Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,791 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Episode VII moved to May 2016. Meh.

What are you talking about?
Mr. White
I was putting MuckRaker on.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I was putting MuckRaker on.

Ha, oh. Gotcha.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Almost would've been worth it to see Simple gloating about it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No Star Wars trailer with Avengers?!
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Differs from theater to theater. Should be with most showings, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should be attached to all. It's a freaking Disney movie. Such bull****.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Please disseminate for non Facebook users?

Did you click on the link? You don't have to be logged in to view it.
Facebook <> Muckraker
boogieman
AG
quote:
Got the latest trailer at the imax showing of the avengers at an amc.
Saxsoon
AG
Got it at Regal non imax 3d.

It was glorious
wangus12
AG
No Star Wars for me. I was crushed
Aggie_Journalist
AG
No Star Wars trailer at my avengers showing last night (2d, starplex). I was surprised how bummed I was not to see it.
SUPAGGIE
Is this new trailer going to drop on YouTube soon?
The Collective
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think it's the same trailer from a couple of weeks ago that people are seeing, but I thought I heard a rumor JJ might release something short and new on Monday (May the fourth, Star Wars day). Not sure if that's been confirmed.
AliasMan02
AG
They'll do something on Monday but I doubt it's a new trailer. I'm guessing it will be some sort of character reveal. Maybe Gwen Christie's character. Or maybe some sort of up close look at the T-70 x-wing or something.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, we've seen the trailer on youtube plenty, but I was really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen, with RPX sound and a huge crowd. There were cheers and applause for BvS and JW, so I imagine the reaction to SW would've been epic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Got it at Regal non imax 3d.

It was glorious
I went to an Regal RPX showing, non 3d. I wonder if only 3d showings got it.
SUPAGGIE
quote:
I think it's the same trailer from a couple of weeks ago that people are seeing, but I thought I heard a rumor JJ might release something short and new on Monday (May the fourth, Star Wars day). Not sure if that's been confirmed.

Well that's dissapointing. I thought it would be a totally new trailer.
boogieman
AG
It was kinda cool seeing it in 3D.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, from what I'm reading it seems it's attached to all 3D showings.
joemeister
AG
Just finished listening to the audiobook of Tarkin by James Luceno. The book chronicles Moff Tarkin's actions from the end of RotS to ANH. This is the first post-EU book I've read, and I have to say it's pretty well done. Entertaining for sure.

I'll be starting Heir to the Jedi on my commute home this afternoon.

For anybody that listens to audio books, I've found all of the Star Wars books to be really well produced. The narrators are top class, and they almost always add sound effects that really add to the experience.

Aftermath (releases in September) will be the first novel set after RotJ, so it will be our first chance to see the direction Darth Mickey decides to take the galaxy after the death of the Emperor and Vader. 30 years is a long time, and should give the writers plenty to work with. I'm mostly interested to see which new characters they come up with. Who will be the new Grand Admiral Thrawn or Mara Jade?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Someone decided to dub Top Gun music over TFA trailer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Just finished listening to the audiobook of Tarkin by James Luceno. The book chronicles Moff Tarkin's actions from the end of RotS to ANH. This is the first post-EU book I've read, and I have to say it's pretty well done. Entertaining for sure.
As part of the new canon, I have heard it is good. Though, I have read mixed things about Heir of the Jedi...
TCTTS
AG
Just announced - Director Josh Trank is officially off the 2018 anthology movie. Said it was for "personal reasons," but this has definitely been brewing for some time. Once he was a no-show at the SW Celebration Anthology panel, it was all but decided. Rumor is it had to do with the way he handled the Fantastic Four gig. The movie itself could be fine, but there was apparently A LOT of on-set drama (like trashing hotel rooms, butting heads with executives, etc.), but who knows...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Trank raised eyebrows when he didn't show up for a planned presentation at Disney's Star Wars Celebration in April. At the time, Disney and Trank said he was not feeling well, with Trank tweeting that he had "worst flu of my life." But sources say Trank was asked by Disney executives not to attend the event.

Rumors have persisted that Fox is unhappy with Trank's performance on Fantastic Four and that Kinberg, who is producing both that film and the second Star Wars spinoff, was getting cold feet about working with Trank again.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-standalone-film-loses-792892
Sex Panther
AG
Trank was trashing hotel rooms?
tamusc
AG
Didn't realize those two films had the same producer. Makes more sense now.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Trank was trashing hotel rooms?

That's one rumor I read. Let me try to find the article...
Sex Panther
AG
Wow that guy is barely 30 years old
TCTTS
AG
Ha, here ya go. Love that the rumor originated on TigerDroppings, of all places (FF was filmed in Louisiana)...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Did-Fantastic-Four-Director-Really-Go-Off-Crew-Destroy-Production-House-69164.html
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Ha, here ya go. Love that the rumor originated on TigerDroppings, of all places (FF was filmed in Louisiana)...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Did-Fantastic-Four-Director-Really-Go-Off-Crew-Destroy-Production-House-69164.html
I'd read the rumors regarding his supposed drug usage. I had pretty much assumed that by his no-show and his anthology movie not even being mentioned at Celebration that he was toast.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kind of glad. Disney can do better.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Kind of glad. Disney can do better.

Agreed.
double aught
AG
We're talking about the second of the spin off films?
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.