Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,120 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will never not get excited for things that sound awesome. Besides, sometimes the build up is better than the movie itself, and that's just fine. I love the process just as much as the final product, in most cases. If anything, that's why I'm on TexAgs so much, talking about all this stuff.
redline248
AG
Being excited is one thing, building up a movie to ridiculous levels based on bits of info trickling out from various sources to the point of disliking the movie that isn't what's in your head is another.

It's your prerogative, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have to agree with TCTTS on this one. The anticipation is half the fun.

Hell, look at my posts on this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
12K!
AMW2010
AG
......flame away, I'm sure it's already been talked about.....but I'm just gonna leave this here....

TCTTS
AG
Surely not... right???

TCTTS
AG
Hahaha, wow, AMW2010.
TCTTS
AG
Did the Snoke hologram actually flicker out, or was it more of a dissolve away kind of thing? I can't remember. Is there any way that was actually a Force ghost?
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm sure it's been discussed, but Rey's memory may have been wiped a la Revan in KOTOR.
Speaking of Revan, I've not posted my replay of KOTOR update in a while. Found the Star Maps on Dantooine and Kashyykk, currently on Tatooine wiping the floor with Sand People with my Jedi Consular Kylo Ren, Bastilla Shan, and Canderous Ordo. The game is the best thing ever.
It is apparent the Poe Dameron was also on the Endar Spire and is now searching the UnderCity of Taris for Bastila.

Playing on my Xbox 360. Forgot how much I enjoyed this game
MandoArms
Well Snoke has arms and legs...so no Snoke can not be Vader.
MandoArms
Ouch right in the feels! Also might explain why Chewie avoided Leia when he returned.

***Link contains spoilers****
http://jkagear.com/chewbacca-fan-theory-from-the-force-awakens-that-will-explain-many-things/
Simplebay
AG
quote:
Did the Snoke hologram actually flicker out, or was it more of a dissolve away kind of thing? I can't remember. Is there any way that was actually a Force ghost?

100% flickered. Not a force ghost.
Ag Since 83
AG
The one reason why I refuse to believe he's either Vader or Palpatine is I don't think Kennedy/Abrams/etc. would want to **** on the ending of RotJ like that. Even if they go with the evil Force ghost route, it still kind of cheapens the finality of RotJ a bit
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Surely not... right???

LOL... yeah, I actually thought about this not long ago. Thought that the scar on top of the head was very similar to Vader in ROTJ. I thought about it... thought about it some more... and then dismissed it. There are so many questions to answer if that were somehow Vader. The fact that Vader became a Hayden Christensen force ghost pretty much rules that out.

And yes, I completely agree that Snoke was 100% a hologram, just like the Emperor was in Empire (a large ominous figure in hologram form). But I can't help but wonder about the similarity. Was this literally on purpose to mess with us, or our filmmakers that caught up in so many details (details that most of us can't even fathom) that stuff like this goes completely unnoticed & are unintentional coincidences... it's just that nothing gets past the fanboys!?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Ken Burns Star Wars

http://wapo.st/1mczNxe
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All the IMAX posters in one.

TCTTS
AG
Interesting...

quote:
As for when its box office might slow down, Disney has an ace up its sleeve - the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Some have speculated that the studio could lure fans back into another viewing if the trailer is exclusively attached to The Force Awakens, but we'll see how long the studio chooses to wait on promoting their next Star Wars movie.

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-us-box-office-record
wangus12
AG
Well if they really twist my arm.....
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Well if they really twist my arm.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now they're just showing off.
dave94
AG
quote:
Interesting...

quote:
As for when its box office might slow down, Disney has an ace up its sleeve - the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Some have speculated that the studio could lure fans back into another viewing if the trailer is exclusively attached to The Force Awakens, but we'll see how long the studio chooses to wait on promoting their next Star Wars movie.

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-us-box-office-record

IN!!!
BryanAggie2013
AG
m.imgur.com/gallery/TjXWG
Ganondorf
AG

I think this is in the past. The Knights of Ren sounds like the Death Eaters and is just what the teenage dark siders called themselves. I've only seen the movie once but I believe the lightsaber scene was all flashbacks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great stuff in there.
512Ag
AG
quote:
......flame away, I'm sure it's already been talked about.....but I'm just gonna leave this here....

I noticed the similarity after seeing it a second time. Could be a dark side force ghost. Vader can do all things through the Force, which strengthens him.
512Ag
AG
I told my wife I'd get this tattooed on myself. She rejected the idea. Fair enough, but I still love this image.

https://instagr.am/p/_e1wqaHXNA
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I told my wife I'd get this tattooed on myself. She rejected the idea. Fair enough, but I still love this image.

https://instagr.am/p/_e1wqaHXNA
thats weird....however if you got it tattooed on her....well that might work....give you something to ummmmm "concentrate" on.
512Ag
AG
I'll offer that idea up for debate this evening.
redline248
AG
Haha, enjoy the couch!
boogieman
AG
quote:
All the IMAX posters in one.

I'll have all 4. I'm looking to do something neat with them all and frame it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I went to opening night at an AMC IMAX and we didn't get ****e.

I'm a little pissed that people that went on Sunday got the poster.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Want to document this.

TCTTS
AG
Ha, that's insane. And also kind of embarrassing.
SF2004
AG
quote:
Ha, that's insane. And also kind of embarrassing.
I used to be "embarrassed" about Star Wars and other nerdy things in my youth.

Now I own the **** out of it... yes I like star wars, yes I play video games, yes I like super heroes, yes I have batman underwear. Your Point?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Right on.
First Page Last Page
Page 347 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.