Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,319 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by TCTTS
HeadGames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ah, forgot about that part. Thanks for the clarifications, and to the individual who posted the video.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
From the article, this sounds baller as hell. (***Slight spoiler about the big "superweapon"***)
I guess we will have to wait and see how that turns out, but personally I find the prospect of Kylo sitting and talking to or communing with a burned up Darth Vader helmet to be creepy as hell.
I keep wondering what he did with Vaders head (which was inside the mask). Just pretend the skull and everything completely burned away in that make shift bonfire, but the mask survived... it's better that way!
Kylo is going to pick the helmet up to talk to it and the skull will fall out and roll around on the floor. Kylo will then try and pick it up but instead kick it... hilarity will ensue.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Kylo Ren: "You're awfully quiet today."

Vader's Helmet: "...."

Kylo Ren: "Hey, we've got Starkiller base online, we blew up a whole solar system, it was pretty boss."

Kylo Ren: "I told General Hux I didn't like him talking about me like I'm not there to Supreme Leader Snoke like you suggested. He wasn't cool about it, but I think I got my point across."

Kylo Ren: "Hey what's wrong with you? Is this about me forgetting to take you out of the box when we flew by Tatooine on Boonta Eve? Cuz, like, I was going to, but some of the other Rens and I were talking about that time we totally freaked Admiral Ackbar out by putting a bag of Bantha poodoo in front of his house and lighting it on fire, and the time just got away from me."

Kylo Ren: "Well, I've got a LIFE to live here, you know. I just can't sit around talking to a helmet of a dead Sith Lord all day! Some of the First Order officers noticed us at dinner the other night and now they're calling me Shylo Ren, like I don't have the guts to hang out with real people. It totally hurt my feelings."

Kylo Ren: "Wait, don't look at me like that. I'm just ... I'm just having a hard time lately, I can't find your lightsaber for 20 years and then some chick out in the middle of the desert turns up with it? And don't get me started about the stormtrooper defecting. None of those guys can hit the side of a Ronto from 10 paces with the armor on, he takes his off and suddenly he's blowing up TIE fighters from a quad cannon of a YT-1300! What the hell!!!:

Kylo Ren: "No, I don't know what their midichlorian scores are, we don't do those tests anymore, it seemed kinda dumb in the first place and totally without merit."

Kylo Ren: "YES, I KNOW. 20,000, more than Master Yoda, you've told me like 500 times. And what did it get you? Dead by, what 48 years old? Daughter hates you, son whines about everything, Wife dead, mother dead, and your only actual accomplishment is building a protocol droid and killing an old man after he spent 20 years in the desert."

Kylo Ren: "I'm sorry, there's just a lot of stress right now at work. Don't look away. We'll spend some time together soon, maybe just the two of us out on the Moons of Iago, just let me take care of these idiots from the Resistance. I promise I won't keep putting work in front of you."

wangus12
AG
Can't believe we have come from here:

To Here:

It seems to have flown by and at the same time dragged along.
wangus12
AG
quote:

Kylo Ren: "Hey, we've got Starkiller base online, we blew up a whole solar system, it was pretty boss."

Kylo Ren: "I told General Hux I didn't like him talking about me like I'm not there to Supreme Leader Snoke like you suggested. He wasn't cool about it, but I think I got my point across."

Kylo Ren: "Hey what's wrong with you? Is this about me forgetting to take you out of the box when we flew by Tatooine on Boonta Eve? Cuz, like, I was going to, but some of the other Rens and I were talking about that time we totally freaked Admiral Ackbar out by putting a bag of Bantha poodoo in front of his house and lighting it on fire, and the time just got away from me."

Kylo Ren: "Well, I've got a LIFE to live here, you know. I just can't sit around talking to a helmet of a dead Sith Lord all day! Some of the First Order officers noticed us at dinner the other night and now they're calling me Shylo Ren, like I don't have the guts to hang out with real people. It totally hurt my feelings."

Kylo Ren: "Wait, don't look at me like that. I'm just ... I'm just having a hard time lately, I can't find your lightsaber for 20 years and then some chick out in the middle of the desert turns up with it? And don't get me started about the stormtrooper defecting. None of those guys can hit the side of a Ronto from 10 paces with the armor on, he takes his off and suddenly he's blowing up TIE fighters from a quad cannon of a YT-1300! What the hell!!!:

Kylo Ren: "No, I don't know what their midichlorian scores are, we don't do those tests anymore, it seemed kinda dumb in the first place and totally without merit."

Kylo Ren: "YES, I KNOW. 20,000, more than Master Yoda, you've told me like 500 times. And what did it get you? Dead by, what 48 years old? Daughter hates you, son whines about everything, Wife dead, mother dead, and your only actual accomplishment is building a protocol droid and killing an old man after he spent 20 years in the desert."

