Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,747 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my sources say there will indeed be a new trailer on July 15th.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Official favorite movie of the Texags EB.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good point on the change of release date. Totally forgot about that.
The Collective
AG
quote:
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Are your sources "The Internet"?

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-trailer-to-air-on-abc-july-15th

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-2-release-date

The fact that whatever they're releasing is 3-minutes long - 30 seconds longer than most trailers - just makes me all the more confident that this is a behind-the-scenes featurette being mistakenly referred to as a "trailer." They're not going to release a 3-minute trailer five months before the movie comes out. That almost never happens. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect whatever it is to have a bit of new footage, but it won't be your typical trailer that plays in theaters. It will likely be the Rogue One equivalent of this:

redline248
AG
Apparently there is a Han Solo book coming out next week as part of the aftermath series. Titled Life Debt.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Apparently there is a Han Solo book coming out next week as part of the aftermath series. Titled Life Debt.

He's in it on the same sort of line as Wedge in the last Aftermath, I think. He and Chewie will be central to the story, but the main characters will still be Norra Wexley and her crew.

Despite his writing style, I find that I'm looking forward to it.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:

He's in it on the same sort of line as Wedge in the last Aftermath, I think. He and Chewie will be central to the story, but the main characters will still be Norra Wexley and her crew.

I couldn't finish the written version due to the terrible writing style, but the audiobook for Aftermath was fantastic. Basically an old school radio drama with music and sound effects.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The fact that whatever they're releasing is 3-minutes long - 30 seconds longer than most trailers - just makes me all the more confident that this is a behind-the-scenes featurette being mistakenly referred to as a "trailer."
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

I couldn't finish the written version due to the terrible writing style, but the audiobook for Aftermath was fantastic. Basically an old school radio drama with music and sound effects.

I've posted to same thought but not as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
The fact that whatever they're releasing is 3-minutes long - 30 seconds longer than most trailers - just makes me all the more confident that this is a behind-the-scenes featurette being mistakenly referred to as a "trailer."

You would think he'd learn his lesson after being so adamant about when certain things would and wouldn't come out.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, I think it was your post about the audiobook being a better option that made me check it out in the first place. So thanks!
Duncan Idaho
Is Anybody less lazy than me going to post the new stills from rogue one that are on imgr?
The Collective
AG
quote:

I used BES's handy index to see TCTTS' prediction on the teaser trailer's release for Rogue One. The day before it dropped, he wrote:
quote:
Btw, with confirmation that the Doctor Strange trailer is debuting next week on Kimmel (and thus will be in theaters with Disney's The Jungle Book next Friday), I'd say that basically solidifies the Rogue One trailer debuting with Civil War in a month. I was a little worried that Disney would instead debut the Doctor Strange trailer with Civil War, and push the Rogue One trailer to mid-summer (with something like The BFG), but it's pretty much set in stone now that in exactly one month, we'll be watching a Rogue One trailer in theaters.

Seems like Lucasfilm will do whatever they damn well please.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

When is this?
The Collective
AG
July 15
Simplebay
AG
All I've been told is new footage July 15th, featuring lot more of Grand Admiral Nothrawn. Whether it's Trailer 2 or Trailer 1 if you think the first is...I should find out.

I'll put my eggs in the trailer basket, only cuz I like seeing TC defensive. But the logic is sound for a featurette.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, and I'd love nothing more than to be wrong again.
The Collective
AG
Not meant as a dig at you. I really have no idea what to expect or when to expect it, and I enjoy your commentary. I really didn't think we'd go full hype this summer, but it looks like that is what they will do.

Do any of you think they will address the reshoots at Celebration?
Quad Dog
AG
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
What ever, in the sense that I think you said, do you mean; his writing style...seemed, well, completely... appropriate: by definition... to me!

Worst book I ever read!
OnlyForNow
AG
Ho-Lee-snikees that is awesome.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Has this been discussed? I haven't been following the thread for a while.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Disney-demanding-reshoots-of-Rogue-One-Does-it-indicate-problems-with-the-movie/answer/David-Mullich

Zemira
AG
quote:
Has this been discussed? I haven't been following the thread for a while.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Disney-demanding-reshoots-of-Rogue-One-Does-it-indicate-problems-with-the-movie/answer/David-Mullich

Probably about 100 pages ago.
The Collective
AG
Nobody (on the outside, at least) really knows the truth behind the reshoots, so we'll wait and see. There can still be some humor in the movie while delivering a grim movie from an overall perspective.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
4 days till Celebration.
The Collective
AG
quote:
4 days till Celebration.

And.... I'll be sitting in my office making TPS reports.
redline248
AG
Did you get the memo about those?
AliasMan02
AG
Aftermath: Life Debt drops today. Without getting into it, some prelim info leads me to believe that the Solo anthology film will NOT feature the events around the meeting of Han and Chewie.
Ag Since 83
AG
Hope to read some tonight. But probably not much. Will read more of it----later in the week.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Aftermath: Life Debt drops today. Without getting into it, some prelim info leads me to believe that the Solo anthology film will NOT feature the events around the meeting of Han and Chewie.
I read the first Aftermath, didn't particularly care for it either. There were several tangent chapters that had little to absolutely nothing to do with the primary plot of the book. My assumption was that this was to set up additional novels or tie in characters and back story to the Star Wars anthologies??

if that is the case, agree with you and those events are going to get flushed out in the novels
AliasMan02
AG
Well, they weren't chapters. They were interludes. Most of them were just flavor, but others may play out down the road.

I assume Life Debt has the same.
TCTTS
AG
I was curious as to when the two big SW Celebration panels were going to be for us in the states, so, if my math is correct, here's what we're looking at...

FRIDAY, JULY 15

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Secret mission? What plans? What are you talking about? Find out, when Gareth Edwards director of the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story joins Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and some special guests for a revealing can't-miss Rogue One panel!

Time:
- London: 16:00-17:00
- US CST: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- US PST: 08:00 AM - 9:00 AM

What to expect:
- Additional story and character details
- Potential new concept art and movie stills
- Some kind of three-minute footage debut, whether it be a be an extended trailer or behind-the-scenes featurette

SUNDAY, JULY 17

Future Filmmaker Discussion & Closing Ceremony
Get a glimpse of what the future holds in the Star Wars galaxy when Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo hosts a discussion with filmmakers Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson (Star Wars: Episode VIII) and directing duo Chris Miller and Phil Lord (the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story) in what will be Sunday's must-see event at Celebration Europe. There are sure to be some surprises in store for the audience, so make sure you stop by the Celebration Stage as we close out the weekend's festivities on a high note!

Time:
- London: 15:00-16:00
- US CST: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- US PST: 07:00 AM - 8:00 AM

What to expect:
- Potential Episode VIII title announcement
- Potential Han Solo spin-off title announcement
- Potential (and very minor) story and character details for both films
- Potential concept art and movie stills for both films
- Potential Episode VIII behind-the-scenes featurette

It doesn't sound like either of these panels will be streamed live online, though I imagine they'll be available shortly after. As for the Rogue One trailer/footage, I'd expect that to be online sometime Friday morning as well.

Looking forward to it!
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm only 4 chapters (plus a prologue, plus at least one Interlude) into Life Debt: am I willfully lying to myself, or did Wendig ditch the annoying style everyone complained about so much? At the very least he dialed it back.
First Page Last Page
Page 445 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.