Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,101 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
benMath08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Once again it's a case of the prequels screwing something up. Clone of Jango Fett loses his dad at ~age 10 and somehow survives on his own and becomes the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy.

If you just have Empire and Jedi to work from, he becomes a lot more interesting, imo.

That sounds pretty damn interesting to me.
Interesting or unbelievable? It's not like there was an Obi-Wan type there to take him under wing.
Boba Fett is a clone of the galaxy's deadliest bounty hunter and was taught by him every day. No doubt Jango had tons of secret accounts that transferred to Boba when he died, and had who knows what other contingency plans to help out his son. Boba also inherited one of the galaxy's best one-man ships.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Once again it's a case of the prequels screwing something up. Clone of Jango Fett loses his dad at ~age 10 and somehow survives on his own and becomes the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy.

If you just have Empire and Jedi to work from, he becomes a lot more interesting, imo.

Interesting or unbelievable? It's not like there was an Obi-Wan type there to take him under wing.
Well thiis is what we know.

Genes of a legendary bounty hunder, training since birth to about 10 years old, death of your father throws you into the wild, attempts to kill Windu, ends up in jail, escapes, becomes young ass killer bounty hunter, & gets owned by Ventress. Sounds like he's right on his way.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I still stand by my old pitch for this film: a Midnight Run riff with Boba Fett transporting a bounty while evading the other bounty hunters. That would be a ****ing cool movie indeed.

I could be down with that...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/04/2nd-star-wars-anthology-to-be-boba-fett-backstory
redline248
AG
I also forgot that the Clone Wars cartoon touched on some of what Boba was up to during that time. Oh well, I know I'll watch it.
Dro07
AG
quote:

he doesn't survive on his own. The story is continued in the Clone wars series and gives some background on how he has survived
The Collective
AG
When my friends and I would draft our toys for a massive battle - Bossk was my go to bounty hunter.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

he doesn't survive on his own. The story is continued in the Clone wars series and gives some background on how he has survived
Yep, Boba had his own little band of bounty hunters in TCW. I think that there was even a planned arc involving him and Cad Bane referred to as the Bounty Hunter arc.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
What if boba Fett destroys the cloning facilities because he's affronted so many clones of himself are being made. Would explain why storm troopers stopped being clones... Might be an interesting flick.

Just an idea
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
When my friends and I would draft our toys for a massive battle - Bossk was my go to bounty hunter.
Then check out the ship that's shipping this quarter for Wave 7 of FFG's X-Wing miniatures game:

Seriously, you Star Wars guys would love this game even if you're not a traditional tabletop gamer. Easy to pick up, great to play casually with friends or with the family and kids. It's an absolute blast.
An Ag in CO
AG
One could only hope...

redline248
AG
quote:
One could only hope...

Lmao
jabberwalkie09
AG
For some reason I can totally see Jar Jar hanging on for dear life to some x-wing canon.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty nifty new canon timeline...

TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I guess that timeline puts to bed everyone saying that Boba Fett appearing in the trailer for Battlefront means that he escaped the Sarlacc.
redline248
AG
Which of those, other than the movies/tv shows, are available already?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

I honestly couldn't tell you. All I know is that Aftermath comes out in September and Battlefront in November. Pretty sure Tarkin is currently available, though.
redline248
AG
Looks like it's Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, a New Dawn, and Heir to the Jedi. All of those are books, but I think a New Dawn might be a comic. It's a lot cheaper.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I honestly couldn't tell you. All I know is that Aftermath comes out in September and Battlefront in November. Pretty sure Tarkin is currently available, though.
Dark Disciple (a Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos story) and Aftermath are the only books not currently out yet I think. A New Dawn is a prequel to Rebels which has one season under its belt. Season two premiers on TV June 20th, and the rest of the second season I think starts sometime in the fall.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jaster Mereel... I bet a younger Dengar could have showed him a few things...
Ag Since 83
AG
Are the Marvel comics currently being released and set between IV and V canon?
jr15aggie
AG
All this new content is gonna hit fast and furious. They've thrown out 30 years of content... Some of which contradicted itself from what I hear... And now they are going to flood us with more. Probably more than what we had before in a shorter amount of time.

