Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,325 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

MrPlow2010
AG
I bought a Sphero a couple of years ago and when I saw bb-8 I immediately thought of it. They are fun little toys to play around with. Messing around with your dogs is fun.
twilly
AG
Any DFW Peeps.

Order 66 in McKinney is selling tickets to a premiere show of The Force Awakens on Thursday 12/17 at 7pm. It will be at the Cinemark on SRT and Lake Forest Dr. Special 501st program starts at 6.

About 1/2 of the theater has been sold out. Prices range from $30-$50.

Call them quick if you want to get in on this. Likely will sell out today.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'd agree and I would add the same could be said for the "no, there is another " line. If Luke and Liea were twins at that point Ben wouldnt have said that.
It's pretty well documented that until Jedi, Luke and Leia were not siblings. Lucas invented that to resolve the love triangle. The original resolution was going to be Han's death, Leia taking on the responsibilities of collecting and governing the Alderran remnant, and Luke going off into the galaxy in search of Jedi knowledge. The "other" that Yoda spoke of was Luke's sister who wouldn't come into play until after Jedi.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Anybody reading Aftermath???

I got it around 11:00 last night on my nook. Only had time to read 20 pages or so. I'm hoping the overall story will be worthwhile, but I'm not really digging the authors writing style so far. Maybe it's just me, but he has a very distracting use of comas and hyphens... disrupts my reading.

PS: There is definitely something going on with Rey and that staff. The trailers, set photos, posters... most shots are of her holding that thing. All very deliberate IMO.
I'm secretly hoping that Rey has a double-bladed lightsaber
jeffk
AG
Light saber trident!
Duncan Idaho
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
That Chewie poster with Rey is telling. It either means Han is dead at the end and/or Rey is related to him. /conspiracy nerds
Gigem314
AG
quote:
Also, this looks cool as ****.

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/sphero-bb-8-review-this-is-the-coolest-star-wars-toy-e-1727067215

Mr. White
quote:
That Chewie poster with Rey is telling. It either means Han is dead at the end and/or Rey is related to him. /conspiracy nerds

I'm done. See y'all in December.
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm done. See y'all in December.

My thoughts exactly (I probably can't stick to it though)
Sex Panther
AG
I don't participate in this thread, but I had to come and see if the BB-8 toy had been posted yet. That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Knife_Party
Zoomed in Rey poster with staff definitely makes it look like an electronic device of some sort. I'm assuming a lightsaber thing but I guess that could be wrong.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I don't participate in this thread

Duncan Idaho

My attempt to capitalize on Christmas
Ag Since 83
AG
Went to the Frisco target this morning and got a Target BB8, plus the new Lego X-wing and TIE Fighter. My Aftermath pre-order arrived at work today and I'll start reading it after football tonight.

Thanks twilly for the heads up on the Order 66 in McKinney. Their Facebook page makes it look like some tickets might still be available and I'll try tomorrow.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This thread needs an mfbarnes post showing his warehouse full of Star Wars toys.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
I don't know if you are old enough to remember but there was a fair amount of grumbling about watto being a racist stereotype of a Jewish merchant when the movie came out.

But sorry if mocking that offended you
Of course that's what you were thinking child, That's why you posted about a "jew" slave owner flying over Cinderella's Castle.

That's why you were all over Lando and Nien Nunb flying the Falcon over the same castle while describing them as African stereotypes. Right? Oh wait, that would get you banned.

BTW, Schindler's List isn't a comedy.
SeattleAgJr
My dog would grab that BB8 in two seconds and turn it into plastic confetti in an additional 5.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
Is the Sphero version of BB8 better than the toy from target?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Is the Sphero version of BB8 better than the toy from target?

Way better.
AliasMan02
AG
For those reading Aftermath, correct me if I'm wrong. Refer to Chapter 4. Three aliens come into Terrin's junk shop:
quote:
"A Koorivar, an Ithorian, and an Abednedo enter a junkshop,"

Where does the Rodian come from a few paragraphs later?

quote:
The alien thugs all laugh. The Rodian laughs so hard he stoops over, slapping a knee, little green mushroom ears twitching with delight.

Just a screw-up, right? I found something similar in Lords of the Sith.
Hulla Baller
AG
Has anybody bought the Sphero BB8? What are your thoughts on it? I was thinking about buying one.
Simplebay
AG
Is this sphero or Target?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
sphero
BMX Bandit
Isn't Nien Nunb Japanese?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I thought he was Eskimo
Ag Since 83
AG
Target one is fun once you get the hang of the remote, but I have no doubt the Sphero one is 1000x better
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Zoomed in Rey poster with staff definitely makes it look like an electronic device of some sort. I'm assuming a lightsaber thing but I guess that could be wrong.
I was thinking a stun-rod like from the EU?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I was thinking a stun-rod like from the EU?
It kind of reminds me of the Mangaguard staffs.
Duncan Idaho
Wtf? The politcs board is a few down.

Watto is the only named character with wings. So if you are going to put a star wars twist on the logo, he is the obvious choice.

My opinion that the prequeals were lazy poorly writren contradictory nonsense is pretty well know on this thread. I think watto was a horrible character because of laziness and not some kind of antisemitic plot by lucas.

mocking the outcry of antisemitism from the first prequel was easier than Google to find his name.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Anybody reading Aftermath???

I got it around 11:00 last night on my nook. Only had time to read 20 pages or so. I'm hoping the overall story will be worthwhile, but I'm not really digging the authors writing style so far. Maybe it's just me, but he has a very distracting use of comas and hyphens... disrupts my reading.

PS: There is definitely something going on with Rey and that staff. The trailers, set photos, posters... most shots are of her holding that thing. All very deliberate IMO.

My god you weren't kidding about the style.....terrible.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Wtf? The politcs board is a few down.

Watto is the only named character with wings. So if you are going to put a star wars twist on the logo, he is the obvious choice.

My opinion that the prequeals were lazy poorly writren contradictory nonsense is pretty well know on this thread. I think watto was a horrible character because of laziness and not some kind of antisemitic plot by lucas.

mocking the outcry of antisemitism from the first prequel was easier than Google to find his name.

Poggle the Lesser diagrees!
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.