Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,202 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm only 4 chapters (plus a prologue, plus at least one Interlude) into Life Debt: am I willfully lying to myself, or did Wendig ditch the annoying style everyone complained about so much? At the very least he dialed it back.

I'm a couple of chapters in, and he did dial it back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
As for the Rogue One trailer/footage, I'd expect that to be online sometime Friday morning as well.
Mr. White
It better be Johnson apologizing for making me worry about reshoots/making it kid friendly.
The Collective
AG
Also of note for fans of Rebels:

quote:

Star Wars Rebels Season 3
July 16, 2016, 16:00 - 18:00 (10 am - Noon central)

Still recovering from the epic Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale? Feel like you have more questions than answers about what the future holds for the crew of the Ghost? Fear not! Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer and Supervising Director Dave Filoni will be joined by special guests to share highly-guarded sneak peeks at what's to come in Star Wars Rebels season 3 including a screening of the first two episodes!

AliasMan02
AG
I'm going next year. That's just all there is to it.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I was curious as to when the two big SW Celebration panels were going to be for us in the states, so, if my math is correct, here's what we're looking at...

FRIDAY, JULY 15

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Secret mission? What plans? What are you talking about? Find out, when Gareth Edwards director of the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story joins Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and some special guests for a revealing can't-miss Rogue One panel!

Time:
- London: 16:00-17:00
- US CST: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- US PST: 08:00 AM - 9:00 AM

What to expect:
- Additional story and character details
- Potential new concept art and movie stills
- Some kind of three-minute footage debut, whether it be a be an extended trailer or behind-the-scenes featurette

SUNDAY, JULY 17

Future Filmmaker Discussion & Closing Ceremony
Get a glimpse of what the future holds in the Star Wars galaxy when Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo hosts a discussion with filmmakers Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson (Star Wars: Episode VIII) and directing duo Chris Miller and Phil Lord (the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story) in what will be Sunday's must-see event at Celebration Europe. There are sure to be some surprises in store for the audience, so make sure you stop by the Celebration Stage as we close out the weekend's festivities on a high note!

Time:
- London: 15:00-16:00
- US CST: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- US PST: 07:00 AM - 8:00 AM

What to expect:
- Potential Episode VIII title announcement
- Potential Han Solo spin-off title announcement
- Potential (and very minor) story and character details for both films
- Potential concept art and movie stills for both films
- Potential Episode VIII behind-the-scenes featurette

It doesn't sound like either of these panels will be streamed live online, though I imagine they'll be available shortly after. As for the Rogue One trailer/footage, I'd expect that to be online sometime Friday morning as well.

Looking forward to it!

Future Filmmaker panel WILL be streamed live, according to the online schedule.

Edit: I think. It could mean that they are streaming it to other auditoriums on site.
TCTTS
AG
Right. It only mentions streaming to two other on-site locations.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BHzn5myhC6Y
TCTTS
wangus12
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BHzn5myhC6Y

TCTTS
AG
I don't understand why the caption doesn't post with the picture, but Daisy just wrapped on Episode VIII.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I don't understand why the caption doesn't post with the picture, but Daisy just wrapped on Episode VIII.

Damn. That is going to be a long wait for everyone involved.
AliasMan02
AG
Can we over analyze that pic now?
TCTTS
AG
I honestly think it's a TFA pic. Surely there's not another lightsaber fight at night in the snow.
AliasMan02
AG
Agree. Just kidding.
AliasMan02
AG
So, a Celebration question. Why are virtually no cast members on the guest list? Do we expect them to show up for panel and such as a surprise, or will there really be no attendance from the Rogue One crew?

I get the Episode 8 folks not being there, to not overshadow the next film, but you'd think showcasing Felicity Jones would be top of the list.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'd have to think they want to keep them a surprise. There is zero chance no cast from Rogue One shows up.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'd have to think they want to keep them a surprise. There is zero chance no cast from Rogue One shows up.

I assume as well. Once that gets done and makes me feel better, I'm booking tickets for Celebration 2017. Hopefully Daisy will be there and do photo ops and autographs. My wife will be indebted to me forever.
The Collective
AG
The cast is too busy re-doing the film.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Also of note for fans of Rebels:

quote:

July 16, 2016, 16:00 - 18:00 (10 am - Noon central)

Still recovering from the epic Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale? Feel like you have more questions than answers about what the future holds for the crew of the Ghost? Fear not! Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer and Supervising Director Dave Filoni will be joined by special guests to share highly-guarded sneak peeks at what's to come in Star Wars Rebels season 3 including a screening of the first two episodes!

I'm looking forward to the spoilers coming out of that regarding the premier. I have a feeling that things are going to really change given the finale.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I honestly think it's a TFA pic. Surely there's not another lightsaber fight at night in the snow.

And a 4th death star
jabberwalkie09
AG
Star Wars Show this week has an interview with Gareth Edwards and a clip for Season 3 of Rebels. Oh yes.

Ezra looks different and looks like he has some new moves. Should be interesting!
An Ag in CO
AG
They've weaponized a sun in EP 8.
AliasMan02
AG
Agree. Things have really gone pretty well for the Lothal cell, but we know that this can't keep up. At the time of A New Hope, we know that there are no active Jedi in the rebellion. When all Rebel cells are united in their assault on Death Star 2 a couple of years later, there is no Ghost in the mix.

Things are going to go south at some point.
The Collective
AG
SW show youtube states that they will be streaming panels.
Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
So, a Celebration question. Why are virtually no cast members on the guest list? Do we expect them to show up for panel and such as a surprise, or will there really be no attendance from the Rogue One crew?

