Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,286 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
MGS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How about the fact that 95% of the Rebellion's star fighter pilots were killed in the Battle of Yavin?
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

2 hrs 39 mins?!
TCTTS
AG
I think that's based on the latest rumor. Abrams himself said they had a 2-hour cut a few months ago. I seriously doubt he's added 40 more minutes in the meantime.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
How about the fact that 95% of the Rebellion's star fighter pilots were killed in the Battle of Yavin?
More like 95% of the pilots on Yavin IV. There were other pilots elsewhere.

Correct, this was established in the comics iirc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I think that's based on the latest rumor. Abrams himself said they had a 2-hour cut a few months ago. I seriously doubt he's added 40 more minutes in the meantime.
Last rumor I heard was 136 minutes.
Duncan Idaho
Does a 2:39 showtime mean the movie is 2:39 or does it mean that the movie plus the trailers plus the commercials add up to 2:39?
TCTTS
AG
Seems about right to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it's the rumored runtime of 136 minutes, plus 23 minutes of trailers, that's probably reasonable.

Edit: Nevermind.
TCTTS
AG
Movie run times never include the commercials or trailers. Only credits.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL. There is going to be so much B.S. out there between now and then!!! I'm already seeing the local news with an angry mom and little boy with tears in his eyes after they thought they were getting front row seats opening night because the guy on the corner had tickets that looked real!
AgMarauder04
AG
Front Row
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
LOL. There is going to be so much B.S. out there between now and then!!! I'm already seeing the local news with an angry mom and little boy with tears in his eyes after they thought they were getting front row seats opening night because the guy on the corner had tickets that looked real!
rule 1 on his mom.
The Collective
AG
Yea, mom sounds real dumb. Bet she is hot.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
and Jabba got his tail stepped on; he was there trying to collect a debt! that's just good business!

Other tragedies:

• R5D4 - did he ever get the bad motivator fixed?
  • R2D2 was knocked out of the top 25 in the Galactic DeJarik rankings because he let the wookie win
  • The stormtrooper who bumped his head on the Death Star didn't tell his superiors he was suffering from concussion-like symptoms and died 25 years later of a brain injury.
  • There was a talent scout at Chalumar's Cantina to see Figrin Dan and the Modal Nodes, and when Obi-Wan and Han interrupted their set with the violence, Figrin Dan tensed up and they didn't get the deal.
  • Unknown to most, Ponda Baba had been one of the foremost Aqualish trumpet players of the last 50 years, but Obi-Wan cut off his good hand and his talent was lost forever. You just can't replicate that kind of originality with an artificial hand.

Curious what happened to Figrin Dan in his chapter of Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina. Anyone remember? I seem to recall it including a speeder in the desert on the way to a gig or something.

The Ponda Baba chapter was really weird IIRC and was set at some lair on Ando.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
rule 1 on his mom.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
and Jabba got his tail stepped on; he was there trying to collect a debt! that's just good business!

Other tragedies:

• R2D2 was knocked out of the top 25 in the Galactic DeJarik rankings because he let the wookie win
  • The stormtrooper who bumped his head on the Death Star didn't tell his superiors he was suffering from concussion-like symptoms and died 25 years later of a brain injury.
  • There was a talent scout at Chalumar's Cantina to see Figrin Dan and the Modal Nodes, and when Obi-Wan and Han interrupted their set with the violence, Figrin Dan tensed up and they didn't get the deal.
  • Unknown to most, Ponda Baba had been one of the foremost Aqualish trumpet players of the last 50 years, but Obi-Wan cut off his good hand and his talent was lost forever. You just can't replicate that kind of originality with an artificial hand.

Curious what happened to Figrin Dan in his chapter of Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina. Anyone remember? I seem to recall it including a speeder in the desert on the way to a gig or something.

The Ponda Baba chapter was really weird IIRC and was set at some lair on Ando.
I think I'm mixing that one up with the one about Jabba's band. Ephant Mon and company were planning to play Jabba against Gardulla the Hutt and drive up their asking price a whole bunch.
jr15aggie
AG
Don't go quiet guys... I need to know exactly when I need to start F5in the Internet to get tickets... And when to expect the trailer. You Twitter guys need to keep us posted. And JJ needs to give us a bone!
TCTTS
AG
The ticket situation is fluctuating. I've heard both 7 PM Eastern and 8:30 PM Eastern on Monday. Surely we'll get confirmation tomorrow with the new poster.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The ticket situation is fluctuating. I've heard both 7 PM Eastern and 8:30 PM Eastern on Monday. Surely we'll get confirmation tomorrow with the new poster.
Or they will be super secretive about it an piss most of us off as we are sitting around putting kids to bed, hanging out with family, etc. when the tickets go on super secret sale.

It will be just like 3 pick 6s to lose a football game!!!!
TCTTS
AG
Relax.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Other tragedies:

What the **** areally you talking about?

Ponda was a draftsman before he lots his arm

Simplebay
AG
Holy hell the poster is in their instagram

https://instagr.am/p/8_B-MuM_We
Knife_Party
Nerdgasm.
Simplebay
AG
What is the top right? Death Star 3?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Love it. Can't wait to find out what that Death Star looking thing is, but I guess the rumors are right about there being another superweapon. And those snowtroopers on either side of the logo, just look SICK.

Not surprised there's no Luke, and I expect we won't see him in the trailer either.

Also, it's now official that the trailer (or a tv spot) will air during MNF. From the official FB:

quote:
The dark side and the light together on the new official poster. Tune in to ESPN's Monday Night Football tomorrow for an exclusive new look at STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS. #TheForceAwakens
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Sorry for the duplicate, Brian. Was posting at the same time you were. Will add the super-high-quality version when it's available.

EDIT: ^ Super-high-quality version added.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

quote:
The trailer will debut on Monday, October 19, during halftime of the National Football League (NFL) game between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles in Philadelphia. The game starts at 5:15 p.m. PDT/8:15 p.m. EDT. Following the trailer launch, tickets to the highly-anticipated cinematic event will be on sale everywhere movie tickets are sold.

I can understand the trailer not having an exact time - "halftime" is good enough for me - but not giving us an exact time for tickets is incredibly annoying. Guess it's up to fans to call their local theaters and ask, which is what I'll be doing today.
AgMarauder04
AG
It's so beautiful.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is really frustrating, especially for people who want reserved seats. Makes zero sense.
TCTTS
AG
LOVE the poster, but to be completely honest... these movies featuring yet another planet-sized/shaped weapon seems pretty uninspired. Really hope they have something unique/special in store with that thing.
TCTTS
AG
Our first official look at the alien character Maz Kanata, played by Lupita Wyong'o (via motion capture)...

This is the same character handing Luke's old lightsaber to Leia in the last trailer...

First Page Last Page
Page 201 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.