Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,970 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://collider.com/benedict-cumberbatch-thrawn-casting-comments-the-mandalorian/

I'd be ok with this
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I shot down 13 TIE fighters on Smuggler's run this afternoon. My daughter plugged seven. My other daughter and my wife flew the Falcon so poorly I'm not sure either one of them should ever be behind the controls of a motorized vehicle again.

Did the Droid depot this time with both of them. My super fan built a red & blue R2 unit with an R5 head. My occasional fan built an all-purple BB unit that - not kidding - didn't work at first because of a bad motivator.

Rise of the Resistance perhaps even more awesome than the first time, it took us on a different track in the AT-AT room.

Also, holy eff is it hot here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Try the blue milk. Very refreshing.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I couldn't remember what an r5 looked like which led me to this article. What a cool little back story for "Red".

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/R5-D4
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The droids we were looking for.

gougler08
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Geez...make your bed you slob
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Geez...make your bed you slob
That's what the Disney staff is for....
gougler08
AG
They prefer to be called cast members
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Yeah, they're all cast members.

Those cast members who clean the hotel rooms ... they really did a great job on our room at one of the cheap resorts on our first trip about a decade ago when my youngest was 5. They took any number of my daughter's Disney dolls and would pose them with some of the towels they would fold into a Mickey head or what-have-you, and they'd be "watching" the TV when we returned from the parks. We told the daughter that Minnie Mouse was doing all that while we were away.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah, that's pretty cool. Small stuff like this is what makes Disney resorts a great experience.
bluefire579
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

gougler08 said:

Those cast members who clean the hotel rooms ... they really did a great job on our room at one of the cheap resorts on our first trip about a decade ago when my youngest was 5. They took any number of my daughter's Disney dolls and would pose them with some of the towels they would fold into a Mickey head or what-have-you, and they'd be "watching" the TV when we returned from the parks. We told the daughter that Minnie Mouse was doing all that while we were away.
That's cute.

Kind of just speaks overall to what makes Disney World and Disneyland so special. It's not just about the rides or attractions, but from start to finish is about the experience. It's an attention to detail that makes it so easy to get lost in (and of course, separate you from your hard earned money).
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
bluefire579 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

gougler08 said:

That's cute.

Kind of just speaks overall to what makes Disney World and Disneyland so special. It's not just about the rides or attractions, but from start to finish is about the experience. It's an attention to detail that makes it so easy to get lost in (and of course, separate you from your hard earned money).
Agreed. It's the entire experience, from the moment you step foot on the bus at the Orlando airport (which I've read they are actually eliminating, not sure why or what they will replace with) to check-in to getting into your room, and of course at the parks. It's kinda funny when you arrive - you can see the look of joy on your kids' faces, and maybe you as the adult even feel a bit of that yourself; and then you see other families rolling their luggage from their rooms, and the looks on their faces are opposite.

More attention to detail ... our last trip was Thanksgiving 2019. We booked lunch at Teppan Edo, a Japanese restaurant in Epcot. Our chef had a lot of fun showing off to our now teen girls by cutting veggies and meats and shaping them into Disney-themed shapes right before throwing them on the grill (highly recommend this restaurant).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
When we stayed at the Riverside Hotel in 2018 they left handwritten notes from Tiana with dolls of her and her tiara for our girls in the room. Last year, we came back the first night to a brand new Frozen story book, 2 Frozen cookies and a plush Olaf. They have had to scale that stuff way back due to Covid19 but still doing distanced character interactions. Kylo Ren stared down my superfan and told her he could read her thoughts and knew her sympathies lay with the resistance yesterday. She told him he was a jerk for killing his dad.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

When we stayed at the Riverside Hotel in 2018 they left handwritten notes from Tiana with dolls of her and her tiara for our girls in the room. Last year, we came back the first night to a brand new Frozen story book, 2 Frozen cookies and a plush Olaf. They have had to scale that stuff way back due to Covid19 but still doing distanced character interactions. Kylo Ren stared down my superfan and told her he could read her thoughts and knew her sympathies lay with the resistance yesterday. She told him he was a jerk for killing his dad.
That's awesome!
Saxsoon
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

gougler08 said:

