Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,978,942 Views | 44111 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jokershady
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

fig96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

Just some quick google Star Wars Galaxy facts:

• 10,000 Jedi at the time of Order 66
  • 1.3 million planets represented by the Galactic Republic
  • 100 Quadrillion sentient beings in the galaxy

It's unsurprising that people had little understanding of the Jedi religion.

Can someone run the math and see what that would equate to on Earth? Maybe a group of like 15 guys in one major city who meet up at a dude's apartment?
Took a shot at it, if my math is right:

79 people.

Really? I got closer to 0.08% of a single person. On earth.

So, like a single person's left pinky. Out of 8 billion people on Earth.
You are correct, I shorted the quadrillion 3 decimal places.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I wasn't 100% sure. It's hard to keep track of that many zeros on a phone calculator.
fig96
AG
Same issue
jokershady
AG
fig96 said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

fig96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

Just some quick google Star Wars Galaxy facts:

• 10,000 Jedi at the time of Order 66
  • 1.3 million planets represented by the Galactic Republic
  • 100 Quadrillion sentient beings in the galaxy

It's unsurprising that people had little understanding of the Jedi religion.

Can someone run the math and see what that would equate to on Earth? Maybe a group of like 15 guys in one major city who meet up at a dude's apartment?
Took a shot at it, if my math is right:

79 people.

Really? I got closer to 0.08% of a single person. On earth.

So, like a single person's left pinky. Out of 8 billion people on Earth.
You are correct, I shorted the quadrillion 3 decimal places.
I had to google a website with virtually unlimited number spaces…..4 quadrillion is 4,000,000,000,000,000
YouBet
AG
Jesus Christ, Star Wars off-season is killing me!

Need new Mando stat.
redline248
AG
Lol, like an in-season show stops this
jokershady
AG
YouBet said:

Jesus Christ, Star Wars off-season is killing me!

Need new Mando stat.
LPHA
AG
These census stats are hilariously outdated given how long ago the saga took place. I'd be interested in a modern count of the Jedi and non Jedi populations
maroon barchetta
There are a lot of issues with fake identities. Some people go by Clem instead of Cassian.

The Jedi will wave their hands at the census takers and tell them to move along.

Some people like to exist without a chain code.

The Empire has made entire cities and entire planets disappear.

Getting an accurate count is not possible.
LPHA
AG
Found 1 sith
maroon barchetta
redline248
AG
LPHA said:

These census stats are hilariously outdated given how long ago the saga took place. I'd be interested in a modern count of the Jedi and non Jedi populations
well, it could be tough to get a "modern" count, since this all took place Long Ago
redline248
AG
Changing tracks a little...

If Rey adopts the name "Skywalker" and the last movie is called Rise of Skywalker...should we assume anyone she trains will not take the Jedi title, but call themselves Skywalkers, instead?

I wonder if there is a future for SW post sequels.
Chipotlemonger
AG
redline248 said:

Changing tracks a little...

If Rey adopts the name "Skywalker" and the last movie is called Rise of Skywalker...should we assume anyone she trains will not take the Jedi title, but call themselves Skywalkers, instead?

I wonder if there is a future for SW post sequels.
. Hopefully she goes off and becomes a hermit and any more SW content is completely different.

Bring us KOTOR!
redline248
AG
KOTOR has to be the crown jewel of existing SW content that isn't a movie. I wonder if even Disney knows how popular that is.
Chipotlemonger
AG
redline248 said:

KOTOR has to be the crown jewel of existing SW content that isn't a movie. I wonder if even Disney knows how popular that is.

Outside of RO/Andor and the OT, it's by far the best storyline
BenTheGoodAg
AG
redline248 said:

That's a good topic for debate!

KOTOR is a great property, but I think you'd get some discourse between the Mandalorian, Andor, and the Clone Wars.

For me, the ending of the Clone Wars was the peak moment in all of Star Wars, though others were more consistently incredible.
The Porkchop Express
De aged Ron Pearlman as Canderous Ordo or GTFO
LPHA
AG
I'd imagine they've improved census technology quite a bit in the long time since then
maroon barchetta
Which of you is this?

They also had two Marvel decals.

fig96
AG
maroon barchetta said:

There are a lot of issues with fake identities. Some people go by Clem instead of Cassian.

The Jedi will wave their hands at the census takers and tell them to move along.

Some people like to exist without a chain code.

The Empire has made entire cities and entire planets disappear.

Getting an accurate count is not possible.
"So good news and bad news…tax revenue from Alderran will be down significantly next quarter…"
TCTTS
AG

(Rosario Dawson/Ahsoka with the voice over)
ChipFTAC01
AG
Man, I never really thought about how much Yoda and Obi Wan fell off the cliff in just 20 years. For being 800 years old in the PT, those last few years in the Swamp didn't do Yoda any good. Like they say, you have to stay active or it all falls apart.

*meme stolen from a group workout thread.

Rex Racer
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Man, I never really thought about how much Yoda and Obi Wan fell off the cliff in just 20 years. For being 800 years old in the PT, those last few years in the Swamp didn't do Yoda any good. Like they say, you have to stay active or it all falls apart.

Once you reach a certain age, a year or two can make a big difference.
Belton Ag
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Chasing a precocious 10 year old all over the galaxy when she constantly gets kidnapped will put some mileage on a fella.
The Porkchop Express
New Mando poster dropped today.

maroon barchetta
Poser with the Dark Saber
redline248
AG
No kidding. He doesn't shoot left handed, either
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

HYPE
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of my favorite reactor channels on YouTube landed an interview with Tony Gilroy.

It's cool to see that showrunners watch and appreciate reaction videos of their shows.

Some cool discussion here.

The Porkchop Express
I've watched the reaction compilation videos for multiple Mando episodes an unhealthy amount of times in the past 2 weeks.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Serious question, do we have an official "reactor youtube" discussion thread. I'm like TCTTS, I cannot get how these are in any way popular and wonder how people even have the time. I know there was arguing about them, maybe in this thread, but there should be a full discussion from the E Board.
TXAG 05
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Serious question, do we have an official "reactor youtube" discussion thread. I'm like TCTTS, I cannot get how these are in any way popular and wonder how people even have the time. I know there was arguing about them, maybe in this thread, but there should be a full discussion from the E Board.

I'm with you. I just don't get it. It's like my nieces and nephews who sit there all day watching videos of other people playing video games
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Be the change you want to see.
The Porkchop Express
I like seeing other star wars fan experience the same joy that I do when meaningful things happen in episodes. It makes me feel good that in a world of so many cynics and people who seem obsessed with tearing down details and plot points on Twitter that there's a group of true fans who want to share. Whatever their motivations are, and some are clearly not improvising and are easy to weed out, it makes me happy to see their emotions play out. The main reactor mix to Luke Skywalker appearing in the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian is like watching a bunch of grownups realizing, hey there was a Santa Claus all along or here's a bonus hour of your childhood back. If it doesn't do it for you, no problem.
First Page Last Page
Page 1172 of 1261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.