Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,508 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It definitely defies what one would expect out of a trailer 5 months from release of the film. I really have no idea what to expect. Maybe the 3 minutes includes some kind of intro, given that it is appearing on TV with the TFA documentary. Perhaps, they are doing something special to make it clear that this is not part of the new trilogy.

Darth Vader appearance/hint? Yes or No?
If yes, will they show him in a full shot, partially (maybe not show his face), or do we just hear him breathing?

I say that we see him. Hear him breathing first, and you see his face illuminate once he powers on his lightsaber.

I am hoping it's really dark to maybe combat the whole rumor of armchair directing from the boardroom.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And leave a beat or two for the crowd to go ape**** (a-la Chewie, we're home.)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
The earliest I can recall a trailer being released that was over two-and-a-half minutes is the phenomenal, gargantuan trailer for Cloud Atlas. It was released online only on July 26th, 2012 and runs 5:42. The movie itself hit theaters October 26 of the same year. So exactly three months before the film's release. But again, this trailer was never released in theaters, and maybe the Rogue One trailer tomorrow won't be either.

(Either way, say what you will about the movie itself, but this is still one of the best trailers I've ever seen.)

Was this any good?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
The earliest I can recall a trailer being released that was over two-and-a-half minutes is the phenomenal, gargantuan trailer for Cloud Atlas. It was released online only on July 26th, 2012 and runs 5:42. The movie itself hit theaters October 26 of the same year. So exactly three months before the film's release. But again, this trailer was never released in theaters, and maybe the Rogue One trailer tomorrow won't be either.

(Either way, say what you will about the movie itself, but this is still one of the best trailers I've ever seen.)

Was this any good?

I liked it, you have to get used to the fact that each actor plays multiple characters in a big budget film. If you can accept that then it makes the film easier to like.
Duncan Idaho
It wasn't the worst thing I saw that year but it is on one of the movie channels right now and I honestly don't remember ever debating if I shouldnt keep scrolling through the guide and find something else.
Dro07
AG
So looking at the latest rebels show and how i think they are suppose to end it after this season... Is the Diego Luna character possibly a twist and be Ezra?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
So looking at the latest rebels show and how i think they are suppose to end it after this season... Is the Diego Luna character possibly a twist and be Ezra?

Plot twist: after watching kanan get killed by vader, Ezra falls into a deep depression, swears off the force, and begins to eat to fill the new sense of emptiness that consumes him only to reappear in ANH as porkins
Dro07
AG
The Collective
AG
I don't think he's Ezra. That would be a huge surprise to me.
hunter2012
AG
I really want it to be Del Toro's character in VIII.
Dro07
AG
ya I guess i just want there to be a tie in to him. Is there any connection to this Luna guy and the blind character on Rogue one that we know of?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I think that's doubtful. If Ezra (even if he uses any other name) shows up at what appears to be the Yavin base prior to Luke's arrival, I think people will lose their **** over another force user being so near to the events of Episode IV at the same time Luke will be.

I think the crew of the Ghost and the rest of the characters of Rebels will likely be distanced from the main component of the Rebellion as they have been for the majority of the series.

I'm expecting Saw Gerrera to show up in Rebels this season though. Seems like the most likely of any of the characters from R1 to show up.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, if you can get past the abysmal make up, it's actually a pretty good movie. A couple of the six storylines couldn't stand alone on their own as movies, but the way everything weaves together is pretty cool and masterful. It's definitely worth watching.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Yeah that's pretty cool, but damn that dude needs a girlfriend
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Line for Rogue One panel.

TCTTS
AG
I don't care if they were debuting Episode VIII tomorrow, there's no amount of money you could pay me to be in that line. That looks miserable.
Farmer1906
AG
Really? No amount of money.
Duncan Idaho
no kidding. At least be playing a game of some kind.
Ag Since 83
AG
The Mark Hamill panel has been tremendous. I recommend you catch it on YouTube later. His stories about auditioning for IV, finding out about the Starkiller to Skywalker change, and reading the VII script have been amazing. As well as the Joker stuff.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Live stream here
The Collective
AG
We aren't done with Ahsoka from a story perspective, it seems.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Excellent.

I didn't get to watch all of it, so I'm hoping someone gives a cliff notes version of that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
T-minus 2 hours for Rogue One panel.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Excellent.

