Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,491 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I think the fact that we didn't see a scene of the lightsaber killing younglings is pretty strong evidence that they are deliberately avoiding references to Eps 1 through 3. In the history of that saber, that's a substantiala moment, as is it passing from Anakin/Vader to Obi-Wan. But, all we daw was Luke losing it and forward from there.
Related topic. When Finn and Dameron are escaping in the TIE fighter, the First Order baddie orders to fire the ventral cannons. We then see missiles launched at the fleeing TIE fighter. The OT never featured any weaponry other than laser blasts. Missile technology was a part of the PT, specifically in Clones and Sith. Dameron even spins the TIE fighter, forcing the trailing missiles to spin into themselves. That is right out of Sith when Anakin performs the same maneuver to evade missiles.

I know this is not as obvious as Anakin/Luke's lightsabre but how this can not be considered a PT reference is puzzling.
Duncan Idaho
I see your point but that is a bit of a reach. I would have gone with phasma's armor.
redline248
AG
Because it doesn't matter that much
AliasMan02
AG
Not true. Torpedoes were used several times and the Falcon used its Concussion Missiles to destroy the second Death Star. TIE Bombers also used bombs when searching for the Falcon in Empire.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
I think the fact that we didn't see a scene of the lightsaber killing younglings is pretty strong evidence that they are deliberately avoiding references to Eps 1 through 3. In the history of that saber, that's a substantiala moment, as is it passing from Anakin/Vader to Obi-Wan. But, all we daw was Luke losing it and forward from there.
Related topic. When Finn and Dameron are escaping in the TIE fighter, the First Order baddie orders to fire the ventral cannons. We then see missiles launched at the fleeing TIE fighter. The OT never featured any weaponry other than laser blasts. Missile technology was a part of the PT, specifically in Clones and Sith. Dameron even spins the TIE fighter, forcing the trailing missiles to spin into themselves. That is right out of Sith when Anakin performs the same maneuver to evade missiles.

I know this is not as obvious as Anakin/Luke's lightsabre but how this can not be considered a PT reference is puzzling.
I think you're trying too hard. Could just be something they thought would be a cool visual.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I see your point but that is a bit of a reach. I would have gone with phasma's armor.

Yes, Phasma's armor is a direct reference in the canon. However, it is never mentioned in the film and in reality was not the basis for that character design. It was chrome first, then the reference to Palpatine was written in.
3rdGen2015
AG
Sounds like more deleted scenes are coming at some point, including more of a backstory for Simon Pegg's character

redline248
AG
Speaking of Simon Pegg's character...

I wonder if the deleted scenes will include his meeting with Chewbacca as described in the novelization?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Speaking of Simon Pegg's character...

I wonder if the deleted scenes will include his meeting with Chewbacca as described in the novelization?

I doubt it. While funny, I'm glad that scene didn't make the movie. Didn't quite fit.

For those that didn't read it, Plutt shows up at Maz's to reclaim the Falcon and ends up getting his arm torn out of its socket by Chewie.
redline248
AG
Man, you ruined it. I was hoping more people would post questions first.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm the ruiner.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
For those that didn't read it, Plutt shows up at Maz's to reclaim the Falcon and ends up getting his arm torn out of its socket by Chewie.
Well, Han did mention way back in ANH...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I think you're trying too hard. Could just be something they thought would be a cool visual.
The people who are convinced they're purposely avoiding prequel references are trying too hard.

Kylo mentions clone troopers, so they have no problem referencing them when necessary. Not really much more to be said about the subject.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
The people who are convinced they're purposely avoiding prequel references are trying too hard.

Kylo mentions clone troopers, so they have no problem referencing them when necessary. Not really much more to be said about the subject.
I agree. I mean, there will be some holdover from that as it is essentially the rise of the Empire, but no reason to specifically reference or avoid them.
Ag Since 83
AG
The clone army reference is the only obvious reference (unless you count something like using Ewan McGregor's voice since the other guy's dead): It's the only thing I felt I needed to explain to someone who's never watched Star Wars. I work with people from other countries where Star Wars isn't as popular, and they asked if they needed to watch all the others before seeing 7. I told them if you see 4, 5, and 6, you can watch 7 and enjoy it. 1, 2, and 3 don't add much to viewing 7 really. I just told them "at one point they mention clone soldiers: just be aware there were clone soldiers in the prequels, but it has no impact on enjoying or understanding 7"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting video. And oddly relevant.

redline248
AG
It is interesting what he said about being at the beginning and "we" can help shape they way the serial goes...considering how many times someone posts "the galaxy far, far away is too big to keep focusing on the Skywalker clan."

Anthologies really are a great idea.
BMX Bandit
It's being reported that the first line of Episode VIII is.

(Spoiler)

LUKE: come closer girl. I need some blood to get a reading of your midichlorian count.

gravy97
AG
Please forgive if this was already posted or if this is just some silly rumor that I fell for... but I just came across an article titled Next Star Wars Movie to be Filmed Near Cedar Park, Texas
TCTTS
AG
It's a fake article that generates a location relatively close to you. Has been posted a couple other times with different locations.
The Collective
AG
I would say false, my young apprentice.
gravy97
AG
Thanks...I figured it was fake, but wanted it to not be
caleblyn
Can I have an article close to me please?
maca1028
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just a formality at this point, but it's confirmed Darth Vader will be in Rogue One and played by Spencer Wilding.

Edit: Disregard, doesn't seem to be actually official yet, stupid misleading reddit title.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
He looks nothing like him.
The Collective
AG
No way that Lord Vader is a smoker given his medical history.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Still looks like he is going to kill you. With his mind. By staring at you.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Just a formality at this point, but it's confirmed Darth Vader will be in Rogue One and played by Spencer Wilding.

Edit: Disregard, doesn't seem to be actually official yet, stupid misleading reddit title.
Height:

6' 7" (2.01 m)

Guardians of the Galaxy:

Wrath of the Titans:

Other roles you may know:
Duncan Idaho
Not sure if it would be awesome to be a movies star no one could recognize or if it would be horrible to be a movie star that no one could recognize
fig96
AG
quote:
Not sure if it would be awesome to be a movies star no one could recognize or if it would be horrible to be a movie star that no one could recognize
Good question for Ray Park.
chjoak
AG
quote:
I'd rather have the money but be able to walk through the streets and take the family to dinner without everyone knowing who I was. But that's just my personality.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Good question for Ray Park.

Well I don't think Lord Maul would have to worry much about being bombarded by fans. At least you could see his face even if heavily covered in make up, I wonder how many people would say that he played Snake Eyes in the Joe films if they saw him in person.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://deadline.com/2016/04/star-wars-han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-frontrunner-cast-1201737425/

AliasMan02
AG
Boy, I still just don't know about this. I hope the story is just about a tough scrape that Han finds himself in and how he weasels his way out of it to come out on top, and not something where we see him win the Falcon, rescue Chewie, and famously dump his spice shipment in the weeks before Ep 4.

I trust all of the creatives involved so I should probably just have some faith. Still...
First Page Last Page
Page 416 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.