Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,197 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I do like the fact that the non humans have a Terry Gilliam feel to them

That gigantic bike thing is distractingly silly
I don't see how it's so silly, I don't get why people keep saying this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, maybe they purposely went with a guy that seemed "non-threatening", to make him seem like he's just a wannabe more than a real, legit Sith Lord. It could be part of his character. Who knows.

Maybe he'll seem more threatening in the film.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

I think the look works for Kylo Ren. He almost looks slightly afraid, and as we all know, fear leads to the dark side.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True.

Oh and with all the Kylo talk I forgot to mention --

Those snowtroopers look LEGIT.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think he looks exactly like a guy who would collect ancient magician memorabilia.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh and another thing that kind of excites me about him is that since he really doesn't pull off the whole phantom menace thing just based off looks, it might mean that he makes up for it with incredible acting.
TCTTS
AG
Confirmation that Gwendoline Christie - aka Brienne of Tarth, aka Captain Phasma - is the Chrometrooper.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That is pretty frickin sweet. LIke a Cylon stormtrooper.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That is pretty frickin sweet. LIke a Cylon stormtrooper.

Bets on her saying "By your command" after an order?
TCTTS
AG
Wow.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Perfect spring days like today always make me think of Star Wars. May has always been the month of Star Wars and I'm glad its returning to its rightful place after TFA.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm not sure if those shots of Driver are confirmation that he will be mask-less in the movie... these are vanity fair shots and good marketing for all these actors. Makes sense that Adam & the crew would want his face exposed for these shots (see some of the Anthony Daniels / C-3PO vanity fair shots from past movies). Good pub for the actors and confirmation of who they are in the movie... which we pretty much already knew.

Anyhow, it could go either way with Driver... face or no face. But as far as how menacing he is, it's more about what he does than what he looks like under normal circumstances. When Vader was revealed in ROTJ, he wasn't exactly an angry looking monster... he was very weak looking under the hood. Palps was also very plain & weak looking in disguise. Looks like we'll see enough of Kylo Ren early on to realize he's no good.
agmag90
quote:

Jon Snow's brother?
Simplebay
AG
what's on the wall?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I see Alderaan and Endor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I know the EU is dead and gone officially, but Driver's build and face really mind me of how Jacen Solo was portrayed (Cliff notes for non-EUers: Very quiet, almost withdrawn son of Leia/Han; caught captured and tortured by a really horrific enemy; relearned the Force from a pre-Clone Wars Jedi; won the big final duel in a long series of books by basically becoming the Force itself; ultimately went Sith because he believed it was the right thing to do to keep the galaxy from destroying itself; killed by his twin sister).

He was slightly built, not really menacing, nothing of the sort; and his descent into Sith-dom was slow and scary for him more than anyone else. Adam Driver ain't no beauty queen, he's got a face that looks like it can do some emoting and that's what we want of a guy who maybe is just becoming a SIth, not really a bad dude yet.

It's one of things I hated (more than other things) about the casting and makeup/hair/wardrobe of Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen. Anakin is supposed to be a slave for 8 years, then a Jedi for 10, then embroiled in a galaxy-wide nightmare for 3 years, so why does he look like a male model / just got out of a tanning bed every day?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
what's on the wall?

They look like 3 20s-30s style posters for parts of the galaxy.

The first one is a palace on Alderaan next to a lake and reads Something ..."for the beauty of Alderaan by Moonlight." there's a big moon in the sky, reflected in the water (it's actually a moon, not a space station!)

The second one is like an old recruitment poster with a pin-up girl dressed in an Imp officer uniform showing off her legs on the bridge of a Star Destroyer and several more SD's out the window, it says "... the Galaxy. IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER"

Third one is a scout trooper coming right at you on a speeder bike with another on behind him. I think it says "Under the Canopy" up top, then Endor below.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
codenameduchess
AG

They're posters done by Steve Thomas from about 4-5yrs ago.

Edit: Here's the link to all of them.
double aught
AG
quote:

He seems to have an affinity for his ride. I would too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh damn!

redline248
AG
When I first saw that pic I thought he had a Luke Skywalker look to him.
TCTTS
AG
I'm starting to get the impression that Rey/Finn/Poe are EACH Luke in some small way. Symbolically speaking.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I'm starting to get the impression that Rey/Finn/Poe are EACH Luke in some small way. Symbolically speaking.
He was getting busy with his light saber
TCTTS
AG
Looks the second anthology film will, in fact, focus on Boba Fett...

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-2nd-anthology-film-will-be-boba-fetts-origin-story/

Other than his look, I've never found the character to be all that interesting, and I would MUCH rather these anthology films explore new/different characters/stories. His origin in the prequels was super lame too. That said, I could be on board if this is a "new" adventure of sorts - if he somehow made it out of the pit - but The Wrap is saying "a Boba Fett origin story," so it looks like it'll take place post-Attack of the Clones / pre A New Hope. Hopefully they know what they're doing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Boba Fett is overrated.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Ugh. Boba Fett is overrated.

Right there with you.
redline248
AG
Once again it's a case of the prequels screwing something up. Clone of Jango Fett loses his dad at ~age 10 and somehow survives on his own and becomes the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy.

If you just have Empire and Jedi to work from, he becomes a lot more interesting, imo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want a movie focusing on the underworld of Coruscant. Hopefully that is part of this Boba Fett film.

TCTTS
AG
quote:
If you just have Empire and Jedi to work from, he becomes a lot more interesting, imo.

This. The clone thing ruins it for me. Having a clean slate to do whatever they wanted would have been so much more interesting.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think it could be interesting. You will probably get to see a lot of Jabba, possibly some vader, maybe even some obi wan.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Once again it's a case of the prequels screwing something up. Clone of Jango Fett loses his dad at ~age 10 and somehow survives on his own and becomes the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy.

That sounds pretty damn interesting to me.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

That sounds pretty damn interesting to me.
Interesting or unbelievable? It's not like there was an Obi-Wan type there to take him under wing.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I want a movie focusing on the underworld of Coruscant. Hopefully that is part of this Boba Fett film.

Would definitely be on board with that.
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.