Star Wars Discussion Thread

4,386,563 Views | 36957 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Personally, I hope he doesn't return. However, he only lost a hand and fell. Maul lost his lower half and fell, and didn't die.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright fellow Star Wars nerds....who celebrated by watching the original Star Wars holiday special and celebrated Life Day?
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We watched the Star Wars Lego Holiday Special. Does that count?

Pretty silly, but entertaining.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachRTM said:

We watched the Star Wars Lego Holiday Special. Does that count?

Pretty silly, but entertaining.
ha! That's exactly why I called out the original. The lego version wasn't all that great but it was Citizen Kane when compared to the George Lucas original holiday special....I swear when I first watched it due to its infamy I couldn't even get past the scrolling text at the beginning it was so damn awful
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The episode of Star Wars Gallery is on Disney+ (Behind the scenes of Mando)
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 5 year old son got Magnatiles for Christmas. Here is one of the first things he built

AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In fairness, Lucas had nothing to do with either holiday special.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really like TLJ, and I realize many don't. While there are some parts I don't really care for, I love how thoughtful and deliberate the choices made were. This tweet (and thread) highlighting the differences in process between JJ and RJ is so interesting and telling to me.

I know many here disagree with the choice RJ made, but I don't think you can deny that they were all made with purpose and thematic intent.

Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I really like TLJ, and I realize many don't. While there are some parts I don't really care for, I love how thoughtful and deliberate the choices made were. This tweet (and thread) highlighting the differences in process between JJ and RJ is so interesting and telling to me.

I know many here disagree with the choice RJ made, but I don't think you can deny that they were all made with purpose and thematic intent.




This feels very relevant from that Twitter thread

AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha. I almost said "welcome to the Internet" but it's actually "welcome to every facet of your life today."
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The excerpts in that thread are pretty awesome though. I don't mind something not working as much if there was thought and intent behind the effort.
Agsrback12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The sequels were all trash. Hopefully Lucas and company can fix TLJ and TROS when they re-release different versions in 2022.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agsrback12 said:

The sequels were all trash. Hopefully Lucas and company can fix TLJ and TROS when they re-release different versions in 2022.


Would love to see this announcement. That's pretty big news.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agsrback12 said:

The sequels were all trash. Hopefully Lucas and company can fix TLJ and TROS when they re-release different versions in 2022.
Lucas doesn't own Star Wars anymore.
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I really like TLJ, and I realize many don't. While there are some parts I don't really care for, I love how thoughtful and deliberate the choices made were. This tweet (and thread) highlighting the differences in process between JJ and RJ is so interesting and telling to me.

I know many here disagree with the choice RJ made, but I don't think you can deny that they were all made with purpose and thematic intent.




I disagree with this. If everything was deliberate and intentional, what was the point of Finn's part of the plot going to the casino world only to do nothing really and come back? You could eliminate basically every scene with Finn and Rose until they make it to the last battle and the movie would just become more streamlined.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That never ending segment of the movie is reason #1 why I can't stomach the idea of rewatching the movie.

#2 - Leia Poppins
#3 - Godspeed, rebels.. so ****ing cheesy
#4 - Neutering Luke
#5 - Killing Snoke and never attempting a deeper dive into his character, paving the way for all of the build up to be the equivalent of throwing a lightsaber over your shoulder.
#6 - Throwing the lightsaber over his shoulder
#7 - Dino manatee milking
#8 - Poe being a whiney *****
#9 - Ignoring basic laws of physics with the bomb dropping
#10 - Didnantling every theme and plot build up from the 1st movie.. the one thing that movie got right was setting up characters and motivations.. only for Rian to take a **** all over it in an attempt to appear artsy and different.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I really like TLJ, and I realize many don't. While there are some parts I don't really care for, I love how thoughtful and deliberate the choices made were. This tweet (and thread) highlighting the differences in process between JJ and RJ is so interesting and telling to me.

I know many here disagree with the choice RJ made, but I don't think you can deny that they were all made with purpose and thematic intent.


This could also be as simple as, less effort was put into the art book for Rise.

I think Rian Johnson makes great movies, I really like every other movie he has made.
I could not disagree any more than I do with his choices for Last Jedi. I think he fundamentally didn't understand what the series was about.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got done watching S3 E15 of Rebels...Trials of the Darksaber

how? How in the world am I having more of an emotional connection to this show than anything in the ST? Good god this show is amazing!

Sabine's emotional training sequence with Kanan and her pouring her heart out about her past with her family hit me way more than anything I had anticipated watching this show.


Those of y'all that haven't watched the clone wars series or Rebels....watch it
John Matrix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've always felt this way about TLJ. Experiencing the pure and utter laziness on display in TROS basically sealed that TLJ is going to be the only movie from the sequel trilogy that will be relevant in any meaningful way. TLJ is certainly not perfect, but the stuff that works is some of the best filmmaking Star Wars has ever featured.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John Matrix said:

I've always felt this way about TLJ. Experiencing the pure and utter laziness on display in TROS basically sealed that TLJ is going to be the only movie from the sequel trilogy that will be relevant in any meaningful way. TLJ is certainly not perfect, but the stuff that works is some of the best filmmaking Star Wars has ever featured.
and then you have the casino planet plotline, that makes you wonder how the same director could be responsible for both
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wait, dude. It hits even harder (and I had the very same thought/question you did)
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just finished the clone wars, I know how you feel.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

#9 - Ignoring basic laws of physics with the bomb dropping
I've seen this complaint regarding the opening bombing run frequently. I get it, and I'm not going to attempt to defend the worst Star Wars movie ever put to film (note that I said movie, not TV movie or special). But I will ask ...

