Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,137 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If just six months or a year, the first **** if Rey should be her face up close like in TFA, but instead of hanging from a structure, she's upside-down, balancing on one hand.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
After my second viewing with a buddy of mine, we were talking about Luke's potential for talking with Force ghosts in his isolation, and I came up with this.

Disembodied voice: "Luke?"

Luke: "Ben?"

Voice: "No, actually, it is I, Qui-Gon Jinn."

Luke: "Who?"

Qui-Gon's Ghost: "Qui-Gon Jinn. I was a Jedi during the Clone Wars and I perfected the art of living beyond death by becoming one with the Force. I was also Obi-Wan Kenobi's master."

Luke: "No you weren't, he told me Yoda trained him."

QGG: "No, I was his master, Yoda just taught him some classes at the Jedi Temple."

Luke: "What classes?"

QGG: "Introduction to Force Powers; How to Spot a Sith at 50 Paces; Um, Home Ec, I can't remember the rest."

Luke: "OK, so what happened to you?"

QGG: "I was cut down by Darth Maul."

Luke: "Who the hell is Darth Maul?"

QGG: "The first apprentice of Darth Sidious."

Luke: "I don't know who that is either."

QGG: "Palpatine! The Emperor! You know, Darth Sidious!"

Luke: "Nobody I know ever called him that. So what happened to this Maul guy?"

QGG: "Obi-Wan avenged me by cutting him in half, after which he fell to his death. Well, for a while he did. Then he came back to life and started making trouble again with his brother, Savage Opress."

Luke: "So a guy got cut in half, and fell a long way, then came back to life?"

QGG: "Well, he was a Zabrak, not a human."

Luke: "I don't know what a Zabrak is. And his brother's name is what? Can you spell that for me?"

QGG: "Err, sure. S-A-V-A-G-E O-P-R-E-S-S."

Luke: "Are you kidding me? That's about the dumbest name I've ever heard."

QGG: "Hey, I was dead by then, don't blame me. Anyway, they were just nuisances, the real enemy by then was Darth Tyranus."

Luke: "Who?"

QGG: "Darth Tyranus, well his real name was Count Dooku. He had been a Jedi but he turned to evil."

Luke: "Wow, that's an original story. Let me guess, Tyranus at some point became a TYRANT."

QGG: "Wow, how did you know that?"

Luke: "I don't know, genius, maybe the same way I can tell you that Darth Sidious did some INSIDIOUS things and I bet Darth Maul really MAULED you with his lightsaber."

QGG: "Hey, I was tired! That guy was like a pogo stick jumping around all over the place when we fought at power core in Theed."

Luke: "What the hell is Theed?"

QGG: "It's the capitol of Naboo."

Luke: "Not ringing any bells."

QGG: "Naboo! Home planet of Palpatine! And (dramatic pause) of Padme Amidala."

Luke: "What's that? A rock band?"

QGG: "Er, no, she was the wife of Anakin Skywalker ... and your mother."

Luke: "Oh, well I guess that's useful information now that I'm friggin' 65 years old and she's been dead for si decades. Ben! Why didn't you tell me!"

Obi-Wan's Ghost: "Hey, don't blame me, I didn't write those scripts."
redline248
AG
Solid
double aught
AG
Not bad.
boogieman
AG
quote:
QGG: "Naboo! Home planet of Palpatine! And (dramatic pause) of Padme Amidala."

Luke: "What's that? A rock band?"
That part got me.

That's the name of my emo punk band.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Is it May 2017 yet?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Muck has to write for Robot Chicken. Seriously, great sketch for Robot Chicken right there.
Ag Since 83
AG
Got my "The Art of..." book today from Amazon. Great book, great art.
TCTTS
AG
Got mine a couple days ago as well. Pretty amazing stuff, and really makes me long for the movie that could have been. Glad they didn't use some of that stuff, but man, there are some amazing concepts/worlds/looks I wish they would have kept. If anything, the world hinted at by the art feels so much bigger than the world depicted by the eventual movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I felt the same, but I bet we see some of that in the next two movies.
bangobango
AG
Has any information been released about the plot of the second movie?
TCTTS
AG
Absolutely nothing plot-wise. Only that...