Stuff like this made working a retail job so worth it at Disney. I worked at the All Star resorts in their shops 12 years ago. It was a blast and would do it again.
gougler08
AG
Heading to Disney in June with the whole family (first time we've taken them all) and staying at Saratoga Springs, and agree it's the little things outside of the parks that make it such a unique and fun experience
Red Five
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

If you would only have built one Droid, which type would you go for having done both? I'm going next month and trying to decide which one to build.
bluefire579
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

bluefire579 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

gougler08 said:

That's cute.

Agreed. It's the entire experience, from the moment you step foot on the bus at the Orlando airport (which I've read they are actually eliminating, not sure why or what they will replace with) to check-in to getting into your room, and of course at the parks. It's kinda funny when you arrive - you can see the look of joy on your kids' faces, and maybe you as the adult even feel a bit of that yourself; and then you see other families rolling their luggage from their rooms, and the looks on their faces are opposite.

More attention to detail ... our last trip was Thanksgiving 2019. We booked lunch at Teppan Edo, a Japanese restaurant in Epcot. Our chef had a lot of fun showing off to our now teen girls by cutting veggies and meats and shaping them into Disney-themed shapes right before throwing them on the grill (highly recommend this restaurant).
We call this "Disneyed out", but when we see it (we do Disneyland almost annually), it's always either kids throwing a fit or passed out in strollers or on benches. So much excitement for even just one day is exhausting, not to mention multi-day trips.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Red Five said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

If you would only have built one Droid, which type would you go for having done both? I'm going next month and trying to decide which one to build.
Definitely the BB8. Its movement is very natural. The R2 has to have its legs just so to not tip over anytime you move it.
AliasMan02
AG
Ezra Bridger may have been cast. This is fans putting together some vaguegramming... but kinda checks out?

Red Five
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Red Five said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Definitely the BB8. Its movement is very natural. The R2 has to have its legs just so to not tip over anytime you move it.
That's where I was leaning. Pretty sure the kids would vote BB8 too.
YouBet
AG
On Disney, if any of you ever get to do the behind the scenes customer service philosophy/training/course deal through a corporate training partnership then jump all over that.

My wife got to do this a few years back and it's fascinating insight into how they run that park.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Ezra Bridger may have been cast. This is fans putting together some vaguegramming... but kinda checks out?

oh?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Being Ezra would be a whole new world, don't you dare close your eyes!

twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
AliasMan02
AG
This is awesome, but genuinely surprising. I've felt like Lucasfilm has always distanced from this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Best version of Mace Windu.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Best version of Mace Windu the entire prequel cast of characters.

Fify
redline248
AG
I like it, but there are some pretty silly things in that show. The speeder bike jousting is one that comes to mind.
twilly
AG
redline248 said:

I like it, but there are some pretty silly things in that show. The speeder bike jousting is one that comes to mind.

If you like silly, guess what else is coming to D+

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
redline248
AG
I loved that Ewoks TV show as a kid. Battle for Endor was cool, too. However, I'm sure it will be like the time I tried to watch Gummy bears, recently. Terrible

Oh, and my 6 year old will love those clone wars cartoons. He loves the clones, and he still hasn't seen them in anything except the cgi movie. I can't remember how he became aware of them.

I remember what it was. He has a few of those kids star wars books, like golden book and an ABC of Star Wars that has them. Easy to see those were published before the Disney acquisition, as they are full of prequel stuff. Like "K is for Kaminoan," and "N is for N-1 Star fighter."
Keegan99
AG
Still no Holiday Special.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Keegan99 said:

Still no Holiday Special.
Lucas dropped that to the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

This is awesome, but genuinely surprising. I've felt like Lucasfilm has always distanced from this.
Probably because it was better than the Prequels.
Farmer1906
AG
fig96 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Probably because it was better than the Prequels.

They're absolutely amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 1019 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.