Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,027 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Stormtrooper that hit his head on the door frame in ANH. Pretty much summarizes why none of the Stormtroopers were any good at their jobs.
Lol, funny you mention that. In the last episode of Rebels (Stealth Strike) Rex made a comment about not being able to hit anything well because of the helmet. Here's his solution:

So is it canon that stormtroopers were at one time clones?

Also, are we counting Maul as a supporting character?

Some stormtroopers were holdovers, but no new clones were created by the Empire.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maul is a supporting character for sure. 1 movie and what, 5 lines?

The Jedi Padawan, portrayed by Lucas' son Jett by the way, is seen when Bail Organa lands at the Jedi Temple and is told that it's closed for business. Jett appears, fights his way past several clones, then gets lit up and dies, leading Organa to make like his first name, and bail.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honorable Mention:

Reason: Just look at him.

Reason: I like the way his scrotum neck wiggles/deflates when he talks.

Reason: Any explanation required?

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Unless it's by Wingmen? Rogue 1-2 would be wingman and number doesn't necessarily denote order of command?
That's kind of the problem in that it's never explained in canon AFAIK. The assumption is that Rogue 1 would denote the leader of the squadron as they are flight call signs and not individual/personal call signs that are usually earned because you look weird, did something stupid, or because of pure irony (check this link out to see what I mean about individual call signs). So I've always took it to be that Rogue 1 is Rogue Leader, then Rogue 2, etc.

In ANH when they are told to report in, I don't think all numbers are reported back in for Red Squadron either as they skip some numbers and are reporting actually out of order. But despite that, Wedge responds as Red 2, and no Red 1 call sign was ever given. So I think it's fairly safe to assume that the [squadron name] leader call sign is equivalent to [squadron name] 1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought about including Mace Windu, but honestly, as great as the character is, it's mostly in "theory", or in Clone Wars and other material. In the movies, he never really did much for me. He's kind of bland. You always hear about how great a Jedi he is, how highly respected he is among the Jedi Order, that sort of thing. But you never really see him do much, other than killing Jango (which was pretty awesome), and then the fight with Palps.

Now, again, the fight with Palps is great in "theory". You're seeing the baddest of all the Jedi going up against the greatest Sith Lord of all time, and yet, I've never enjoyed it much. (On film.)

When I read the novelization of it, I was blown away by how much better it could've been. But fact is, SLJ and McDiarmid just aren't great fighters, and it was clear in the movie. Most of the good stuff was done by doubles or CGI.

That character feels like such a wasted opportunity to me.
Simplebay
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For what? Cowboys vs. Jets?

Couple days late, homie.
Simplebay
AG
true dat.
The Collective
AG
Was Palps sandbagging big time or was Mace really about to end it all?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/star-wars-strikes-back-behind-the-scenes-of-the-biggest-movie-of-the-year-20151202
jeffk
AG
Nien Nunb is the only correct answer to this one.

jr15aggie
AG

So what the heck... is the Falcon just parked on Jakku for no apparent reason... just sitting there for Rey & Finn to steal because the "quad jumpa" got blown up? This is probably the most puzzling part of what little we know about the plot!
wangus12
AG

The Padawan scene is around the 2 minute mark.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

So what the heck... is the Falcon just parked on Jakku for no apparent reason... just sitting there for Rey & Finn to steal because the "quad jumpa" got blown up? This is probably the most puzzling part of what little we know about the plot!
That's basically what's been rumored for months. Pretty lame, if true.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
I have almost no faith in them finding a worthy replacement, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/who-will-play-han-solo-844956
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From the article, this sounds baller as hell. (***Slight spoiler about the big "superweapon"***)

quote:
Back at Bad Robot, I am permitted to watch Abrams editing the movie for precisely 20 minutes. That adds up to maybe a minute or two of actual footage. So I can confirm that there is a space battle in the film, featuring X-Wings and TIE fighters and something like a Death Star. There is a lightsaber duel, where Kylo Ren is unmasked, revealing an intense-looking, unscarred Driver. There is a weapon that the filmmakers, at least, refer to as a "Sunsucker." I see a churning energy device on the ground of a planet that sends a massive, lavalike beam upward -- Sunsucker or not, it looks scary.
TCTTS
AG
Haven' read this yet - I plan to this afternoon - but people are saying it's a fantastic article...