- Benicio Del Toro and Gugu Mbatha-Raw are likely joining the cast, but haven't been confirmed.

- Rey, Finn, Kylo, Luke, Leia, and Captain Phasma are the only set-in-stone characters returning as of now.

- Some scenes featuring Luke, and maybe Rey, have already been shot at Skellig Michael island, where the final scene of TFA took place.

- Lawrence Kasdan praised Rian Johnson's script, also calling it "some weird thing."

- Johnson's script is apparently so good that J.J. wishes he was coming back to direct (something he didn't reveal publicly, which gives it more credibility).

That's literally all that is known at this point.
redline248
AG
Just a little amused at the idea of showing more planets and stuff across the galaxy, when that's exactly what Lucas did in the prequels.
redline248
AG
Poe not set in stone at this point?
TCTTS
AG
Every character I listed has either been mentioned/hinted at to return by their respective actor, or by the filmmakers. I'm sure Poe will be back, we just haven't heard one way or the other yet.
bangobango
AG
quote:
Absolutely nothing plot-wise. Only that...

- Benicio Del Toro and Gugu Mbatha-Raw are likely joining the cast, but haven't been confirmed.

- Rey, Finn, Kylo, Luke, Leia, and Captain Phasma are the only set-in-stone characters returning as of now.

- Some scenes featuring Luke, and maybe Rey, have already been shot at Skellig Michael island, where the final scene of TFA took place.

- Lawrence Kasdan has called Rian Johnson's script "some weird thing."

- Johnson's script is apparently so good that J.J. wishes he was coming back to direct.

That's literally all that is known at this point.

Thanks!
jabberwalkie09
AG
We need Poe for the bromance to continue.
boogieman
AG
quote:
Just a little amused at the idea of showing more planets and stuff across the galaxy, when that's exactly what Lucas did in the prequels.
One of the few positives from the prequels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The new Han and Chewie.
redline248
AG
What are you trying to say about Finn, you racist?
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
PatAg
AG
quote:
He just said Han and Chewie, didn't indicate which is which...soo racist much?
Goat Man
AG
I have seen it twice and plan on seeing it once more. First viewing was IMAX 3D and second was 2D in a typical theater. From what I have read the closest theater for IMAX 2D viewing is Fort Worth. I am in college station. Is this correct? I really would like to see it in IMAX 2D but I'm not driving to Fort Worth to do it. My wife has already looked at me funny when I tell her I want to see it a third time. Sorry if this has already been posted in the previous 344 pages of this thread.
AliasMan02
AG
Very few 2D IMAX theaters. There is one in SA, I believe.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
RanDom thought, may have been discussed: before (haha)...

Anyways, I'm re watching the trailers and is it possible that Han saying: "we're home "on the Falcon...

Is it possible that he and Chewie have been holed up on this desert planet taking care of Luke's offspring in the background like the hermit "old Ben" from ANH? And at the end when Chewie and Whatsherface are flying off... Has Han sacrificed himself (again like "old Ben") to save them and let them escape... Become that "damned old fool, I knew you'd say that"

From Sept 23rd.... Pretty close
Goat Man
AG
Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe I was missing something but I guess not.

Anybody seen it in IMAX 2D?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
AD credit
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Super duper high res stills

jabberwalkie09
AG
Not showing up on my end.
wangus12
AG
me neither
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fixed.
OnlyForNow
AG
So how many bodies are there versus how many rocks?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I count 15+ bodies.
OnlyForNow
AG
And 3 of the 6 guys have blasters, 1 has an unknown weapon (looks like a T), one we can't see, and 1 has a halbred?
First Page Last Page
Page 345 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.