Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,024 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
We're talking about the second of the spin off films?

Yes. NOT Rogue One, directed by Gareth Edwards, set for December 2016. This was to be the May 2018 Anthology film, of which we know absolutely nothing about.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. From Chronicle screenwriter Max Landis, re: Trank, whom Landis apparently did not get along with either...

Max Landis @Uptomyknees
AG
quote:
We're talking about the second of the spin off films?

Rian Johnson has one as well, I think his is first?

EDIT: just kidding, he's on Episode 8.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Just announced - Director Josh Trank is officially off the 2018 anthology movie. Said it was for "personal reasons," but this has definitely been brewing for some time. Once he was a no-show at the SW Celebration Anthology panel, it was all but decided. Rumor is it had to do with the way he handled the Fantastic Four gig. The movie itself could be fine, but there was apparently A LOT of on-set drama (like trashing hotel rooms, butting heads with executives, etc.), but who knows...

Every time I read "butting-heads" I automatically change it to "head-butting." Makes most stories a lot more interesting and fun.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
This was to be the May 2018 Anthology film, of which we know absolutely nothing about.
Suggested titles:

Utini! The Musical
Hey, Maybe I Did Shoot First: The Life and Times of Greedo
How the Hell Do I Get Dressed Every Day - the Tale of Mas Amedda
Looking for Love in Alderaan Places
El Kamino: The Mexican Cloner
It Takes Two to Jango
One Bith, Two Bith, Red Bith, Blue Bith
Game of Clones
When Dengar Met Jar Jar

GiveEmHellBill
AG
This just about kills any incentive to go and see the new Fantastic Four movie now I know the director is a dick and got fired from a Star Wars movie.

Now I'll probably only see it just to see how much of a trainwreck it is.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
TCTTS
AG
http://news.yahoo.com/star-wars-products-debut-sept-4-global-event-125058320--finance.html
VanZandt92
quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/star-wars-products-debut-sept-4-global-event-125058320--finance.html

I so hope they make some quality products. So much Star Wars and Disney stuff is cheaply made. Fan made sabers and costumes are far better. The only thing is that fans don't make action figures. There have been some cheesy Star Wars action figures as well over the years.
VanZandt92
If i was single , I'd have an assload of Star Wars memorabilia. As it is, my wife has limited te displays, alas.
TCTTS
AG
Love this.

I remember Vanity Fair's original spread for The Phantom Menace (pics here, article here), and how that was our first really good insider look at all the characters/behind the scene, save for the first trailer. Long before the disappointment of the movie itself, the picture/book/product reveals for the movie were so fun/cool, and seeing a similar cover for The Force Awakens brings back that nostalgia in a great way. That, and Annie Leibovitz always takes stunning shots. Another pic from the article itself will be revealed tomorrow, on May the Fourth, and then the full issue will be out digitally on Thursday, May 7 (though print won't hit 'til May 12)...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover?mbid=social_twitter
TCTTS
AG
Just reread The Phantom Menace article...

A) If that article is any presedent, we're could learn quite a bit about The Force Awaken's general plot this week. We MIGHT even get the opening crawl, but I think The Phantom Menace's opening crawl (quoted in the article) had already been revealed publicly by the time that article hit.

B) Leibovitz's behind the scenes pics make the movie look SO GOOD. I remember those pictures almost being more exciting to me than the second trailer, which hit a month later.

C) Ha...

quote:
The long-standing perception has been that the complete Star Wars saga is a nine-film cycle, and that after Episodes I through III were finished Lucas would move on to Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, resuming where Return of the Jedi had left off. "That's not really part of the plan at this point," he says. "When you see it in six parts, you'll understand. It really ends at part six."

Whereas the prequel plotlines have their basis in the original treatment for Star Wars that Lucas wrote in the early 1970s. "I never had a story for the sequels, for the later ones," he says. As such, he'll move on after Episode III to nonStar Wars projects, "and also, I'll be to a point in my age where to do another trilogy would take 10 years." (Lucas will turn 55 in May.) Would he be amenable to letting someone else carry on making Star Wars movies, much as he has permitted other writers to carry on the lives of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia in authorized novels, comic books, and CD-ROMS? "Probably not," Lucas says. "It's my thing."
fig96
AG
Funny how a few billion can change your mind...
TCTTS
AG
Interesting. Sounds like this will be the big May the Fourth thing that had been rumored. I doubt "excleusive video" means new footage, but likely more of a behind-the-scenes type of thing...

quote:
Further more, on May 4th more photographs, exclusive video, and interviews will be available at VanityFair.com. Sign up for their newsletter and you get another exclusive photo in your inbox on Tuesday.

I'm personally a huge fan of the Vanity Fair Star Wars photos, so I'm really happy about this. Can't wait to see everything!

(As a note, we've seen beautiful images from Annie Leibovitz for Star Wars that do not exactly reflect real events in the films such as this shot of Obi-Wan and Darth Maul facing off in the Tatooine desert. We may see something in these new shots that doesn't necessarily happen that way in the film.)

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-cast-on-the-cover-of-vanity-fair/
VanZandt92
That slideshow is pretty strong.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great cover.
AMW2010
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wanted to repost but in lower resolution?
TCTTS
AG
Here we go. First behind the scenes footage of Adam Driver on set, along with confirmation that Lupita Nyong'o is playing a mo-cap/CGI alien (the one who hands off the lightsaber in the trailer)...

http://video.vanityfair.com/watch/cover-photo-shoots-watch-the-star-wars-cast-on-set-for-vanity-fair-cover-shoot

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover
AliasMan02
AG
Still really think she's playing Ahsoka. Or hoping. Or whatever.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Lupita has a WTF am I doing here? look on her face.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Somehow, the more I see, the more I excited I get for this movie.

Also, Daisy Ridley is gorgeous.
double aught
AG
quote:

Also, Daisy Ridley is gorgeous.
AMW2010
AG

Kylo Ren?
COOL LASER FALCON
Grasping at straws, but is that a light saber in the snow behind him?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Kylo Ren?

Indeed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
May the 4th be with you all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Still really think she's playing Ahsoka. Or hoping. Or whatever.

The article says she plays a pirate who lives in a castle named Maz Kanata, which could be misdirection or an alias, but it's worth noting.

Are we sure she's the one handing someone (presumably leia) the lightsaber in trailer No. 2?

Ahsoka would be pretty darn old if she showed up in this movie. Maybe her species ages slower so they make it work, but I think she'd be in her 60s? 70s?
MGS
Kylo Ren doesn't look threatening, he looks emo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had the same thought. He should have a more threatening face, maybe a scar or a tattoo.

On the other hand, when he's wearing the helmet he looks baller as ****.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
This was to be the May 2018 Anthology film, of which we know absolutely nothing about.
Suggested titles:

Utini! The Musical
Hey, Maybe I Did Shoot First: The Life and Times of Greedo
How the Hell Do I Get Dressed Every Day - the Tale of Mas Amedda
El Kamino: The Mexican Cloner
It Takes Two to Jango
One Bith, Two Bith, Red Bith, Blue Bith
Game of Clones
When Dengar Met Jar Jar

Duncan Idaho
I do like the fact that the non humans have a Terry Gilliam feel to them

That gigantic bike thing is distractingly silly
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
Kylo Ren doesn't look threatening, he looks emo.

That still shot kind of reminds me of a Robotech baddie from the old cartoons.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
DrIver doesn't do it for me as a bad guy... He looks about as threatening as the local high school goth vampire wannabe.... Reminds me more of head case Marilyn Manson than a badass evil dude.

Or ... a super skinny, clean shaven John Snow
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.