I didn't get to watch all of it, so I'm hoping someone gives a cliff notes version of that.

I wish that I could provide more info. I literally turned it on as he was giving the tease that we may not have seen the last of her. I will catch the whole hour later, because it was apparently a great panel per the twitterverse.
Ag Since 83
AG
They went through some of the Ahsoka storylines after her exit from TCW, including some concept art from various storylines. The highlight was probably Filoni talking about a storyline where Anakin lent her the 501st, and she commands Rex and them on Mandalore in a fight against Maul who was in control of Mandalore at the time. The talk about her growing up and getting to lead troops made Ashley Eckstein really emotional.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In that link I posted, you can go back and watch all the recorded stream.
Ag Since 83
AG
There's a cool panel on right now where the ILM guys are talking about digging up the old Episode IV models/sets to recreate for Rogue One.
The Collective
AG
Some good quotes from the Ahsoka panel:

quote:
"The reason why can we do this panel is because of the fan support for this character," Filoni says. He says she grew into someone fans love and respect. "We at Lucasfilm really appreciate that. I was very adamant after the Season Two finale that that was it for Ahsoka on Rebels but after the reaction I dunno. It just might be possible to see her again." Huge applause.

quote:
Filoni: "It's my feeling that it's not a ruse. It's an extension of the concept 'Let me look on you with my own eyes.' Nothing can change Vader until Luke. There's no way Ahsoka can bring Anakin back. I wanted a suspended moment where she has to deal with the reality and he has to resolve that he's going to destroy her."

quote:
"I always wanted white lightsabers. It was more indicative of the fact that she's not chosen a side. She's not a Jedi and she's not a Sith."

quote:
Sketch shows Ahsoka leading a charge of clones and Mandalorians, and another with Ahsoka dueling Maul. And Anakin leaves a battalion of clones including Rex with Ahsoka for the fight on Mandalore. "That's why Rex isn't in the movie."

The Collective
AG
Episode I had more miniatures than any other Star Wars film....
Duncan Idaho
quote:
"I always wanted white lightsabers. It was more indicative of the fact that she's not chosen a side. She's not a Jedi and she's not a Sith."

I never once got the impression that she was undecided between the sith and the Jedi. Especially when nobody really even knew that the sith were still active until the end of the clone wars.

This comment is Lucas bad.

If Whoever said this have said something like "the white shows that she is too independent to ever fully embrace the structure of the Jedi but her conscience is too clear for her to be seduced by the sith" they might have been on to something
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
They went through some of the Ahsoka storylines after her exit from TCW, including some concept art from various storylines. The highlight was probably Filoni talking about a storyline where Anakin lent her the 501st, and she commands Rex and them on Mandalore in a fight against Maul who was in control of Mandalore at the time. The talk about her growing up and getting to lead troops made Ashley Eckstein really emotional.
Even if we didn't see that, the Siege of Mandalore was spoke of by Rex this season. So I'd say that storyline is tentatively canon, and hopefully we read about it in the upcoming book for Ahsoka. Last year there was concept art for the 332nd which would have been made up of clones loyal to Ahsoka.
Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
quote:
Even if we didn't see that, the Siege of Mandalore was spoke of by Rex this season. So I'd say that storyline is tentatively canon, and hopefully we read about it in the upcoming book for Ahsoka. Last year there was concept art for the 332nd which would have been made up of clones loyal to Ahsoka.
That was one of the points they made: that even though the episodes weren't made, that stuff happened in their mind, so she and Rex have that history, and they talked with the author of the book to make sure she had that background as well. They said there were references in the book (but didn't say how big the references were), and they don't want the audience to think the author is making stuff up: it's a well discussed Ahsoka back story.
jabberwalkie09
AG

http://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2016-ahsokas-untold-tales-panel-liveblog
The Collective
AG
I haven't watched yet, but I assume the quote is worded poorly (maybe it is the presentation for social media consumption). I didn't interpret it to mean that Ahsoka's white lightsaber means she has some pending decision of being jedi or sith. I would argue the white is a sign of her connection to the light. So, I agree with what you are saying... believe the quote was Filoni allegedly but not sure.
First Page Last Page
Page 447 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.