Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,752 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More new promo art from Mando Season 3

Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Be the change you want to see.
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3359450
bluefire579
AG
maroon barchetta
That's Scarif.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Sq1dvm
AG
Been watching Bad Batch with the kids, I have to say, I really like their theme music.
C@LAg
was back in Georgetown over the weekend continuing to go through my dad's stuff, when I found this relic of our childhood.

and also claimed one of the two working Super 8 projectors as well.

https://starwars.fandom.com/f/p/3053573323880400153

The original Star Wars film was first released on the VHS, Betamax, LaserDisc, and CED formats in 1982, a full five years after its original theatrical release.

Prior to this, the only way that fans could see the film onscreen was through the numerous theatrical re-releases of the period, or through these now-obscure Super 8mm reels released by starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Films .

Numerous versions were available, some silent (with subtitles) and in black-and-white. All were significantly cut down to a 30-minute runtime to keep the price down. Notably, they omitted the famous opening crawl in favor of a starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Kane -esque announcer.
maroon barchetta
Very good find!

I had one of these back in the day. Not exactly the same but definitely a silent film of clips that you had to turn yourself.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/63472675968370085/
maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

Very good find!

I had one of these back in the day. Not exactly the same but definitely a silent film of clips that you had to turn yourself.

And here is the reel it played (with music added).

C@LAg
maroon barchetta said:

Very good find!

we had that too! but it had disappeared by 83.
maroon barchetta
I've got this somewhere with about half of the iron-ons left in it.

C@LAg
maroon barchetta said:

I've got this somewhere with about half of the iron-ons left in it.

i remember that from those book clubs they used to hand out catalogs for in grade school.
maroon barchetta
R2's lawsuit against Hanes for not making shirts available in sizes for R2 droids while making them for C-3PO types was a landmark case that later spurred George H.W. Bush to expand ADA laws beyond what had been previously considered.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maroon barchetta said:

That's Scarif.

Are you suggesting he posted Alderaan places?
The Porkchop Express
bluefire579 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Very good find!

That's a trip down memory lane. I never got one of those because it wasn't the entire movie, but I can neither confirm nor deny frequently stopping in one of the toy stores at the mall and repeatedly watching the film inside that thing.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Some easy Lego sets to enjoy from Andor

SpreadsheetAg
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

bluefire579 said:

Mac94
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Very good find!

Still have three of the red cartridges stored away, lol
maroon barchetta
You need the player!
The Porkchop Express
Rick Famuiya has been announced as the director of the first and last episodes of Season 3 of the Mandalorian.

He's directed 3 episodes previously. Chapter 2 "The Child" where Mando fights the Jawas and Grogu uses the Force on the Mudhorn; Chapter 6 "The Prisoners' that introduced Bill Burr's character and took place on the Republic prison barge; and Chapter 15 "The Believer" where the whole gang infiltrated the Imperial garrison, Bill Burr got robbed of an Academy Award, Mando took his helmet off, and Boba Fett went seismic on the TIEs.
TCTTS
AG
Hell yeah.
TCTTS
AG
This *exact* moment on TRL is probably the most hyped I've ever been for any single movie. The trailers were one thing, but the premiere of the Dual of the Fates music video took the hype to a whole other level. If I remember correctly, and am interpreting this interview right, the premiere coincided with the day when all the TPM merchandise hit the shelves as well, which only added to the insanity. There will almost assuredly never be anything like this for any other movie again in our lifetimes…

TCTTS
AG
Yep, just looked it up. May 4, 1999. The day the music video, soundtrack, and all merchandise dropped. Man, that was fun.
TCTTS
AG
Also, Dave Holmes was/is the sh*t. I always really liked that guy.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Yep, just looked it up. May 4, 1999. The day the music video, soundtrack, and all merchandise dropped. Man, that was fun.
I believe the actual title of the spoiler track on the soundtrack was QUI-GON GETS GUTTED LIKE A FISH
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

This *exact* moment on TRL is probably the most hyped I've ever been for any single movie. The trailers were one thing, but the premiere of the Dual of the Fates music video took the hype to a whole other level. If I remember correctly, and am interpreting this interview right, the premiere coincided with the day when all the TPM merchandise hit the shelves as well, which only added to the insanity. There will almost assuredly never be anything like this for any other movie again in our lifetimes…

Love this. TRL is right in the wheelhouse of my college experience.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Which included a massive spoiler in the track title listings.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
Corus-can't!
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

Literal lol on this, thanks for posting.
"… and he was a good friend"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This whole interview is great and worth a listen, but the alternate high ground scene described at the timestamp below sounds amazing. (Nick Gillard was the stunt choreographer for the PT.)

The Porkchop Express
Look who's back to work!

Filming for Andor Season 2 has commenced at Pinewood Studios in London. They're also using the McLaren Technology Centre to shoot Coruscant again and reportedly doing some stuff in Valencia, Spain as well.

Report says that Bix, Syril (Elliot from ET), and Dedra Meero are all also in London filming currently.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Porkchop Express
Also a rumor from the usually reliable Bespin Bulletin that Yahya Abul-Mateen II from Watchmen and the very literal Black Manta in Aquaman, has been cast as the lead in whatever SW movie that Damon Lindelof is cooking up.

https://bespinbulletin.com/2023/02/yahya-abdul-mateen-ii-cast-as-a-lead-in-damon-lindelofs-star-wars-movie/
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
AliasMan02
AG
Kids turned on TFA today. It's a problematic movie for a lot of reasons, but the scene with Han talking about Luke and the Force is maybe the emotional high point of the whole saga. It gets me every time... actually chokes me up a little.
First Page Last Page
Page 1173 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.