Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,758 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
10 days till Celebration.

IMO, this is what we're most likely to get:

• New trailer for Rogue One (Vader appearance for sure)
  • Description and full title of the Han solo movie, maybe some concept art, and an appearance by Alden Ehrenreich
  • Title for Episode VIII, appearance by Mark, Daisy, and John Boyega, and possibly a teaser poster. (Though it still seems early for that.)
  • Surprise announcement of an Obi-Wan trilogy with an appearance by Ewan McGregor

Yep, think we will get a new trailer for R1. I'm thinking that Vader's appearance in the trailer will be at the end of the trailer though, similar to how Han and Chewie were in the trailer for TFA.

Regarding the Han Solo movie, I think we will get some concept art and some details about how long before IV it is. Anything for VIII is going to overshadow R1, in every possible way. I wouldn't count on much for VIII beyond maybe a behind the scenes video/full title and an interview with Kennedy, Johnson, and Ridley. I'm expecting very minimal details for VIII, but I'm also expecting a release date for IX to be given.

I'd also be really surprised if we got a Kenobi trilogy. I think it's more likely that they announce the third anthology film will be a Kenobi film. I know that the third film has been long rumored to be a Boba Fett film, but I think they'd put a Kenobi film far above in priority.

There's also the TV side of the house as well. I believe, like last year, the season premier will be screened at the the panel for Celebration. I think there will probably be some details regarding the build up towards IV and the Battle of Yavin, and how they have worked with Edwards and the Story Group to build a cohesive story. I think we can plan on Saw Gerrera making an appearance this season. I also fully expect lots of concept art.

Filoni has teased that there is going to be an announcement and that it's "something [he has] wanted to do for a while," which has reignited the speculations that Thrawn may show up in some capacity.
TCTTS
AG
I would not expect a new Rogue One trailer at Celebration. The first one isn't even three months old yet. As I laid out in an earlier post, we'll likely get a behind the scenes featurette at Celebration, then a new trailer around October.
TCTTS
AG
Here's what I posted a couple months back, re: the trailer schedule...

quote:
Yeah, based on the past release pattern so far, this is what I'm thinking going forward (everything in bold is obviously a prediction)...

11/2014 - The Force Awakens Teaser
04/2015 - The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer (at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim)
07/2015 - The Force Awakens Behind the Scenes Featurette (at Comic-Con)
10/2015 - The Force Awakens Full Trailer
12/2015 - The Force Awakens Theatrical Release
04/2016 - The Force Awakens Retail Release

With no Rogue One teaser a year out, I'm assuming that was likely a one-time thing with TFA since that was basically announcing the beginning of a whole new saga after a decade since the prequels. That, and we're already starting to see a repeating pattern, so...

04/2016 - Rogue One Teaser Trailer
07/2016 - Rogue One Behind the Scenes Featurette (at SW Celebration Europe)
10/2016 - Rogue One Full Trailer
12/2016 - Rogue One Theatrical Release
04/2017 - Rogue One Retail Release

04/2017 - Episode VIII Teaser Trailer (at SW Celebration Orlando)
07/2017 - Episode VIII Behind the Scenes Featurette (at Comic-Con)
10/2017 - Episode VIII Full Trailer
12/2017 - Episode VIII Theatrical Release
04/2018 - Episode VIII Retail Release

Things then start to get a bit more complicated when the franchise switches from December to May theatrical releases with the Han Solo anthology movie in May 2018, just five months after Episode VIII hits theaters. So we'll definitely be getting a Han Solo teaser trailer BEFORE Episode VIII is released. I'd say likely November 2017 for the Han Solo teaser trailer, falling back in line with the old prequel schedule - teaser trailer in November, full trailer in April, theatrical release in late May from then on out (i.e. Episode IX and whatever comes after).
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well last year's behind the scenes clip for TFA was pretty much a trailer unto itself so......
The Collective
AG
TCTTS crushing our hopes and dreams once again... (I do recall his earlier post).

Rian Johnson is there, so Episode VIII will not be a footnote, I assume, though I agree it could easily overshadow R1.
TCTTS
AG
Totally agree with Brian when it comes to title announcements for Episode VIII and the Han Solo spin-off, though. I would be very surprised if we don't learn the official titles for both this weekend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, we're all speculating here. But I would be very surprised if we didn't get a new trailer, or at the very least, a clip of some sort.

We got two teaser trailers for TFA before the "full" trailer in October, and I think they follow that pattern from here on out.
Farmer1906
AG
We're not getting a new clip. They're still re-shooting pretty much the entire movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those reports were false.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Those reports were false.

(that is from a lot of people's favorite show)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You should probably change it up with your icons if you want your sarcasm to come across. Like so.
The Collective
AG
quote:
We're not getting a new clip. They're still re-shooting pretty much the entire movie.

