Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,411 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. Good catch.
Duncan Idaho
And my point is that it makes the pt, even more of an abortion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, and the point I was making to MC is that I don't believe TFA had the most talent of the films, it just had a much better writer/director.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
is Kylo saving Rey in her force vision??

Rey looks same outfit/age there as in TFA. I'm thinking it's a vision of something that happened and she gets to witness in an "in the flesh" dream, as a spectator.
3rdGen2015
AG
It's also possible that this is a vision of the future. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, she does have visions of the island where she meets Luke after all. Not saying I believe that, but it is a possibility.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
quote:
is Kylo saving Rey in her force vision??

Rey looks same outfit/age there as in TFA. I'm thinking it's a vision of something that happened and she gets to witness in an "in the flesh" dream, as a spectator.
So Kylo saved whomever she is witnessing this from. I.e. Luke
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
There is a difference between a talented actor and a talented performance

Depsite having a lot of talented actors, there's isn't a single performance in the prequels that would be used as an example of a talented performance.

Which adds to the list of reasons why the prequels are so bad.
I hate the prequels and acting was always my number one complaint. But, I watched an "in defense of the prequels" video that made a good point about the acting. They put together some clips where Hayden Christensen didn't have any dialogue and it was actually some, dare I say, pretty good acting.

Unfortunately, I can't make it through the prequels, so I can't tell if these were just a couple of cherry picked moments or if it's a legitimate point.
jbanda
AG
One of my favorite moments in TFA was after Han/Chewie/Finn get surrounded by storm troopers at Takodana, the word gets passed that they've got incoming. For some reason it seemed so much more "realistic" that just having the X-wings surprise the First order (inasmuch as a space fantasty can seem realistic).
DB Coach
AG
quote:
It's also possible that this is a vision of the future. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, she does have visions of the island where she meets Luke after all. Not saying I believe that, but it is a possibility.
An early part of her vision was her fight against Kylo Ren in the snow on Starkiller Base.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

I believe it's been pointed out that in the vision Kylo has Anakin's lightsaber, which would mean it has to be the future.
512Ag
AG
quote:
I believe it's been pointed out that in the vision Kylo has Anakin's lightsaber, which would mean it has to be the future.
At what point in the vision? I missed that.
AliasMan02
AG
Not a certainty or anything (and yes, the illustration used for comparison is the wrong lightsaber), but...

512Ag
AG
Interesting
The Collective
AG
Anakin or Luke's lightsaber?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Yes. And Rey's.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Luke's from Jedi

The Collective
AG
quote:
and yes, the illustration used for comparison is the wrong lightsaber

Nm, think that confused me initially
3rdGen2015
AG
Interesting, I haven't seen that before. Do we see if Luke has his saber on the island?
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I feel so much better now that the flash-forward theory is gaining strength. Seems like only a 100 pages or so back this theory was ridiculed.

I've thought that was a flash-forward since my second viewing. That is not 15-year old Ben Solo wiping out the Jedi school or some village. That is 30 something Kylo Ren, undisputed leader of the Knights of Ren, killing a whole bunch of well-armed people.

We will see this scene in Episode 8. Although i don't think Rey is actually there. She is having visions of the lightsaber's experience. The lightsaber is there.
AliasMan02
AG
I think the fact that we didn't see a scene of the lightsaber killing younglings is pretty strong evidence that they are deliberately avoiding references to Eps 1 through 3. In the history of that saber, that's a substantiala moment, as is it passing from Anakin/Vader to Obi-Wan. But, all we daw was Luke losing it and forward from there.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
So is it the Force & Lightsaber that gave her the vision? Or does she have psychometry like Quinlan Voss did???
redline248
AG
I think the likely answer is that her vision was caused by the force, and not some specialized skill created for a character almost no one knows about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This.
redline248
AG
glad I'm not the only one that gets the phantom mobile double post
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I think the likely answer is that her vision was caused by the force, and not some specialized skill created for a character almost no one knows about.
Yep.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I feel so much better now that the flash-forward theory is gaining strength. Seems like only a 100 pages or so back this theory was ridiculed.