The big time fans are gonna have a hard time keeping up. I'll have a hard time just keeping up with the movies. Be interesting to see how quickly we become over saturated. I won't stop caring, but my enthusiasm will most likely be squashed in a few years.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Are the Marvel comics currently being released and set between IV and V canon?

Yep.
Knife_Party
Personally I'm glad they threw out at least one book. I can't remember the book or the character's full name, but one of the authors had the gall to make a character a more powerful force user than Luke Skywalker, son of ****ing virgin birth Anakin. His name was Kyle something. I read it and thought GTFO with that trash.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can someone give a rundown of what the Rebels cartoon has been about? Is it worth watching?
Ag Since 83
AG
Basically about an orphan who is Force sensitive who hooks up with a band of rebels to fight against the Empire and train in the ways of the Jedi. It's a plot right out of 1977.

double aught
AG
quote:
have a hard time just keeping up with the movies.
Seven movies over 38 years a little too fast a pace for ya?
Ag Since 83
AG
But in all seriousness, season one focuses on the crew of one ship, the Ghost, as they fight the local Imperials, and the local Imperials try and hunt them down. It's a very micro view of the Empire era/beginning of the Rebellion, although season 2 looks like the scale will expand somewhat. Freddie Prinze Jr voices one of the characters, a former Jedi now in hiding, who takes up training Ezra in the ways of the Force. Ezra's basically a younger Luke Skywalker, without the aunt and uncle.

On the Imperial side, you've got the local Imperials trying to maintain order in their corner of the galaxy, and you've got the Inquisitor trying to track down any remaining Jedi.

Is it worth watching? I think parts of it are interesting, if you accept it's a Disney show and keep your expectations in check. It's a kids show, but thus far not an annoying kids show (no Jar Jar-esque character yet)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Can someone give a rundown of what the Rebels cartoon has been about? Is it worth watching?
kid with the force who looks like aladdin
jedi who survived order 66 hiding as a smuggler
mando armor wearing girl who likes grafitti
twilek female who is a pilot instead of a dancer / ho
muscleman alien who is carbon copy of mcquarrie's original design for chewie

they basically do robin hood-type work; hit the empire when they can to pay for themselves and help out others; do odd jobs ala the crew on serenity or han/chewie; they run afoul of an imp agent and when homeboy has to reveal himself as a jedi, an imperial inquisitor - a step below vader - but has saber/powers gets called in to hunt them down.

few episodes weren't great; most were good, a few were awesome; cameos by many star wars faces, but not so many you wanted to barf.

underlying plot reveal at season's end is one of the best thing star wars has done in 20 years.
Ag Since 83
AG
Wow, the Aladdin comment...it had never occurred to me, but so true.

Also, good call with the Serenity comparison.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mac94
AG
Off topic somewhat but has Abrams / Disney talked at all about the merchandizing of the film and spoilers that could lead to. Figure they want the movie to not be totally spoiled ... but the merchandizing side will want all the new figures, toys, games, video games, coloring books, etc etc etc out in plenty of time for Christmas shopping ... which means all this stuff will be out there well in advance of the December 18th release date. Have they talked at all about balancing those two things?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Off topic somewhat but has Abrams / Disney talked at all about the merchandizing of the film and spoilers that could lead to. Figure they want the movie to not be totally spoiled ... but the merchandizing side will want all the new figures, toys, games, video games, coloring books, etc etc etc out in plenty of time for Christmas shopping ... which means all this stuff will be out there well in advance of the December 18th release date. Have they talked at all about balancing those two things?

Toys and merch always include spoilers. Just how it is.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.