Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,691 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hearing 7 pm PT / 10 pm ET as the official time tickets go on sale.
Knife_Party
As many of the things the poster confirmed, it appears that what Rey's staff is/does is one secret they're leaving for the movie.
Duncan Idaho
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73437

The ticket premium content options are interesting
jr15aggie
AG
Thoughts from poster:

• Pretty much confirms Luke's presence will be minimal in this film (as most have thought for a long time now).
  • Reys staff... 99.9% confident (personal feeling) that it's not just a staff!
  • Deathstar...err... Deathplanet... I will allow it!
  • Carrie Ficher... photoshop is her friend... so hot!
  • Kylo Ren - Instant badass!
  • Lens Flare Confirmed
jr15aggie
AG

double aught
AG
I'm very likely late to the party, but is Kenny Baker not in the film?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I know it's only one bootlegged shot, but Oscar Isaac looks like a straight up classic adventure hero right there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Every new movie shot is like pure gold. And they all look so good. If this movie blows they will have done the best possible job raising our expectations as high as possible so that it hurts more in the end!

And to the question above, no Kenny Baker is not in this. He and Anthony Daniels don't like each other! Daniels appears to be quite the loudmouth! I personally don't really care.
jr15aggie
AG
Now that we are so close to trailer drop, it feels bittersweet. Trailer is gonna be awesome... Also gonna pretty much be the last thing we get till December!

I'm pretty sure all the TV commercials we see between now and then will be a new mix of shots we've already seen.

Hype won't get any higher than what we feel tomorrow night!
Ag Since 83
AG
If this movie is half as good at the marketing materials have been...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's the teaser for the trailer in HD:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think that Finn shot is him getting to the rebel base and being kinda holy sheeet, since he's been a stormtrooper the whole time.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So Awesome!

Knife_Party
I'm going to go ahead and preemptively say so long to this thread and everyone. I won't be back after the trailer tomorrow night in order to stay as pure as I can going forward. So long and may the force be with y'all!

Felt super nerdy typing that btw.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I'm very likely late to the party, but is Kenny Baker not in the film?
I think the real reason is that Kenny Baker is 81 years old. Being stuffed in a tin can for hours at a time doesn't seem like something you'd do at age 81.

EDIT - nevermind, he's on the official IMDB page. weird
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm going to go ahead and preemptively say so long to this thread and everyone. I won't be back after the trailer tomorrow night in order to stay as pure as I can going forward. So long and may the force be with y'all!

Felt super nerdy typing that btw.

Good luck with that!
Ag Since 83
AG
Yeah, I wish I had the strength to quit this thread. I don't want to know anything more about the movie than I do right now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ben Mother****ing Burtt
TCTTS
AG
One more!

TCTTS
AG
^ At the very end of that clip it goes to slow-mo for a split second. And it's not normal footage slowed down for the teaser. Looks it's slow-mo in the actual movie. I know this is super nerdy/technical, but have we ever seen slow-mo in a Star Wars movie before?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea but I'm loving the cinematography in all of these clips.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think it's slowed down for the commercial.
Ag Since 83
AG
Agreed.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Damn, the shot of those Tie Fighters flying overhead.
TCTTS
AG
Film shot at 24 frames per second, when slowed down, has a choppy effect. That has no choppy effect whatsoever, telling me they planned for it.
jr15aggie
AG
So far the real sets feel so much better than the prequels. Little touches like Poe climbing down from his X-Wing and then putting his hand on the underbelly as he ducks underneath. All the while real extra run around in the background of a real place.

I'm not gonna lie, I was so hyped after every trailer for the prequel movies... But I also remember saying after seeing the first EP I trailer, "that doesn't even look like Star Wars". Every single thing I've seen so far looks and feels just like Star Wars. That's 50% of the battle right there. Will see how I feel after the trailer tomorrow.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm wondering what the resistance and first order really are? Based on the Aftermath book, the rebels were in full on rebuilding mode to bring back "the new republic". The Empire was on the run but still a threat. I wonder what happened to set all this in motion. Did the new Republic break apart before it got going? Did the new Republic become corrupted and the resistance is now fighting what it created?

So long as it has nothing to do with taxes I'm sure it will be interesting!
Mr. White
quote:
^ At the very end of that clip it goes to slow-mo for a split second. And it's not normal footage slowed down for the teaser. Looks it's slow-mo in the actual movie. I know this is super nerdy/technical, but have we ever seen slow-mo in a Star Wars movie before?

When the Dagobah Vader/Luke helmet rolled in front of Luke and showed Luke's face in it.
TCTTS
AG
Yes! Good call.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I'm wondering what the resistance and first order really are? Based on the Aftermath book, the rebels were in full on rebuilding mode to bring back "the new republic". The Empire was on the run but still a threat. I wonder what happened to set all this in motion. Did the new Republic break apart before it got going? Did the new Republic become corrupted and the resistance is now fighting what it created?

So long as it has nothing to do with taxes I'm sure it will be interesting!
I think somewhere in the new comics or something, Leia forms the Resistance because the New Republic de-arms also immediately, and she's too smart not to know that the Empire will return.
First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.