Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,349 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by TCTTS
Slided bread
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

1. Tried to kill fin not using force powers because he was a traitor.

2. Injured him severely. Went for Luke's saber.

3. Doesn't use force on Rey on purpose. Wants to somehow convince her to join dark side.

4. During the cliff convo, she finally believed she had the force. Her fighting went from scared/sloppy to confident.

5. He was wounded already. He was on defensive and scared. Scared like before when he knew she was better with the force with the mind block.

I agree that that is all plausible / factual. The problem is they didn't do smooth job taking the viewer down that road of thought. Many people I have talked to (big fans and not), have been confused by that scene for the same reason.

Could've done a better job, but hindsight is 20/20.
Mr. White
Rey's Theme has me wondering if somehow this is JJ Abrams's way of getting a Beastie Boys song into a Star Wars movie.

Sounds (the beginnig) kinda like The Blues' Project's "Flute Thing" which is sampled by the Beastie Boys in "Flute Loop".

Mr. White

512Ag
AG
That has to be intentional. Just another reason to like Rey's Theme
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is John Williams a Beastie Boys fan?
512Ag
AG
He has a "Fight for your right to party" tattoo on his chest, so the chances are pretty good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
^ THE authority on Star Wars canon, btw.
512Ag
AG
Rey is too old. Yes. Too old to begin the training.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, we finally have this in high quality for future use:
AliasMan02
AG
Anyone who can watch TFA and not be blown away by Daisy's performance, I don't know what to tell you. Her emotions are sooooo out in the open and exposed. She was fantastic.
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
Also, we finally have this in high quality for future use:

This gif should accompany all future "YESSIR" tweets
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Anyone who can watch TFA and not be blown away by Daisy's performance, I don't know what to tell you. Her emotions are sooooo out in the open and exposed. She was fantastic.

They don't recognize a good performance, or don't want to.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Malachi Constant
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Awesome. I just know I'm not going to run out and buy a ticket to the next movie any of these people are in.
You are my definition of New Army.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
some cool caps from books that came out with TFA

jabberwalkie09
AG
Found this on the OB. Take a look.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/01/18/photos-heckler-koch-ar500-builds-mandalorian-ballistic-armor/
redline248
AG
It's pretty awesome...

but who needs that?
Mr. White

Bach is going to sue John Williams

re: Rey's Theme
MSFC Aggie
AG
Duncan Idaho
I'd like to know what they had planned for the constable character
Fat Bib Fortuna
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
well, that was weird.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/constable-zuvio
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
well, that was weird.

There is a canon sort story about him. He apparently was in the movie but got cut.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
well, that was weird.

There is a canon sort story about him. He apparently was in the movie but got cut.
I think he had a role when Rey was being ambushed for BB-8 originally.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
rebels news and some stuff that could be considered spoilers so I'll add space

The holocron showing Anakin Skywalker is actually something Anakin put togetherit is of Anakin demonstrating how to battle with a lightsaber. Dave also confirmed that it was to costly to add Jedi robes so that is why he is in a different outfit.
We also learn that the temple that we see Kanan, Ahsoka, and Ezra enter is actually underground somewhere, and not on the surface. Dave also goes on to say that while these characters walk in one way, they will not be the same walking out.
We also get to learn that we will go back into Sabine's backstory (showcasing Mandalorians) as well as Zeb's backstory.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm happy to find out about the location, because for a second there I thought we were going back to Mortis.....

Also, perhaps we will get a bit of an homage to ROTS between Kanan and Ezra in the form of "WE WERE BROTHERS!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't have the time right now, but this definitely needs to get 'shopped into Ackbar playing keyboards for various bands.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Seriously though, this is Disney. They are not taking the hero kid from the cartoon my 8 year old loves and making him the most evil person in the galaxy.

They MIGHT however set up a way to bring that kid back into the new movies as an awesome Jedi who's been in hiding for 40 years.
Lor San Tekka?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Has anyone read Before the Awakening? Recommend/do not recommend?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Has anyone read Before the Awakening? Recommend/do not recommend?

Yep. Easy read that provides some good background.
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:
Seriously though, this is Disney. They are not taking the hero kid from the cartoon my 8 year old loves and making him the most evil person in the galaxy.

They MIGHT however set up a way to bring that kid back into the new movies as an awesome Jedi who's been in hiding for 40 years.
Lor San Tekka?

Could have worked, but they killed him off real quick for a major tie-in like that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Finished up my re-re-re-re-re-re-r-ere-re-re-play of KOTOR over the weekend. Delighted in having Zaalbar kill Mission to honor his life debt. Jumped into a replay of Jedi Academy now with my friend Jaden Korr the Kel'Dor. It's a flawed game with a recycled plot, but I kind of like the overall feel to it - Jedi being sent out to investigate odd things, help out the locals, etc. Sort of what they should have been doing in the prequels instead of getting involved with the Senate and having a remote HQ - Yavin IV as opposed to being right in the government's back yard.

Also fantastic going on missions with Kyle Katarn and "accidentally" shooting him or jumping onto his head and having him yell "Stop that, Jaden!"
First Page Last Page
Page 358 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.