Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,003 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Super duper high res stills

That's a really cool shot. Loved it in the theater.
Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
quote:
Super duper high res stills

That's a really cool shot. Loved it in the theater.
In the Art of SW:TFA book, they call that their homage to Apocalypse Now. Pretty awesome.
OnlyForNow
AG
One thing I find interesting is that, Kylo was at least far enough along in his Jedi training that we was able to fabricate a half-ass light saber... doesn't seem that if his knights were also jedi in training that any of them were that advanced.
Farmer1906
AG

quote:

This needs to covered in depth in VIII.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Making Star Wars is now getting rumors regarding Rogue One. I must say, if they turn out to be true it sounds pretty great IMO. A couple of the rumors are about casting and how it may relate to the plot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I have big doubts about the rest of the Knights of Ren being force users. I think they're just his disciples/followers. If they were Jedi you'd think they'd all have their own lightsabers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This does sound badass.

Warning: Don't click if you want to know absolutely nothing.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rogue-one-star-wars-story-father-daughter-destroyer-worlds/
redline248
AG
Younglings in the prequels had their own, although maybe there isn't an abundance of force crystals and Luke makes them wait.
The Collective
AG
So, the Knights of Ren shot in the rain. Flashback or a glimpse into the future?
The Collective
AG
quote:
This does sound badass.

Warning: Don't click if you want to know absolutely nothing.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rogue-one-star-wars-story-father-daughter-destroyer-worlds/

Obligatory: I'm out. See you guys in a year.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That's what I was alluding to in my post. Also, they have a set description as well which was put up on the site today. Sounds glorious.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
So, the Knights of Ren shot in the rain. Flashback or a glimpse into the future?
Honestly I never even considered that it might be the future until someone mentioned it on here. Or I might've heard it on Collider Jedi Council, not sure.
OnlyForNow
AG
Sounds promising!

AliasMan02
AG
quote:

I'm convinced it's the future.
TCTTS
AG
Hadn't considered it being a glimpse of the future, but yeah, I'm convinced now as well. Makes so much more sense that way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The main reason I don't think it's the future is the mask and saber. We never see Kylo pick up his mask after killing Han, and he definitely doesn't go back to get it before hauling ass off the planet.

I'm thinking he'll have a new mask by Ep VIII, maybe not radically different but slightly. And probably a new, stable lightsaber.
The Collective
AG
Makes so much more sense to me.
wangus12
AG
I want to see this:

BECOME THIS!

OnlyForNow
AG
Is that a fan creation?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I believe that's from the game Star Wars: The Old Republic (it's an MMORPG I think)
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
The main reason I don't think it's the future is the mask and saber. We never see Kylo pick up his mask after killing Han, and he definitely doesn't go back to get it before hauling ass off the planet.

I'm thinking he'll have a new mask by Ep VIII, maybe not radically different but slightly. And probably a new, stable lightsaber.
Very good points. And a slight change to the mask and saber means for **** for Disney to sell.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I want to see this:

BECOME THIS!

And I want to see Luke and Rey take them all on.
Duncan Idaho
I hope he doesn't change his saber. I love it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's pretty sweet, but I honestly don't think it was ever meant to be his main lightsaber for the rest of the trilogy. Like Luke, he'll probably build his new lightsaber and it won't look like it was put together by a novice.

It'll be a nice way of reflecting his progress in the knowledge/power of the force.
wangus12
AG
All I want is for Rey to have a double-blade
amercer
AG
quote:
Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe I was missing something but I guess not.

Anybody seen it in IMAX 2D?

Yes, and it was awesome.
AgMarauder04
AG
SPACE VOLDEMORT Y'ALL
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn, never saw this. Pretty badass.

Don't know if this is intentional, but notice all the people on the light side are looking left and Kylo is looking right. And Finn's lightsaber is pointing right; he started in the FO and changed sides.
redline248
AG
quote:
SPACE VOLDEMORT Y'ALL

Space trash can gets all the ladies.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Younglings in the prequels had their own, although maybe there isn't an abundance of force crystals and Luke makes them wait.
I believe those were training sabers, not actual lightsabers.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
It's pretty sweet, but I honestly don't think it was ever meant to be his main lightsaber for the rest of the trilogy. Like Luke, he'll probably build his new lightsaber and it won't look like it was put together by a novice.

It'll be a nice way of reflecting his progress in the knowledge/power of the force.

I can see that. His fractured crystal and the resulting blade were just great screen writing (basically the exact opposite of the s&p and sec chicks in the big short)
The Collective
AG
Each time younglings get brought up here, I can only think of Obi-Wan losing a planet. How embarrassing.
TCTTS
AG
As of right now, seeing all this info in one place, Rogue One at least has a chance to be my favorite Star Wars movie of them all...

Collider / Everything We Know About 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
redline248
AG
You're doing it again. I won't say I warned you when you're on here complaining about it in a year
First Page Last Page
Page 346 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.