Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,723 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Released 35 years ago today.

The Collective
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

The original version is badass. I remember my older brothers hated me, because I stuck gum in our VHS of ROTJ that they had to pull off the cassette. Our version continued to screw up for about 5 seconds right after the line, "It's an older code, sir, but it checks out". I don't know what happened with that... maybe still in a box somewhere at my parents house.
double aught
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I love this movie. One of the first movies I remember seeing in a theater. Top three moments off the top of my head:

3. "You rebel scum!"
2. The gold bikini
1. "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
bluefire579
AG
double aught said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I love this movie. One of the first movies I remember seeing in a theater. Top three moments off the top of my head:

4. "You rebel scum!"
3. The gold bikini
2. "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
1. "Yub Yub"
FIFY
ChemAg15
AG
1."Missa Jar-Jar Binks"
jokershady
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

top moment for me....Vader's redemption and chunking Palps over the ledge.

Watching this as a young boy that was my first time to see in a movie a big bad guy turning good...and for it to be Vader who's been the bad guy over 3 movies was a really big deal for me.

And yes it was the original version....not the one with the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" crap
double aught
AG
The original trilogy has been on TNT all day.

Question: Is the only time Boba Fett's name is said in the trilogy when Han says "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" just before his apparent demise?
fig96
AG
Yup.

But actual first movie where Boba Fett is mentioned by name: E.T.
C@LAg
double aught said:

The original trilogy has been on TNT all day.

Question: Is the only time Boba Fett's name is said in the trilogy when Han says "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" just before his apparent demise?
It will always be canon to me.

double aught
AG
fig96 said:

Yup.

But actual first movie where Boba Fett is mentioned by name: E.T.
I was unaware.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also the first naming of Walrusman and Snaggletooth!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Well, in actuality, I would say the first official naming of those characters came on the cardboard cards to which the action figures that Elliot was showing to E.T. came in back in, '78 or '79.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

E.T. is the reason I knew any of these names as a kid. (Including Boba Fett and Lando Calrissian.)
TCTTS
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
TCTTS said:

So a female tusken raider? or " Sandsnake people "
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is about to blow up...

https://www.facebook.com/100045330258709/posts/272537647600575/?d=n

Get that kid to Galaxy's Edge, stat!
YNWA_AG
AG
redline248
AG
More fan fiction
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's an Obi-Juan joke here somewhere.
redline248
AG
Obi Juan Queso-bi
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Headed to Florida next week for our triumphant return to Disney. Kids won't know we're going until the morning of.

Doing the cantina this time, and after telling my girls they have to share a droid for a year, going to go ahead and splurge and get them one each.

Also going to allow my wife to fly the Falcon. God help us all!
Saxsoon
AG
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have you been on Rise of the Resistance before?
CoachRTM
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Headed to Florida next week for our triumphant return to Disney. Kids won't know we're going until the morning of.

Doing the cantina this time, and after telling my girls they have to share a droid for a year, going to go ahead and splurge and get them one each.

Falcon ride is frustrating in terms of "gameplay". The visuals and simulator are pretty dang good.

Details of the Falcon ride in spoiler tags in case you don't want to know
There are two pilots, kind of. One controls your vertical motion, one controls the horizontal motion. It's almost impossible to not bump into a ton of things as you're going. From there, others are shooting at bad guys, etc. and it's a lot of fun. I just was one of the pilots my first time and was frustrated at how ridiculous the flying part of it was.

Rise of the Resistance is the best ride at Disney. (IMO) Right up there, above Flight of Passage. It was a little better pre-COVID when the cast members were able to get into the character of the ride and interact with the guests (imagine the Star Wars version of the cast members at the elevator for Tower of Terror), but still, it's remarkable. Go in without watching online videos if you can.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Did that for my daughter's second trip to WDW, Thanksgiving 2013. Wife pulled her out of school under the guise of going to a doctor, when she got home from school she was surprised to see me waiting for her, and I told her (keeping in mind we left on a Wednesday) that the Aggies had a football game out of town (they did, LSU) that we were going to. But the fib didn't last long, and the wife and I both looked at each other then at her and said, nah, we're going to Disney World! The look on her face was priceless.
Saxsoon
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

My parents pulled this twice on me and my sister for WDW and third time for a Disney cruise. Every single moment is stuck in my mind and they will love you for it. Hell they incredibly pulled one over on me in high school because we ended up driving 4 hours away to New Mexico to catch a flight to Orlando
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CoachRTM said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Falcon ride is frustrating in terms of "gameplay". The visuals and simulator are pretty dang good.

There are two pilots, kind of. One controls your vertical motion, one controls the horizontal motion. It's almost impossible to not bump into a ton of things as you're going. From there, others are shooting at bad guys, etc. and it's a lot of fun. I just was one of the pilots my first time and was frustrated at how ridiculous the flying part of it was.

Rise of the Resistance is the best ride at Disney. (IMO) Right up there, above Flight of Passage. It was a little better pre-COVID when the cast members were able to get into the character of the ride and interact with the guests (imagine the Star Wars version of the cast members at the elevator for Tower of Terror), but still, it's remarkable. Go in without watching online videos if you can.

This will be our third time at galaxy's edge, Anaheim 19 and Orlando 20. Have been on the falcon twice and rise once.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CL-Yf-QFkzl
wangus12
AG
CoachRTM said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

When my wife and I went in November we did the Falcon twice. Just the two of us in the cockpit. 2nd go around, I stood between the chairs and control vert & horizontal. It was awesome
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Three years ago today.

bluefire579
AG
But what about the thin lightsabers?
ja86
AG
**** thin light sabers and lackluster graphics, it was a great story.
TXAG 05
AG
Rebels is so good. If you are a Star Wars fan and haven't watched it, you are missing out big time.
redline248
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Rebels is so good. If you are a Star Wars fan and haven't watched it, you are missing out big time a chump.

fify
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thought I'd throw this idea out before I head off to Batuu tomorrow morning.

I know there are several people who enjoy writing on the thread. I wanted to throw out the idea of a TexAgs Star Wars short story compilation in the vein of the "A Certain Point of View" anthologies that have come out the last couple of years.

My plan would be for anyone who wants to submit one to send me the character's name (NOT NOW) and your own email address. I'd create you a document in Google Drive and you could write your story there.

When you're done, let me know and I'll give it a light GSP edit but otherwise leave it alone. A minimum of 750 words, a maximum of 2,500. Any character and plot is eligible, other than pron or intensely bashing a movie, director, or actor/actress.

When they're all done and ready to roll, would post a link here so people could read them all, maybe keep the authors anonymous and have a poll for the best story or 2 or 3. Then reveal authors at the end.

If there is any interest, give me an old thumbs up or blue star and I'll try to make it a thing the week of the 22nd when I get back.

If you think this is the dumbest idea alive, feel free not to say so.
First Page Last Page
Page 1018 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.