Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,561 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's fan made, right?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
That's fan made, right?
Yes.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
That trailer makes you think Rey is shooting at Kylo. But it could still be editing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spot the differences.

Weird enough to make Finn smaller, but why remove Chewie?
AggieSouth06
Playing up the importance of cute robots. Playing down the importance of minorities.

#asia
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Spot the differences.

Weird enough to make Finn smaller, but why remove Chewie?
He gone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speaking of China. From a mall in Shanghai:

Why don't we get all this cool ****?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Well.... because first you'd have to get permits to build this. Then you'd have to make sure and comply with all the "green" building requirements that are enforced by said mall and/or municipality. Then you'd have to find a labor force that is not too expensive, but also happens to have all OSHA and HUB certifications (because you want the project to be safe, but also fully representative of minorities that are historically underutilized).

Short answer... Liberals... that's why we don't get all this cool stuff!

AggieSouth06
Because the Chinese market for American movies is a bigger driver for American studios than the American market for American movies.

And it's already ruining the industry.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

Well.... because first you'd have to get permits to build this. Then you'd have to make sure and comply with all the "green" building requirements that are enforced by said mall and/or municipality. Then you'd have to find a labor force that is not too expensive, but also happens to have all OSHA and HUB certifications (because you want the project to be safe, but also fully representative of minorities that are historically underutilized).

Short answer... Liberals... that's why we don't get all this cool stuff!

Or the crazies in Texas would see it, panic, and shoot the Stormtroopers
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This whole thing.

Legal Custodian
AG
It's not a doll! It's an action figure!!!1!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
15 DAYS, PEOPLE.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Muck, where are you? I'm waiting on today's top 3 question.
Texaggie7nine
Or in China they cant inforce trademark law so any business can put up star wars crap???
7nine
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
sorry had to "work".

today's top 3 - your favorite 3 supporting characters from the movies. THE MOVIES. That means anyone not named: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Yoda, Vader, Palps, Lando, Anakin (smirk), Obi-Wan, Padme, Qui-Gon, or sigh, Jar Jar.

They can be talkers, they can be people in the background that looked cool, they can be groups (Jawas, Stormtroopers, etc.) Just 3 - and reasons if you have them.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Wedge Antilles
Grand Moff Tarkin
Boba Fett
Malachi Constant
AG
The teenage Padawan that tried to protect the citadel from Darth Vader while he was busy killing younglings
AgMarauder04
AG
1. Wedge- because he's the only minor character to appear in all 3 of the OT and is a badass

2. TK-421- because he's the reason Han and Luke could rescue Leia.

3. Mace Windu- Samuel Jackson. I don't need another reason.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wedge- Because I want to see a Rogue Squadron film.
Bren Derlin- The guy from Hoth, mostly because he was played by John Ratzinger (spelling?). Cheers on Hoth anyone?
Admiral Piett- Because he's the only named Imperial outside of the main cast who went on to appear in another film.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Jek Porkins

AcctAg11
AG
The Stormtrooper that hit his head on the door frame in ANH. Pretty much summarizes why none of the Stormtroopers were any good at their jobs.
jr15aggie
AG

Wedge - "Copy Gold leader... I'm already on my way out!"

Rogue 2 - "I've found them, repeat, I've found them!"

Salacious B. Crumb: "wogadaga, eh, he.. jubuglabida!!"

AgMarauder04
AG
Wedge IS Rogue 2....
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Wedge IS Rogue 2....

Nope. That's Zev Senesca.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That's not Wedge in that particular time using the call sign Rogue 2. I know Wedge was played by two different actors, but the pilot that spotted Han and Luke was Zev Senesca.
[url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zev_Senesca/Canon][/url]
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The Stormtrooper that hit his head on the door frame in ANH. Pretty much summarizes why none of the Stormtroopers were any good at their jobs.
Lol, funny you mention that. In the last episode of Rebels (Stealth Strike) Rex made a comment about not being able to hit anything well because of the helmet. Here's his solution:
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Like Marauder said, that's not Wedge. I know Wedge was played by two different actors, but the pilot that spotted Han and Luke was Zev Senesca.
Ah, I stand corrected. I always thought it was Wedge.
The Collective
AG
Waiting to see if Sebulba makes Brian's list.

wangus12
AG
quote:
The teenage Padawan that tried to protect the citadel from Darth Vader while he was busy killing younglings
I actually thought about this one.

1. Mace Windu
2. Darth Maul
3. Jedi Padawan
jabberwalkie09
AG
Much like Republic military rank during the Clone Wars, how they decide who uses what call sign doesn't make sense to me IMO. I mean, I would have thought that unless Luke was confirmed to be dead that Wedge would have been Rogue 2 and Zev would have been further down the line. Who knows why they made him Rogue 2 in ESB.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Much like Republic military rank during the Clone Wars, how they decide who uses what call sign doesn't make sense to me IMO. I mean, I would have thought that unless Luke was confirmed to be dead that Wedge would have been Rogue 2 and Zev would have been further down the line. Who knows why they made him Rogue 2 in ESB.
Unless it's by Wingmen? Rogue 1-2 would be wingman and number doesn't necessarily denote order of command?
HeadGames
AG
quote:
quote:
I actually thought about this one.

1. Mace Windu
2. Darth Maul
3. Jedi Padawan

I don't remember this Padawan in the movie. Is it in the movie? Gotta forgive me, episode I-III was so bad for me that I may have only seen them on spike tv once since I saw them in the theater.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Lol, funny you mention that. In the last episode of Rebels (Stealth Strike) Rex made a comment about not being able to hit anything well because of the helmet. Here's his solution:

So is it canon that stormtroopers were at one time clones?

Also, are we counting Maul as a supporting character?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Like Marauder said, that's not Wedge. I know Wedge was played by two different actors, but the pilot that spotted Han and Luke was Zev Senesca.
Ah, I stand corrected. I always thought it was Wedge.
Definitely different people... After Wedge showed him a fancy trick using some rope, Rogue 2 was all "aww tight... OK OK, my turn... AAAHHHHH!!!!" *blows up*
First Page Last Page
Page 281 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.