Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,060 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really, really wish they would drop the Han Solo story and go another direction. It feels like a huge ****ing risk.
Duncan Idaho
I think either dave Franco or zac efron from Neighbors would make a great solo.

There. I said it.
The Collective
AG
quote:

There. I said it.

The dude from High School Musical? I would love Star Wars parody edits with this video:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

There. I said it.
double aught
AG
Dave Franco is barely over 5'.
Flashdiaz
AG
Zac Efron?? They'd probably put him in the Han Solo vest without a shirt and you'd like that.
double aught
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Dave Franco is barely over 5'.

That would just make chewie look that much taller.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Zac Efron?? They'd probably put him in the Han Solo vest without a shirt and you'd like that.

As long as there was a pose off at the end with who ever plays lobot.
Burlington
quote:
http://deadline.com/2016/04/star-wars-han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-frontrunner-cast-1201737425/

Wood.
wangus12
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
So, no more Americans starring in Star Wars ever huh?
tamuangry
So if I was to predict the ending to Rogue One: rebels are surrounded and defeated (probable that Jan Ors is only captured and rest are killed) but at the last second they send out the transmission with the Death Star plans to Princess Leia's ship. This would allow for a darker story but a more uplifting ending given our knowledge of the eventual outcome.

How do you think it will end?
AliasMan02
AG
What if the final scene is Jyn sitting in a cell in the Death Star, listening to the successive explosions getting nearer and enjoying a satisfied, knowing smile before the screen goes black?
wangus12
AG
I think they all end up dead. Otherwise, if its a big success, people will want more movies with these characters
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I think they all end up dead. Otherwise, if its a big success, people will want more movies with these characters
Enter the story of Red Hand Squadron from the EU/Legends.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Hand_Squadron
Duncan Idaho
quote:
What if the final scene is Jyn sitting in a cell in the Death Star, listening to the successive explosions getting nearer and enjoying a satisfied, knowing smile before the screen goes black?

That would be good.
wangus12
AG
Kinda what I was thinking minus the suicide. Go out guns blazing like BC & Sundance
3rdGen2015
AG
The Emperor to Vader in Darth Vader #1:
quote:
Our greatest weapon is gone. Our production is in ashes. We are besieged. In all these years, we have never skirted closer to disaster... Thanks to you. You tagged the rebel ship with a homing beacon and let the rebels escape with the Death Star plans. Deliberately.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
The Emperor to Vader in Darth Vader #1:
quote:
Our greatest weapon is gone. Our production is in ashes. We are besieged. In all these years, we have never skirted closer to disaster... Thanks to you. You tagged the rebel ship with a homing beacon and let the rebels escape with the Death Star plans. Deliberately.

He did something similar in Star Wars Rebels... except he single handedly wiped out many rebel fighters and forced the rest to run.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting, didn't know Vader let them go. We know they do this again when Vader lets Luke Han and Leia off the Death Star, which obviously doesn't turn out very well either.

That's two pretty major **** ups then.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Interesting, didn't know Vader let them go. We know they do this again when Vader lets Luke Han and Leia off the Death Star, which obviously doesn't turn out very well either.

That's two pretty major **** ups then.

Pretty sure the Emperor was talking about the Falcon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, thought it was referring to the Rogue One rebels.
wangus12
AG
Peter Mayhew just released images from the original IV script. Kenobi survives the battle with Vader!

3rdGen2015
AG
Oh I guess that could be true, I thought it was referencing the Rogue One rebels. I guess I just have Rogue One on the brain so when I read that, that's immediately where my mind went.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, Kenobi did survive the battle in the version we got..... From a certain point of view.
The Collective
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Order's gotta pay the bills...
Duncan Idaho
Lies! All lies! Everyone knows that Lucas had all 3, I mean 9, I mean 6 movies all carefully mapped out before he started shooting.
The Collective
AG
quote:
First Order's gotta pay the bills...

I thought that dude got eaten in Jeepers Creepers.
fig96
AG
quote:

Those boots have held up well.
Tanya 93
512Ag
AG
I find it interesting that the original script calls Vader "the Sith" but the term Sith isn't mentioned in the movies until the prequels. Unless I'm misremembering.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I find it interesting that the original script calls Vader "the Sith" but the term Sith isn't mentioned in the movies until the prequels. Unless I'm misremembering.

It's mentioned in ANH.
First Page Last Page
Page 417 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.