Did you miss in any of these movies the parts where starships fly around like WWII fighters? 'Cause that's just not possible.

Did you miss the pivotal moment in the very first Star Wars movie where a whiny farmboy launches some missiles that do a remarkable 90 degree-ish turn down the ventilation shaft opening?

If you're going to accept these, then you should have no issue with a bombing run. Lucas did design his space sequences after WWII aerial combat footage, of which a bunch of "heavy" bombers unloading on a target is a part.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

#9 - Ignoring basic laws of physics with the bomb dropping
I've seen this complaint regarding the opening bombing run frequently. I get it, and I'm not going to attempt to defend the worst Star Wars movie ever put to film (note that I said movie, not TV movie or special). But I will ask ...

Did you miss in any of these movies the parts where starships fly around like WWII fighters? 'Cause that's just not possible.

Did you miss the pivotal moment in the very first Star Wars movie where a whiny farmboy launches some missiles that do a remarkable 90 degree-ish turn down the ventilation shaft opening?

If you're going to accept these, then you should have no issue with a bombing run. Lucas did design his space sequences after WWII aerial combat footage, of which a bunch of "heavy" bombers unloading on a target is a part.


But but Rian
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll never understand the complaints with the bombing run.

There's artificial gravity on the ships. If the bombs are already "falling" out of the ship, they'll just keep going in the same direction in space.
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The bomb thing bothered me way less than it did some of y'all. (actually, didn't bother me at all).

As pointed out, are people forgetting the 90 degree proton torpedos?
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand the complaints with the bombing run.

There's artificial gravity on the ships. If the bombs are already "falling" out of the ship, they'll just keep going in the same direction in space.


That's too convenient an explanation for some on here and online!
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

Just got done watching S3 E15 of Rebels...Trials of the Darksaber

how? How in the world am I having more of an emotional connection to this show than anything in the ST? Good god this show is amazing!

Sabine's emotional training sequence with Kanan and her pouring her heart out about her past with her family hit me way more than anything I had anticipated watching this show.


Those of y'all that haven't watched the clone wars series or Rebels....watch it


Top 5 Rebels episode for me. I hated Sabine's character up to that point.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

#9 - Ignoring basic laws of physics with the bomb dropping
I've seen this complaint regarding the opening bombing run frequently. I get it, and I'm not going to attempt to defend the worst Star Wars movie ever put to film (note that I said movie, not TV movie or special). But I will ask ...

Did you miss in any of these movies the parts where starships fly around like WWII fighters? 'Cause that's just not possible.

Did you miss the pivotal moment in the very first Star Wars movie where a whiny farmboy launches some missiles that do a remarkable 90 degree-ish turn down the ventilation shaft opening?

If you're going to accept these, then you should have no issue with a bombing run. Lucas did design his space sequences after WWII aerial combat footage, of which a bunch of "heavy" bombers unloading on a target is a part.


Ha. That's very fair.

But I will answer you in two words.

The Force.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had more of a problem with having huge slow bombers without any sort of shields that were extremely easy to take out... I think one tie fighter took out 3 of them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ron Howard was recently on the Smartless podcast and all 3 hosts were talking about Solo and plans for a sequel. He said he said there was something in the works for a TV show, and it made me wonder if it might tie into the Book of Boba Fett, or perhaps the Lando show.

If the Book of Boba Fett is some sort of anthology of his previous adventures, a genius idea would be to start with the footage of them putting Captain Solo in the cargo hold from ESB, then go into an inner cabin scene with Fett gloating on finally capturing Solo (although hard to top the Robot Chicken version of this) - then take that into a flashback of a first or earlier meeting with Solo - bringing back Alden Ehenriech, Lando (Donald Glover) and Fett - de-aged I suppose.

The anthology format - if that's what this is, could be about as amazing as anything, pulling in other ealier bounty hunters from the PT and OT, along with guys like Cad Bane, having him work for Vader, etc.
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ron Howard was recently on the Smartless podcast and all 3 hosts were talking about Solo and plans for a sequel. He said he said there was something in the works for a TV show, and it made me wonder if it might tie into the Book of Boba Fett, or perhaps the Lando show.

If the Book of Boba Fett is some sort of anthology of his previous adventures, a genius idea would be to start with the footage of them putting Captain Solo in the cargo hold from ESB, then go into an inner cabin scene with Fett gloating on finally capturing Solo (although hard to top the Robot Chicken version of this) - then take that into a flashback of a first or earlier meeting with Solo - bringing back Alden Ehenriech, Lando (Donald Glover) and Fett - de-aged I suppose.

The anthology format - if that's what this is, could be about as amazing as anything, pulling in other ealier bounty hunters from the PT and OT, along with guys like Cad Bane, having him work for Vader, etc.
Wouldn't necessarily have to de-age him, just have someone in the suit with Temuera's voice and have him never take off his helmet.

I also really want to see Temuera portray an aged Rex in something live action. His look in the Mandalorian is consistent with how Rex appeared in Rebels, so should be pretty straightforward.
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I watched Solo in the last few weeks (admittedly on my phone while eating lunch at work over the course of a few weeks) and don't remember Fett. What was the context?
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1008 of 1057
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.