Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,026 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll withhold judgement until I see actual gameplay. F2P will be fine as long as it isn't P2W. There's a ton you can do with cosmetics in the Star Wars universe, so they shouldn't *have* to go the P2W route, and console F2P tend to not be that way, but you never know until you see it.
double aught
AG
twilly said:

Slept with these two last night. You know....just in case.
I hope you didn't take him to the first marker.
twilly
AG
double aught said:

twilly said:

Slept with these two last night. You know....just in case.
I hope you didn't take him to the first marker.
I may be going to hell, but not for that reason.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
TCTTS
AG
Thoughts?

TCTTS
AG
(For the record, I 100% agree, and support the overall Luke arc/decision. My only real problems with TLJ are the Canto Bight of it all and Luke dying in XIII as opposed to IX.)
redline248
AG
My issue with that is that the original trilogy dealt with Luke's hero journey already. He was the bright eyed youth, that learns about the Force and helps take down the big bad. Then, he goes through a deeper struggle...learns about Vader, loses his arm and best friend. THEN, he flirts on the edge of becoming the bad guy and pulls it back just at the end of the trilogy to complete the path.

Why did we need him to nearly murder a sleeping teen? To be taught how not to be a grumpy old man by a prodigy?
jeffk
AG
I just realized that the Creed movies handled Rocky's character better than the newest SW trilogy handled Luke's.
hunter2012
AG
Speculation that Mando season 3 is at minimum delayed and may not happen period, Pedro is a lead for "Last of Us" on HBO. But if Gina and Pedro are both gone...

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if Disney kills the golden goose for Disney+. Sure seems like Lucasfilm is rudderless still.
TCTTS
AG
Please never ever listen to YouTube talking heads when it comes to industry news. These guys are almost all clickbait hacks. Also, there's absolutely no way Pascal's Last of Us deal wasn't negotiated with The Mandalorian in mind. That's not a thing that happens. There are all kinds of SAG union rules and regulations when it comes to booking multiple shows. There was a protocol that was surely followed, Disney was surely aware of it, they surely had input, etc.
C@LAg
it was already somewhat delayed.

they indicated they were shooting Boba Fett first before moving on to Mando S3.

Boba will be airing in the December slot. Mando at a later point .
hunter2012
AG
I do agree that they could plan around this, much of his lines are in a sound booth anyway, but there seems to be at least some backlash over the Carano incident. They may be clickbait hacks but their still getting a lot of clicks, I would think the number of views indicates fan opinions. For whatever that's worth anyway.
bluefire579
AG
hunter2012 said:

I do agree that they could plan around this, much of his lines are in a sound booth anyway, but there seems to be at least some backlash over the Carano incident. They may be clickbait hacks but their still getting a lot of clicks, I would think the number of views indicates fan opinions. For whatever that's worth anyway.
That's what clickbait does. It's not fan opinions, it's fans freaking out about what they think might ruin a favorite show of theirs, and it certainly doesn't give them credibility. At the end of the day, it's ****ty "journalism" using **** tactics to draw in clicks to make money.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

(For the record, I 100% agree, and support the overall Luke arc/decision. My only real problems with TLJ are the Canto Bight of it all and Luke dying in XIII as opposed to IX.)
I actually love the idea of Canto Bight, it introduced these real shades of gray into a world that's always been very black and white. It was just super clunky and didn't really work.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Well put. The idea of wealthy arms dealers and what not in the Star Wars universe is interesting and could be really cool. It's just that we got the prequel version of it.
Saxsoon
AG
I enjoyed Canto Bight because it did add a layer of depth to the universe (I am also a sucker for space politics in the prequels) but it could have been better.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Claude!
TCTTS said:

Thoughts?

Even if that statement is absolutely fact, it fails to take into account the equally absolute fact that Star Wars was made to sell action figures.

But I'm a little biased, as I thought Episode VIII was the cinematic equivalent of afterbirth.
YouBet
AG
Claude! said:

TCTTS said:

Thoughts?

Even if that statement is absolutely fact, it fails to take into account the equally absolute fact that Star Wars was made to sell action figures.

But I'm a little biased, as I thought Episode VIII was the cinematic equivalent of afterbirth.

Episode VIII supporters: Which is a delicacy in some cultures.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CLegFKfleJl

So that's what happened to Star Wars Kid.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Why didn't Vader kill Chewbacca when he flipped out before the carbon freezing of Han? He actually showed some restraint.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://instagr.am/p/CLegFKfleJl

So that's what happened to Star Wars Kid.
That guy is awesome at that!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
canadiaggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CLe8CoIBR_-

Clearly Armani Watts is a huge Star Wars nerd like the rest of us. Named his daughter Leia Rey!

Congrats Armani!!!
Decay
AG
canadiaggie said:

https://instagr.am/p/CLe8CoIBR_-

Clearly Armani Watts is a huge Star Wars nerd like the rest of us. Named his daughter Leia Rey!

Congrats Armani!!!

Why not Rey Leia, obviously a toxic nerd trying to erase POC by demoting the Sequels behind the OT
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
jeffk
AG
Interesting! Wonder where this series picks up - after their episodes on the last season of Clone Wars or much earlier to provide backstory.
kdm_01
AG
Don't think I would have ever asked for a Bad Batch spin-off, especially in preference to many other aspects of Star Wars. But I know I'll be watching anyway!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Back in 2002, a buddy and I downloaded Podracer off Limewire at our office, then networked our machines to play head to head. Then it took so much memory that it crashed the entire company's network to the point that the president came from a different city to figure out what the heck had happened. We were able to delete it before he put the pieces together.
dave94
AG
jeffk said:

Interesting! Wonder where this series picks up - after their episodes on the last season of Clone Wars or much earlier to provide backstory.

I read somewhere it will be post-Clone Wars
ChipFTAC01
AG
We didn't ever see them in Rebels did we? Just the 2 or 3 episodes in tcw?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is it going to be animated?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, it would've been a lot easier to just hook up an N64 in the break room.
kdm_01
AG
The were created in season 6 (post Rebels) and it is animated. Will be curious to see what they focus on.
First Page Last Page
Page 1017 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.