They'll just show us 15 minutes of the original film that they made.
TCTTS
AG
I'll bet anyone here any amount of money that we're not getting a new trailer. That's how confident I am. There MIGHT be a couple shots of new footage in a behind the scenes featurette, but that's about it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BHcNYKRBHp1
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I'll bet anyone here any amount of money that we're not getting a new trailer. That's how confident I am. There MIGHT be a couple shots of new footage in a behind the scenes featurette, but that's about it
AliasMan02
AG
Guesses on a title for the Solo film? For fun, the old Solo novels are entitled:

Han Solo at Stars' End
Han Solo's Revenge
Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
The Paradise Snare
The Hutt Gambit
Rebel Dawn (which interestingly has him tangentially involved in the theft of the Death Star plans)

Not a book title, really, but one compilation is The Corporate Sector.

Will the story be pre-Chewie? Pre-Falcon?

My hope is that we see Ord Mantell and/or Nar Shadda on screen for the first time.

I like the idea of a Solo movie set in his earlier days, before the Hutts, called Black Sun. Or, of his days after being marked by Jabba while running spice for the Pykes called Syndicate. Kessel Run and Life Debt are also decent guesses.

I feel like the movie has to include the Falcon, but would be hindered by Chewie, which makes the timeline kinda tricky.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
S T A R
Situation Normal: A Han Solo Story
W A R S
The Collective
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BHcNYKRBHp1

Looks like a great spot for a picnic with force ghost Anakin.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Guesses on a title for the Solo film? For fun, the old Solo novels are entitled:

Han Solo at Stars' End
Han Solo's Revenge
Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
The Paradise Snare
The Hutt Gambit
Rebel Dawn (which interestingly has him tangentially involved in the theft of the Death Star plans)

Not a book title, really, but one compilation is The Corporate Sector.

Will the story be pre-Chewie? Pre-Falcon?

My hope is that we see Ord Mantell and/or Nar Shadda on screen for the first time.

I like the idea of a Solo movie set in his earlier days, before the Hutts, called Black Sun. Or, of his days after being marked by Jabba while running spice for the Pykes called Syndicate. Kessel Run and Life Debt are also decent guesses.

I feel like the movie has to include the Falcon, but would be hindered by Chewie, which makes the timeline kinda tricky.
Played some Uncharted I see. All those titles make me think of the game franchise.

Ord Mantell has been in Son of Dathomir, and Black Sun has been in TCW and mentioned in Rebels. So I think Ord Mantell is a great possibility.

As to whether it will include Chewie and the Flacon, I think that many people will have a tough time buying into a film where Han isn't with Chewie or doesn't have the Falcon.

Though if they wanted to pull from legends and tie R1, Rebels, and the Han Solo film together I could see it where they introduce a character like Bria Tharen. It's been rumored for awhile now that they casted Ehrenreich early enough to include him into R1 for a cameo role.

I think if R1 happens to take place on Toprawa, I think we end up getting some kind of link there.
AliasMan02
AG
What about cameos? From the canon it would be easy to work in:

Jabba and his crew
Any number of bounty hunters (maybe Boushh)
Lando
Maz
Delia Leighton (obscure but easiest to work in)
Sana Starros
Grakkus the Hutt (if Nar Shaddaa is a destination)

From the EU:

If Black Suns are involved, Xizor or Guri
Dash Rendar, not because of any connection with Han, but because he rules
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
What about cameos? From the canon it would be easy to work in:

Jabba and his crew
Any number of bounty hunters (maybe Boushh)
Lando
Maz
Delia Leighton (obscure but easiest to work in)
Sana Starros
Grakkus the Hutt (if Nar Shaddaa is a destination)

From the EU:

If Black Suns are involved, Xizor or Guri
Dash Rendar, not because of any connection with Han, but because he rules

This guy before the bandages... bandages due to pissing off chewy
TCTTS
AG
One thing to keep in mind is that it has to end with "A Star Wars Story." So, like with Rogue One, it'll likely be a short one-to-three-word title followed by "A Star Wars Story." It may just be as simple as "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story."
The Collective
AG
The Last Nerf Herder: A Star Wars Story
Farmer1906
AG
Smuggler: A Star Wars Story
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
12: A Parsecs Story
MGS
Han Solo and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Duncan Idaho
quote:
The scruffiest Nerf Herder: A Star Wars Story

Fify
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Han Solo and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

They could do a cross over like they did with ET and have the crystal skull aliens in a Senate scene
The Collective
AG
Are they really almost done with the initial filming of Episode VIII?
jabberwalkie09
AG
If Mark Hamill is to be believed, yes.
AggieSouth06
quote:
Are they really almost done with the initial filming of Episode VIII?

17 months of post-production window would drive me crazy as a director. I would second guess and modify and tweak and nitpick non-stop.

It's going to make money in May or December or if they release it at 4am on a Tuesday in September. Just release the damn thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's interesting how much earlier they're finishing with VIII. TFA finished principal photography in November.

I wonder if they're doing longer post production due to the movie being more CGI heavy.
TCTTS
AG
The shooting/production schedule was locked before they decided to move the release back to December '17.
The Collective
AG
quote:
It's going to make money in May or December or if they release it at 4am on a Tuesday in September. Just release the damn thing.

Yea, well, Disney wants all of your May money to go to Guardians and Pirates.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The shooting/production schedule was locked before they decided to move the release back to December '17.
Yep, originally VIII was supposed to come out in May 2017 IIRC.
First Page Last Page
Page 444 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.