I get the Episode 8 folks not being there, to not overshadow the next film, but you'd think showcasing Felicity Jones would be top of the list.
Last year none of the cast was announced for the TFA panel - just JJ, Kathy Kennedy, and "special guests" much like the way they are advertising the Rogue One panel Friday.
amercer
AG
quote:
Agree. Things have really gone pretty well for the Lothal cell, but we know that this can't keep up. At the time of A New Hope, we know that there are no active Jedi in the rebellion. When all Rebel cells are united in their assault on Death Star 2 a couple of years later, there is no Ghost in the mix.

Or they just head to the outer rim to search for old Jedi lore and miss the next thirty years.

It's an animated Disney XD show. They aren't ending with Vader killing everyone. Now if it were a Japanese cartoon....
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Or they just head to the outer rim to search for old Jedi lore and miss the next thirty years.

It's an animated Disney XD show. They aren't ending with Vader killing everyone. Now if it were a Japanese cartoon....

Disney isn't afraid to kill characters, although I agree it's unlikely they all die. Kanan probably, maybe Ezra. This is the ultimate problem with creating all these stories after the original trilogy. Lucas intended for Obi-wan and Yoda to be the last Jedi during the imperial era. By creating new Jedi so far long after the fact to exist prior to A New Hope, you've essentially written them to die.

But it's Filoni, so they'll disappear and show up as old curmudgeons when Rey's kids are in their teens.
Ag Since 83
AG
Can someone summarize what we know for a fact is being streamed? Is tomorrow morning's Mark Hamill event (like 5:30 am central?)
The Collective
AG
quote:
The Star Wars Show LIVE will be the one place to watch Celebration panels as they happen in London but you may want to channel your inner Admiral Ackbar and plan a viewing strategy. Check out StarWars.com's live stream schedule below, and make sure you don't miss any of the big news and revelations! These times are subject to change and equally subject to cool surprises throughout the broadcast!

Friday, July 15

11:00 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! Friday Preview

11:30 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
An Hour With Mark Hamill

1:00 p.m. BST / 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT
Ahsoka's Untold Tales

2:00 p.m. BST / 9:00 a.m. EDT / 6:00 a.m. PDT
ILM Presents: Star Wars Archeology

3:45 p.m. BST / 10:45 a.m. EDT / 7:45 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! Rogue One Panel Preview

4:00 p.m. BST / 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

5:00 p.m. BST / 12:00 p.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! Rogue One Reaction

Saturday, July 16

10:00 a.m. BST / 5:00 a.m. EDT / 2:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! Saturday Preview

10:15 a.m. BST / 5:15 a.m. EDT / 2:15 a.m. PDT
Droids of The Force Awakens

12:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 a.m. PDT
The Creatures, Droids & Aliens of Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Keeping Up With The Fetts

2:00 p.m. BST / 9:00 a.m. EDT / 6:00 a.m. PDT
Anthony Daniels, Without Protocol

5:00 p.m. BST / 12:00 a.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT
Marvel's Star Wars Comic Books

6:00 p.m. BST / 1:00 p.m. EDT / 10:00 a.m. PDT
MEET ILMxLAB: The Future of Immersive Entertainment

7:00 p.m. BST / 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
The Minds Behind EA's Star Wars Games

Sunday, July 17

10:00 a.m. BST / 5:00 a.m. EDT / 2:00 a.m. PDT
Star Wars Show Live! Sunday Preview, Tiya Sircar

10:15 a.m. BST / 5:15 a.m. EDT / 2:15 a.m. PDT
2016 Star Wars Fan Film Awards Ceremony

11:00 a.m. BST / 6:00 a.m. EDT / 3:00 a.m. PDT
Carrie Fisher: The Princess Diaries

12:00 p.m. BST / 7:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 a.m. PDT
Lucasfilm: The Art of Storytelling

Ray Park Unleashed

Closing Ceremony

TCTTS
AG
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-celebration-2016-predictions/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want to get our ducks in a row before tomorrow. TC, are you still firm in your stance that there will be no trailer tomorrow?
TCTTS
AG
I'll put it this way - save for a handful of animated movies over the years, I can't recall of a singe other live-action movie ever releasing a three-minute trailer five months before its theatrical release. Literally only two or three movies a year even have three-minute trailers, as the MPAA allows each studio only one theatrically-shown trailer per year to be over two-and-a-half minutes, and those almost always are released as final trailers way closer to the film's release. Granted, this is Star Wars. If ever there was an exception, this is it. That, and Disney may be looking to make a big statement in response to all the negative reshoot press of the past couple months. So I get it, and it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Honestly, my gut says it's going to be more of a hybrid; not a true trailer, but something more than a behind-the-scenes featurette. Basically, a lot of new footage intercut with talking-head interviews and what not. But look, no one wants a full, legit, three-minute Rogue One trailer this weekend more than me. I would be over the moon. It just doesn't seem likely, given all the evidence. Will gladly be proven wrong, though.
TCTTS
AG
The earliest I can recall a trailer being released that was over two-and-a-half minutes is the phenomenal, gargantuan trailer for Cloud Atlas. It was released online only on July 26th, 2012 and runs 5:42. The movie itself hit theaters October 26 of the same year. So exactly three months before the film's release. But again, this trailer was never released in theaters, and maybe the Rogue One trailer tomorrow won't be either.

(Either way, say what you will about the movie itself, but this is still one of the best trailers I've ever seen.)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. I would agree that it seems really long for a trailer this far ahead, but when has Lucasfilm ever not marched to the beat of its own drum?

I'm about 60/40 leaning towards trailer. But I am 99.9% certain that Vader will be in whatever it is.
First Page Last Page
Page 446 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.