Kylo Ren: "I'm sorry, there's just a lot of stress right now at work. Don't look away. We'll spend some time together soon, maybe just the two of us out on the Moons of Iago, just let me take care of these idiots from the Resistance. I promise I won't keep putting work in front of you."

I'm sorry. This is the Post of the Thread in my book. We can all just quit now.
vwbug
Rolling Stone article is tremendous, one of my predictions is very briefly hinted at in the article. Can't wait to see the movie.
GCRanger
AG
That RS article is a great read. I'm so pumped for this. Hopefully the wife and I will get to see it over the Christmas break if we can get babysitters.
Simplebay
AG
question....

what if...the Millennium Falcon gets destroyed in this film? has anyone mentioned that idea in the 123412321 pages of this thread?
TCTTS
AG
It doesn't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You shut your damn mouth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Adam Driver on Fallon tonight.
MandoArms
Finally got tickets for opening night, can't wait!
wangus12
AG
http://i.imgur.com/GAy4xf0.webm
Mr. White
quote:
It doesn't.

WTF???!!!!
The Collective
AG
Damn, Fallon's show sucks...
Sex Panther
AG
Here you go...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sex Panther
AG
Whatever Sky Movies is, that was awesome
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My 3 favorite supporting characters -

1) Admiral Ackbar - not so much for his really famous line more so for his best line "May the Force be with us" and the look of wonder/amazement he gives when the SSD crashes into the Death Str.

2) Jabba the Hutt - an absolute marvel of puppeteering, something that the prequels should have considered instead of CGI everything. I love that they briefly mention him in ANH and ESB but you would have no idea WTF he was when he shows up in ROTJ. The first third of ROTJ is so out there compared to the plot building of ESB, but it's fantastic cinema, and you can't fault the guy's taste in female fashion.

3) Imperial TIE pilots - first time I saw that black flight suit / armor, I was in love. And these guys get to roll with Vader as his wingmen, you know they must be awesome.
HeadGames
AG
General Veers

Wedge

Admiral Piett

I hope they introduce an imperial version of wedge. I feel like that's what has been missing from the Star Wars movies. A red Barron type.
mazag08
AG
Wow that article was a waste of time.
txagman1998
AG
quote:
1) Admiral Ackbar - not so much for his really famous line more so for his best line "May the Force be with us" and the look of wonder/amazement he gives when the SSD crashes into the Death Str.

I have always interpreted that look as one of solemn satisfaction that the SSD had been destroyed due to the self sacrifice of a rebellion pilot.
Mr. White
quote:
quote:

I have always interpreted that look as one of solemn satisfaction that the SSD had been destroyed due to the self sacrifice of a rebellion pilot.

Me too
birdman
Coworker has idea that Rey is daughter of Wedge Antilles.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
and why would this and possibly the next 2 movies center around the daughter of a very minor character that only star wars nerds know about?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
and why would this and possibly the next 2 movies center around the daughter of a very minor character that only star wars nerds know about?
Haven't we heard multiple times this story, as the entire series, is the story of the Skywalker family?
MandoArms
If Rey is not a Skywalker I would think she would be Palpatine's kid.

Maybe Luke found out about her and hid her from him then went in to hiding like Obi Wan.

I mean he can relate to being a child of a Sith...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm sorry. This is the Post of the Thread in my book. We can all just quit now.
no, it's not...not even close....
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

Maybe Luke found out about her and hid her from him then went in to hiding like Obi Wan.

Palpatine died 30 years earlier and Rey is about 20. Maybe, Palpatine found a way to live forever, from a different point of view... he figured out how to keep his baby batter alive for 10 years.
MandoArms
quote:
quote:

Palpatine died 30 years earlier and Rey is about 20. Maybe, Palpatine found a way to live forever, from a different point of view... he figured out how to keep his baby batter alive for 10 years.
Grandkid?

And Finn is Mace Windu's grandson....or possibly a clone of Mace.

My two totally crazy theories for the day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Wow that article was a waste of time.
Say what? If you have even the mildest interest in the world of Star Wars or of moviemaking in general, you'd find it at least a bit interesting.

I thought it was one of the better SW articles in the past few months.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Grandkid?

And Finn is Mace Windu's grandson....or possibly a clone of Mace.

My two totally crazy theories for the day.

I don't think you'll get a single tangible reference to the prequels. Some PT aliens will likely show up, but that's about it.
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:
Was Palps sandbagging big time or was Mace really about to end it all?
he could have been stalling to get Anakin to turn the corner and kill mace, thus making his turn to the dark side, complete.

I suppose that is what I've always accepted, but I wonder if Mace was really powerful enough to take him out.
Duncan Idaho
Mace was a little biatch
First Page Last Page
Page 283 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.