Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,920 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Hell, that starts at $1 for me.
I have about a $20 threshold, but she's an accountant and internal auditor... But hey, we're debt-free!
BMX Bandit
quote:
Inside SWG created a food vendor called Admiral Snackbar
I now have my fantasy football team name. Thanks!
BMX Bandit
holymotherofgod

Air Hogs' Star Wars Ultimate Millennium Falcon Quad is a powerful remote controlled quad copter with 2.4 GHz control, 4 channel and gyro-stabilization that provides amazing stability and flight performance. Authentic lights and sounds, and a push button Hyperspace mode will have users convinced they are Han Solo. MSRP: $109.99 USD.

amercer
Mr. White
quote:
I don't know if you are old enough to remember but there was a fair amount of grumbling about watto being a racist stereotype of a Jewish merchant when the movie came out.

But sorry if mocking that offended you

Arab merchant
Al Bula
AG
I think Watto is supposed to be a Jew. The Sand People are the Arabs.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Air Hogs' Star Wars Ultimate Millennium Falcon Quad is a powerful remote controlled quad copter with 2.4 GHz control, 4 channel and gyro-stabilization that provides amazing stability and flight performance. Authentic lights and sounds, and a push button Hyperspace mode will have users convinced they are Han Solo. MSRP: $109.99 USD.
It's on Amazon for $88 right now.

Anyone else a nerd like me and go get toys at midnight? About 20-30 people showed up at the Toys R Us in College Station. Only one dressed as a Jedi, though.
OnlyForNow
AG
Pretty sure I agree with you. I'm not Jewish, but much more sympathetic to Jewish peoples than strangely a lot of folks, but I don't see anything wrong with Watto being portrayed that way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am still holding out hope that the gd trailer drops today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good interview with Anthony Daniels.

This part was funny.

quote:
"The secrecy has been beyond ludicrous," he sighs. "For heaven's sake, it's a movie. When I got the script, it was typed in black on paper of the deepest red so you couldn't photocopy it. I got a hangover just reading it." He was censured by the studio recently for mentioning on Twitter a fellow actor from The Force Awakens.

"I said that I'd met so-and-so. An actor who plays a thing in the film. A character. Immediately I received a message from Disney: 'Remove the tweet! You're not allowed to say that!' Honestly. It's a kind of Kremlin attitude. Look, I know perfectly well not to tell you now what I'm giving you for a Christmas present because it would spoil the surprise. And these films are all about opening the box on Christmas Day."
Duncan Idaho
I picked up 2 each of
Targets bb8
Air hogs xwing
Air hogs falcon

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I picked up 2 each of
Targets bb8
Air hogs xwing
Air hogs falcon

What did that run you?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From reddit, no idea if official or not.

Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
I picked up 2 each of
Targets bb8
Air hogs xwing
Air hogs falcon

What did that run you?
$570. Target has a 90 day return window. I plan on keeping exactly one for myself and either returning or reselling the others if there is a rush on them.
Duncan Idaho
I am also going to swing by best buy and pick up a set of sphero bb8 for the same reason
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let us know how the sphero bb-8 is vs the target one. I really want to get one but I'm not sure which.
Duncan Idaho
There,are 10 people outside of best buy. They don't seem netdy enough to be here for the same reason add me
Duncan Idaho
Fucjers

Sold then lnight with the ship to store. Fucjers
TCTTS
AG

AliasMan02
AG
Target has the new X-Wing game core set available today. I know I keep beating this drum, but if you're a Star Wars fan, you should check this out. I'm a huge nerd but not a wargamer, and picked this up immediately. The expansions are all great, and the game is incredibly well supported by Fantasy Flight.

http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-x-wing-the-force-awakens-miniature-game/-/A-17433358#?lnk=Other_SW_090415_HEROCONTAINER%7CHEROCONTAINER%7CT:ShopByBrand

AliasMan02
AG
Oh, and FFG's preview is here, which explains some of the basics of how the game is played.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/9/4/man-your-ships/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks. Where'd you find these?
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Good to see that all vary in size.

I still contend that the clone wars evolved in Lucas's mind over the years. And that the clone wars old Ben was talking about were not the same ones that we had in the latter works.

I believe that in 1977, the clone wars was a war fought by the republic against clones and not a war fought by the clones for the republic.

GiveEmHellBill
AG

Toys R Us was handing these out last night.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I am also going to swing by best buy and pick up a set of sphero bb8 for the same reason
Better check availability online.

In just the past hour, the B/CS Best Buy went from "Pick up today" to "Pick up in 3-5 days." That's what I get for procrastinating.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

I still contend that the clone wars evolved in Lucas's mind over the years. And that the clone wars old Ben was talking about were not the same ones that we had in the latter works.

I believe that in 1977, the clone wars was a war fought by the republic against clones and not a war fought by the clones for the republic.

There's a lot to support that, as the early EU discussed it in exactly such a way.
Duncan Idaho
So looking at sold item on ebay

The target bb8 is going for 239 high with most around 160

The x wing is selling between 115 and 120

The falcon is selling between
150 and 200

So I might make 200 or so after listing fees if I sell them.

I will hold off for a while.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

There's a lot to support that, as the early EU discussed it in exactly such a way.

Sweet. I was sure I would be called an idiot for thinking that
TXAG 05
AG
I always thought the same thing about the Clone Wars until the prequel trilogy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly I think Lucas had put zero thought into what the backstory was on the Clone Wars in 77. It was a throwaway line to show that he and Anakin had a history, and Clone Wars sounds cool.
Duncan Idaho
I'd agree and I would add the same could be said for the "no, there is another " line. If Luke and Liea were twins at that point Ben wouldnt have said that.
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody reading Aftermath???

I got it around 11:00 last night on my nook. Only had time to read 20 pages or so. I'm hoping the overall story will be worthwhile, but I'm not really digging the authors writing style so far. Maybe it's just me, but he has a very distracting use of comas and hyphens... disrupts my reading.

PS: There is definitely something going on with Rey and that staff. The trailers, set photos, posters... most shots are of her holding that thing. All very deliberate IMO.
Duncan Idaho
Read it. In. Kirks. V, oice
jabberwalkie09
AG
I haven't gotten it yet, but from what I have been reading about Aftermath is that there are a couple of.... surprises (one mention) towards the end of the book. I think you will know what I am talking about when you read it from what I have read when people post about it.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I haven't gotten it yet, but from what I have been reading about Aftermath is that there are a couple of.... surprises (one mention) towards the end of the book. I think you will know what I am talking about when you read it from what I have read when people post about it.
Yeah, I'm counting on some good stuff. I have faith that the powers that be have a very specific and good direction for the "Aftermath Trilogy". I expect them to bridge the gap between Ep VI and VII in a cool way... but I'm just not digging the authors writing style.
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.