Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,471 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I was just thinking about the prequels, and the idea came to me that you could probably remake the prequel trilogy almost plot point by plot point with minor alterations as star trek movies and they might actually be pretty good.

No those stories were fatally flawed.

Vader entire story could have been boiled down to a single movie. There was nothing worth saving in the fist two movies.

MandoArms
ROGUE ONE interview.

http://movieweb.com/rogue-one-star-wars-ben-mendelsohn/
TCTTS
AG
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/star-wars-the-force-awakens-luke-skywalker-location
OnlyForNow
AG
The whole Jar-Jar sith lord theory someone made a you tube about is actually crazy with the references they include.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That reminds me. I went to Barnes and Noble over the weekend and looked through most of the Art of TFA book. There is some amazing artwork in there. Really interesting to see how the movie evolved.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Rouge One is going to be about the pilots who steal the Death Star plans just prior to A New Hope.
The idea of seeing X-Wing space battles again with present day technology gets me harder than Aniston's nipples on the set of Friends.

It's been said that Felicity Jones character is going to be a rebel soldier, but pilot is something that we as fans have been assuming given the title of the movie.

I don't know if we will see space battles in the film. All the concept art that we saw from celebration seemed to be planet based. I would love to see some space battles, but I think we will probably get something closer to WW2 beach landings with x-wings providing support like at the end of Saving Private Ryan. Just my two cents on the end there.

I remember that one of the set photos had what looked to be a downed ship, but not necessarily an x-wing.
AliasMan02
AG
New Topic!

Well, a little old, but let's speculate as to who Del Toro is playing.

My guess is Snoke is angry at Ren and had brought forward another Dark Sider to act as Kylo's rival. Am alternative is he could play a Talon Karrde style criminal lord who gets wrapped up in the plight of Finn and Poe as they are on the run from Phasma, which I assume will be central to the plot.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
There was nothing worth saving in the fist two movies.

Clearly, you don't like sand.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

quote:

It's course and gets everywhere
Farmer1906
AG
More interesting story line for VIII?

Rey training to be a jedi with Luke
or
Phasma going after Fin with Poe tagging along.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:

quote:

It's course and gets everywhere
I was watching with a girlfriend who hadn't seen it before and when he said "I don't like sand" she said "I know it gets everywhere!!" and then he said it too she cheered with glee.
7nine
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
New Topic!

Well, a little old, but let's speculate as to who Del Toro is playing.

My guess is Snoke is angry at Ren and had brought forward another Dark Sider to act as Kylo's rival. Am alternative is he could play a Talon Karrde style criminal lord who gets wrapped up in the plight of Finn and Poe as they are on the run from Phasma, which I assume will be central to the plot.
The cast is still very front loaded. I think Han dying had a lot to do with the practicality of Luke coming into a lead role in Ep VIII and there simply isn't enough screen time for them all. Thrown in Snoke most likely having some non hologram screentime and there isn't much room for Del Toro to make a big splash.

So long story short, he very well could play a Phasma type role of somebody who plays into the Finn/Poe storyline while Kylo & Rey are getting their Jedi/Sith training.
MandoArms
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rouge One is going to be about the pilots who steal the Death Star plans just prior to A New Hope.
The idea of seeing X-Wing space battles again with present day technology gets me harder than Aniston's nipples on the set of Friends.

It's been said that Felicity Jones character is going to be a rebel soldier, but pilot is something that we as fans have been assuming given the title of the movie.

I don't know if we will see space battles in the film. All the concept art that we saw from celebration seemed to be planet based. I would love to see some space battles, but I think we will probably get something closer to WW2 beach landings with x-wings providing support like at the end of Saving Private Ryan. Just my two cents on the end there.

I remember that one of the set photos had what looked to be a downed ship, but not necessarily an x-wing.
I am thinking there will be at least one space battle in the film. In the opening crawl of ANH it states, "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet."

I just hope it ends with Felicity Jones arriving on a certain Corellian Corvette to deliver the plans.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

or

Rey training would be too much like empire. Er...sorry it would rhyme too precisely with empire.

Phasma needs to do something to justify her existence
OnlyForNow
AG
They have to fly to get to the ship with the death star plans, so someone is a pilot...

