Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,787 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm wondering what the resistance and first order really are? Based on the Aftermath book, the rebels were in full on rebuilding mode to bring back "the new republic". The Empire was on the run but still a threat. I wonder what happened to set all this in motion. Did the new Republic break apart before it got going? Did the new Republic become corrupted and the resistance is now fighting what it created?

So long as it has nothing to do with taxes I'm sure it will be interesting!
I think somewhere in the new comics or something, Leia forms the Resistance because the New Republic de-arms also immediately, and she's too smart not to know that the Empire will return.

Makes sense and awesome. I definitely got the vibe from Afeltermath that the new Republic were softies and tried too hard to be opposite of the Empire. But the reality is people have to be ruled and there has to be a form of control. That will be perfect for EP VII!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seems like it's universally accepted that the "death star" on the poster is actually built on an ice planet, the planet we see in the teasers. Starkiller Base was built on the planet and the superweapon was carved into the damn planet.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI...

Seeing it officially presented like that makes me go back to thinking it'll be the Lucasfilm logo > the Bad Robot logo > then "A long time a ago in a galaxy far, far away..." to open the movie. We know there will be no Disney logo, but just the Lucasfilm logo has always felt too short.
TCTTS
AG
That's what I was thinking. It's been rumored forever that the weapon and the ice planet were one and the same, and this (basically) seems to confirm that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
And Battlefront's Playstation holiday trailer dropped today as well.

jabberwalkie09
AG

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
That's what I was thinking. It's been rumored forever that the weapon and the ice planet were one and the same, and this (basically) seems to confirm that.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starkiller-base

From the official Star Wars Site:

quote:
STARKILLER BASE
An ice planet converted into a stronghold of the First Order and armed with a fiercely destructive new weapon capable of destroying entire star systems.
AgMarauder04
AG
Texts from a friend who works for cinemark. Truth, or is the guy just being a giant whiner about the whole thing.

Disney is trying to make it hard (more than it should be) for ticket sellers for the sole purpose of saying they broke the servers

They're pushing the pre-sale hard and making it hard for the sellers to prepare for it

He said they've changed things weekly for them for the past few months to see if they can trip him up

Be says they're the only studio that does that

(end)

I don't see anything wrong with what Disney is doing. They're just trying to make a splash? Am I wrong?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
STARKILLER BASE
An ice planet converted into a stronghold of the First Order and armed with a fiercely destructive new weapon capable of destroying entire star systems.

Soooo...........they....... umm........ carved out like millions of square miles around the equator of a planet and made a big friggin gun!!!!????!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!

Don't think... just go with it man!!!!
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
STARKILLER BASE

Soooo...........they....... umm........ carved out like millions of square miles around the equator of a planet and made a big friggin gun!!!!????!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!

Man, that things gotta be a pain in the ass to aim.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a big assumption to make, although it does seem like they're making it awfully hard. Just give everyone an official time.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
It's a big assumption to make, although it does seem like they're making it awfully hard. Just give everyone an official time.

Yeah, but I feel like Disney isn't doing a to intentionally be dicks. They're just doing it to make a splash.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

ROFL!

"The rebel base will be in range in 21 hours"

Kylo: "Man, F&$% this orbit!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is an actual, official poster they put out.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

ROFL!

"Luke, you turned off your targeting computer, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, the hole is ****ing enormous this time."
jeffk
AG
Have to question why, with a whole galaxy at their disposal, the rebels keep building bases so close to slow-moving super-weapons.
Simplebay
AG
Interesting the poster wasn't made by Drew Struzan...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/20321/
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bio weapons? Dude, what series do you think this is? It's fantasy. Just go with it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The big weapon that can take out a star system hearkens back to Centerpoint Station from the EU, which first appeared in the god-awful Corellian Trilogy with Han's "identical cousin".

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Centerpoint_Station

I would advise against reading this whole article, it will hurt your face.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
More important is why does the Empire keep building stupid giant planet destroying weapons.

The amount of energy needed would be enormous, more than could be put out by any of these devices.\

Why not create bioweapons for which the Empire has a cure - can destroy the human/alien life allowing for quicker takeover and retention of all planetary assets.

Retards writing this series.

You're just one giant troll.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

ROFL!

"Luke, you turned off your targeting computer, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, the hole is ****ing enormous this time."

LOL, seriously.

Or Luke is like, " hey guys, there are exhaust ports everywhere! No no, don't fly down the trench, just line up with it way up high and go straight in... First one to hit buys the beers after!"
SUPAGGIE
quote:
LOVE the poster, but to be completely honest... these movies featuring yet another planet-sized/shaped weapon seems pretty uninspired. Really hope they have something unique/special in store with that thing.

I'm thinking that instead of it destroying planets, it destroys stars which destroys entire solar systems.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Bio weapons? Dude, what series do you think this is? It's fantasy. Just go with it.

Not only that, but how do you go about creating a bio weapon for all species? Besides, I'd rather watch planets being destroyed rather than outbreak.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's been confirmed that it's built to destroy "star systems." Still feels lazy, creatively, though. A super Death Star doesn't interest me at all. In the same way Kylo brilliantly seems to be a commentary on fanboy culture (and the obsession with past "relics"/pop culture), I'm hoping there's a good thematic hook for using a Death Star on steroids as well. Especially after years of complaints of Lucas already reusing the Death Star again as a device in ROTJ.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Yeah, it's been confirmed that it's built to destroy "star systems." Still feels lazy, creatively, though. A super Death Star doesn't interest me at all. In the same way Kylo brilliantly seems to be a commentary on fanboy culture (and the obsession with past "relics"/pop culture), I'm hoping there's a good thematic hook for using a Death Star on steroids as well. Especially after years of complaints of Lucas already reusing the Death Star again as a device in ROTJ.

Maybe it's a meta moment.

Or star wars poking fun at itself? OK. Again this time. Just BIGGER.
Simplebay
AG
Better?

jr15aggie
AG
Considering this thing is practically front and center on the poster it's obviously important. I agree it's a bit lazy if it's the key to the entire conflict, but it's hardly something I will care about when watching the movie (assuming I'm digging the movie).

Kylo: the ability to destroy a planet...
Phasma: actually it will take out the fracking sun and any planet orbiting it...
Kylo: OK that's pretty tight, but I still got this sword and last week learned how to choke people with my mind!
BigTimeAlum
AG
Sorry. I'm looking at the poster. Am I missing the star crusher super weapon?
Simplebay
AG
I want it to be the Resistance who has the super weapon. And Luke has to stop them. Or something. Can't make the First Order super all powerful again just like the Empire.

Also the device IS on the light side of the poster
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
STARKILLER BASE

They gotta cool down that big laser somehow!
TCTTS
AG
That would be a GREAT twist. And actually plays into a pretty substantial rumor concerning General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson's character).

Sh*t. I think I actually just figured out a major plot point. If true, for the first time since following this movie, I'm kind of disappointed I might know something this big. That said, it's pure speculation, I could be way off, and I definitely won't get into it here.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
And Battlefront's Playstation holiday trailer dropped today as well.

Sony does such a badass job with their commercials
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Today!
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I want it to be the Resistance who has the super weapon. And Luke has to stop them. Or something. Can't make the First Order super all powerful again just like the Empire.

Also the device IS on the light side of the poster
Yeah, but X-Wings, Isaa, BB-8 are on the dark, etc.
First Page Last Page
Page 203 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.