
I see that the Snoke is Mace Windu theory picked up enough steam from the deep Internet that Collider addressed the theory. They think it is bull****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had not heard this. Not a good theory, but not the worst I've ever heard, either.
twilly
AG
I don't think this video says anything that posters on here don't already know, but it's a nice little commentary about Star Wars origins.

http://money.cnn.com/video/media/2016/10/10/star-wars-really-is-from-a-long-time-ago.cnnmoney/
redline248
AG
CJS4715 said:

I see that the Snoke is Mace Windu theory picked up enough steam from the deep Internet that Collider addressed the theory. They think it is bull****
It is bullsh_t.
3rdGen2015
AG
said:

Here's the video for anybody interested. I imagined the purple lightsaber conversation exactly as they reenacted it.

Duncan Idaho
Have we discussed this?

redline248
AG
I don't know if anyone here plays that game.
AliasMan02
AG
That's the new content to the Bioware MMO, I assume?
Duncan Idaho
AliasMan02 said:

That's the new content to the Bioware MMO, I assume?

It is. But it does a great job of catching the tone I want from the off year/non-saga movies
redline248
AG
Bioware has done a great job with most of their Star Wars games. At least in terms of the story scenes. I don't remember Old Republic being that great of a game to play, though.
tamusc
AG
redline248 said:

Bioware has done a great job with most of their Star Wars games. At least in terms of the story scenes. I don't remember Old Republic being that great of a game to play, though.
Yeah, it was buggy and the end game content was sorely lacking. Actually leveling a character was fun through because of how story driven it was.
AliasMan02
AG
Just checked and we don't get the new Visceral Star Wars game for two more years. Ugh.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I only played a little bit, but then again I'm not a huge fan of mmorpg's. I'd almost rather have had a sequence of short films, I mean trailers, narrated to detail events of the era that built upon canon than a game that has given us Legends content.

Granted I've enjoyed all the cinematic trailers, but I just don't have an inclination (or really the time either) to go back and start playing through the game.
redline248
AG
Yep. I wonder if Disney has any plans for adding canon to the Old Republic era.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Just checked and we don't get the new Visceral Star Wars game for two more years. Ugh.
As long as it comes with a single player campaign, I'll be happy to purchase it. If not, then I'll likely give it a pass like I gave EA's Battlefront a pass.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

AliasMan02 said:

As long as it comes with a single player campaign, I'll be happy to purchase it. If not, then I'll likely give it a pass like I gave EA's Battlefront a pass.

It's gonna be Uncharted for Star Wars, it seems.
Malachi Constant
AG
redline248 said:

Yep. I wonder if Disney has any plans for adding canon to the Old Republic era.
I think it's gaining a lot of traction. There is only so much more they can do with the Skywalker family without just being repetitive, IMO.

The Old Republic essentially gives them a clean slate to tell new stories. You can take something mystical like the Force and build stories around it far beyond what we've seen on screen.
redline248
AG
The one question, I suppose, is how successfully can they build a new Saga (if that is the goal) from completely new and unrelated characters and stories? Will casual fans care? I suppose they could do a 150 year old Yoda as a young Jedi knight...ha.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

The one question, I suppose, is how successfully can they build a new Saga (if that is the goal) from completely new and unrelated characters and stories? Will casual fans care? I suppose they could do a 150 year old Yoda as a young Jedi knight...ha.
While not completely unrelated, I think that Rogue One could be a good indicator for this.

Keep in mind that details or a title of the third anthology film still hasn't been announced. It's possible that they are waiting to see how Rogue One does to see if they can do something completely unrelated, or play it say and go with the frequently rumored Boba Fett film instead. Rogue One is going to make money purely on the Star Wars brand, and the Han Solo anthology is going to make money because it's a Han Solo film.

It's also going to matter a great deal on what era and conflict they would choose to focus a new saga around. There's probably a lot of interest in The Old Republic era, and that seems like it would be a great time to canonize Revan in some way.
LeonardSkinner
I'm not saying I think he is, but that wasn't a very good argument against Mace Windu as Snoke.

1. Maul survived being cut in half. Vader survived massive burns and limb loss.
2. Non-canon novel suggests that Windu has to come close to the Dark Side to use his lightsaber style. An interesting thought when a lot of people think Kylo Ren was struggling with which side he feels he should be on.
3. Serkis being the motion capture model for Snoke would be a perfect way to disguise whoever is actually playing the role.

Finn being Windu's son is a separate thing and completely stupid.

Occam's razor. Mace Windu is not Snoke because Mace Windu is not a bad guy (and is almost certainly dead).
BMX Bandit
Finn being Windu son is nowhere close to being as dumb as Windu being Snoke
wangus12
AG
The cinematics done by Blur Studios are absolutely incredible.
LeonardSkinner
BMX Bandit said:

Finn being Windu son is nowhere close to being as dumb as Windu being Snoke

Pfft. Equally as stupid.
TCTTS
AG
Well, this just came out of nowhere...

Not only did we just get the brand new, final poster, but the FINAL TRAILER is dropping TOMORROW...

Ag Since 83
AG
Edwards confirms on the Star Wars show a trailer is coming tomorrow.
boogieman
AG
Poster today.

Trailer tomorrow.
TCTTS
AG
Looking like 6 AM Pacific...

https://trailer-track.com/2016/10/12/breaking-final-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-trailer-arrives-tomorrow/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh HELL YES. (On poster and final trailer.)
First Page Last Page
Page 484 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.