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/star-wars-strikes-back-behind-the-scenes-of-the-biggest-movie-of-the-year-20151202

TCTTS
AG
Damn it, missed your post, Brian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No worries, only about halfway done with it myself. It's a fantastic read.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
From the article, this sounds baller as hell. (***Slight spoiler about the big "superweapon"***)
I guess we will have to wait and see how that turns out, but personally I find the prospect of Kylo sitting and talking to or communing with a burned up Darth Vader helmet to be creepy as hell.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
he could have been stalling to get Anakin to turn the corner and kill mace, thus making his turn to the dark side, complete.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
he could have been stalling to get Anakin to turn the corner and kill mace, thus making his turn to the dark side, complete.
TCTTS
AG
Great interview with Ridley and Boyega, hearing them talk about recently seeing the movie for the first time...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-john-boyega-shrek-845074
TCTTS
AG
^ Pretty interesting there at the end of the interview when Ridley says she's starting school in January and Boyega obviously wants to ask, "Are you not going to be there?" (referring to the set of Episode VIII, which starts shooting in Jan/Feb.). Ridley then follows up, "I'll be there sometimes." Hmmm...
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
^ Pretty interesting there at the end of the interview when Ridley says she's starting school in January and Boyega obviously wants to ask, "Are you not going to be there?" ("there" referring to the Episode VIII set, which starts shooting in Jan/Feb.). Ridley then follows up, "I'll be there sometimes." Hmmm...
FORCE GHOST?!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
I guess we will have to wait and see how that turns out, but personally I find the prospect of Kylo sitting and talking to or communing with a burned up Darth Vader helmet to be creepy as hell.
I keep wondering what he did with Vaders head (which was inside the mask). Just pretend the skull and everything completely burned away in that make shift bonfire, but the mask survived... it's better that way!
TCTTS
AG
Ha, that would be hilarious.

Seriously, though, his reaction basically confirms that they both live. I'm betting Finn and Rey are on very different paths in Episode VIII, and that they won't share a lot of screen time. And maybe Ridley will film more of her stuff next summer, after the semester?

Crazy how much can be gleaned from that exchange.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Ha, that would be hilarious.

Seriously, though, his reaction basically confirms that they both live. I'm betting Finn and Rey are on very different paths in Episode VIII, and that they won't share a lot of screen time.

Crazy how much can be gleaned from that exchange.
I mean, I'm 100% guessing that Rey probably meets up with Luke at or near the end of VII and is being trained by him away from the rest of the galaxy throughout a significant portion of VIII a la Yoda and Luke in V.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, how crazy would it be to star in a Star Wars movie, and then start college a month later?
TCTTS
AG
I wouldn't bet against that.
Malachi Constant
AG
Yeah it was in the movie but only very brief. Anakin/Vader was wrecking shop at the Jedi conclave chopping up some younglings

In the landing strip where Bail Organa came out there was a teenager Padawan that jumped out and tried to stop him and Vader killed him too.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Btw, how crazy would it be to star in a Star Wars movie, and then start college a month later?
I believe Emma Watson attended Harvard during her Harry Potter days. I read somewhere that when she would answer a question in class, people would yell out "10 points to Gryffendor!"

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Yeah it was in the movie but only very brief. Anakin/Vader was wrecking shop at the Jedi conclave chopping up some younglings

In the landing strip where Bail Organa came out there was a teenager Padawan that jumped out and tried to stop him and Vader killed him too.
not Vader, just clones
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
I believe Emma Watson attended Harvard during her Harry Potter days. I read somewhere that when she would answer a question in class, people would yell out "10 points to Gryffendor!"

It was Brown, but yeah.
First Page Last Page
Page 282 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.