I've thought that was a flash-forward since my second viewing. That is not 15-year old Ben Solo wiping out the Jedi school or some village. That is 30 something Kylo Ren, undisputed leader of the Knights of Ren, killing a whole bunch of well-armed people.

We will see this scene in Episode 8. Although i don't think Rey is actually there. She is having visions of the lightsaber's experience. The lightsaber is there.
the only nitpick I would have is that if this is a flash forward vision, Kylo is wearing his same helmet. The helmet he left inside Starkiller base when he pursued Rey and Finn out in to the snow. Maybe he had a spare stashed away at Papa Snoke's pad.
dave94
AG
quote:
I think the fact that we didn't see a scene of the lightsaber killing younglings is pretty strong evidence that they are deliberately avoiding references to Eps 1 through 3. In the history of that saber, that's a substantiala moment, as is it passing from Anakin/Vader to Obi-Wan. But, all we daw was Luke losing it and forward from there.

I'm not seeing how this has anything to do with recognizing or not recognizing the prequel trilogy.

Why do so many people think they're going out of their way to not reference the prequels? Nothing that's happening at this point has anything at all to do with it. We're dealing with the repercussions of the fall of the empire now.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not seeing how this has anything to do with recognizing or not recognizing the prequel trilogy.

Why do so many people think they're going out of their way to not reference the prequels? Nothing that's happening at this point has anything at all to do with it. We're dealing with the repercussions of the fall of the empire now.

Because the vision was almost entirely about the history and future of that lightsaber. We see Luke lose it. We see the battle where it passes to Rey. We see a glimpse of where it (might) passes to Kylo. The only extra thing is Rey being left on Jakku.

If the vision was really all about that lightsaber, wouldn't you include one second of Anakin wielding it in the Temple or in his battle against Obi-Wan? Wouldn't that only enhance the importance of the artifact?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

So has anyone watched the bonus stuff from the BR on the bonus disc?

I know we talked about the Deleted Scenes before when they were released online. But I just watched the other Bonus material last night and I was pretty blown away...great stuff.

The Table Read was awesome stuff seeing them (old and new) sitting around reading it (not a table by the way, more like couches) and the narrator was....Mark Hammill. Boyega thought it was still another test and he would fail, Adam Driver thought he would be fired, etc.

The making of the snow battle was pretty cool, that entire set build and the training etc...

The making of BB-8 was fascinating, there are like 30 different versions of him for different purposes and seeing how they operate him, pretty cool.

There is a long (1 hour plus) making of the entire movie that has tons of fascinating back story, meetings, speeches, talks, etc. Seeing the day 1 shots and how nervous Daisy was is cool. The heat in the desert especially for Boyega was brutal.

There is another entire segment on the score and John Williams but I have not watched it yet, and some smaller ones. The one on their fundraising and charity involvement was also pretty cool.

Cool stuff.
YouBet
AG
Completely confused now on which light saber we are talking about in the vision. Some are saying the vision showed Anakins (first one in that pic list) and some are saying Luke's (fourth one in that pic list).

Do we have a consensus? In Vision with Ren it clearly looks more like Luke's than Anakins between the two of them.
redline248
AG
quote:
Completely confused now on which light saber we are talking about in the vision. Some are saying the vision showed Anakins (first one in that pic list) and some are saying Luke's (fourth one in that pic list).

Do we have a consensus? In Vision with Ren it clearly looks more like Luke's than Anakins between the two of them.

For whatever reason, the picture with the blowup is using the wrong the lightsaber...I think.
The Collective
AG
Since it is on topic...
redline248
AG
I think we all share that nightmare.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Just think about Kylo's actual reactions.

"What girl?"

Being very shaken when she resisted the mind probe. "She's strong in the Force. Untrained but stronger than she knows."

"It is you."

Also keep in mind that Kylo and Snoke spoke freely about Kylo's family, but never talked about Rey in that context.

Alright, I watched these parts again. I think that I read way too much into the "what girl" scene and his general emo anger reaction. The mind probe scene definitely shows his surprise, and I suppose is the point where he starts to make a connection... yet is still unsure and that is why he seeks out the advice of Snoke.
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.