Although is does say spies. Might be that they infiltrated the Empire and worked there for a while, then the battle is the cover under which they flee.

The movie could be about their requirement into Rouge Squad, then joining up with the Empire, then the actual spy tactics (Mission Impossible meets Star Wars) while on the ship or planet where the plans are kept.

Then the big space battle to let them escape. Two of the spies fall in love and one of them gets killed in the ensuing fight to escape.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
TCCTS want to make my movie? I'll need a screen writer...

All I want is 0.50% of ticket sales, a high back chair with my name on it, and a producer credit.
jabberwalkie09
AG
He still has to write that Kenobi film we were kicking around after TFA.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

or

Rey training would be too much like empire. Er...sorry it would rhyme too precisely with empire.

Phasma hunting Finn on the run with Poe's help they escape an ice planet just as the FO is attacking....meanwhile Rey training with Luke her father perhaps on some swamp world.

Rey finds out Finn is in trouble and leaves training early (ala Luke) to help. She has a showdown with Phasma.

Phasma is about to kill Rey and Luke intervene's and nearly kills Phasma....until it is revealed that Phasma (helmet off) is Rey's mother taken by the FO and programmed/mind erased.

Luke helps her remember and they all escape aboard the MF narrowly with the FO on their heels to cloud city.....where Lando greets them but they are taken in custody, BB-8 is dismantled accidentally and Chewie is enraged.

Lando promises to help them but at the last second he flips the tables and turns them over to Kylo Ren. Finn is frozen in carbonite and given to Boba Fett to hold for ransom only Lando finds out Finn is his long lost son and frees Rey who has a showdown with Kylo Ren. In a reversal of fortune Rey cuts off one of Kyle Rens hands. Kylo flees and Rey vows to complete her training and hunt down whoever has Finn.

(just trying to resuse as much of ESB as i can ....like TFA reused ANH...but with a few wrinkles)

Duncan Idaho
The is more poetic than Shakespeare
OnlyForNow
AG
During Maz's discussion of Finn's eyes I thought both times, Finn is Lando's son.

I will not be surprised if that turns out to be the case.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
During Maz's discussion of Finn's eyes I thought both times, Finn is Lando's son.

YOU MEAN BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH BLACK? THAT'S ORIGINAL, GREAT JOB!
OnlyForNow
AG
I hope you're joking...

But no, Maz say's to Finn you have the eyes of someone running away from something; I'm pretty sure that Han says something to Lando about him running away as well.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I hope you're joking...

But no, Maz say's to Finn you have the eyes of someone running away from something; I'm pretty sure that Han says something to Lando about him running away as well.
I was really hoping you were the one who was joking. People have been saying Finn was Lando's son since the day John Boyega was cast 2-1/2 years ago.

Han doesn't say anything to Lando about him running away.
Farmer1906
AG

OnlyForNow
AG
??
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

or

Phasma was created for Ep VIII at the request of Rian Johnson.
The Collective
AG
Finn Windu.
AliasMan02
AG
Another question is how many years ahead will it jump? 2 or 3? Or will it break stride and pick up mere months after TFA?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Finn is in any way related to Lando I will post nudes of myself on this thread.
The Collective
AG
quote:
If Finn is in any way related to Lando I will post nudes of myself on this thread.

While this would be funny, I want to be clear that I in no way want this to occur.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

MandoArms
Yea I can see that. I hope they use this movie to set up why the Rebel Alliance only had a handful of fighters to commit during the Battle of Yavin. It would be awesome to see a huge space battle that only a handful of fighters survive.

I'm also interested if some of the characters in the new Canon make an appearance. Cham from Lords of the Sith should play a role in the movie.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

YOU MEAN BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH BLACK? THAT'S ORIGINAL, GREAT JOB!

/Redstone
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Another question is how many years ahead will it jump? 2 or 3? Or will it break stride and pick up mere months after TFA?
My gut says a few months to a year, but I'd really like close to five years having passed. I'd also like Chewie to have some grey in his fur. Per Wookieepedia, he was born 200 BBY.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chewbacca

Chewie has seen some **** in his lifetime.
First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.