Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,748 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I watched Solo in the last few weeks (admittedly on my phone while eating lunch at work over the course of a few weeks) and don't remember Fett. What was the context?
He's not in it, I was suggseting a flashback episode of Book of Boba Fett using the actors from Solo.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Got it. Actually really surprised he wasn't in it given all of the other fan service in the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It is literally impossible to dislike Mark Hamill.
redline248
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Got it. Actually really surprised he wasn't in it given all of the other fan service in the movie.
Boba and Han would not have crossed paths, yet, at the point in time of the Solo movie
Decay
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I figured they'd over explain him like there was a noname Mandolorian drinking Boba tea and someone called him that and loved the name so much he quit his job to run for Mayor as "Boba" Fett and also ran over one of his signature namesake slaves and so renamed his ship from "Two Slaves" to "Slave-1"
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

My first thought was "Did he pick up power converters?" It was only then that I saw what was in his hand. So awesome.
jokershady
AG
This guy....so damn awesome....took me a minute though to figure this one out

To be fair....what he's holding is technically a power "inverter"....but close enough I suppose
twilly
AG
double aught said:

TCTTS said:

My first thought was "Did he pick up power converters?" It was only then that I saw what was in his hand. So awesome.
Reminds me of this from Robot Chicken

TCTTS
AG

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/star-wars-author-rey-finn-romance-last-jedi-retcon-book-1234607015/
Duncan Idaho
twilly said:

double aught said:

TCTTS said:

Reminds me of this from Robot Chicken

All of robot chicken should have been made canon
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Look what came in the mail today!

Ag Since 83
AG
"I expected to see that developed further in ['The Last Jedi']," Foster said. "And zero happened with it. And we all know why zero happened with it and there's no need to go into it in-depth but that's, sadly, just the way things are."
Decay
AG
Foster called "The Last Jedi" both "a terrible film" and "a terrible 'Star Wars' film," adding that his treatment "attempted to explain a lot of the really silly things that happened" in "The Last Jedi."

How dare he besmirch the masterpiece!!
redline248
AG
Quote:

One plot point the treatment retconned was how Rey "suddenly had more Force powers than anybody." Foster came up with a storyline where Rey had a disease that required replacing part of her brain with mechanics, thus making her part droid and more able to quickly acquire a new skillset.

"That gives her the ability to learn remarkably quickly and also enhances her existing Force powers, and that's how she can throw boulders around at the end of Episode VIII,"
How dumb. Doesn't he know that vader losing 75% of his body prevented him from being able to cast force lightning?
bluefire579
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

One plot point the treatment retconned was how Rey "suddenly had more Force powers than anybody." Foster came up with a storyline where Rey had a disease that required replacing part of her brain with mechanics, thus making her part droid and more able to quickly acquire a new skillset.

"That gives her the ability to learn remarkably quickly and also enhances her existing Force powers, and that's how she can throw boulders around at the end of Episode VIII,"
How dumb. Doesn't he know that vader losing 75% of his body prevented him from being able to cast force lightning?
Yeah, pretty sure that was the explanation given for that
YouBet
AG
Foster sounds like a whiny bi^ch in that article so basically like all of us.

Two things:

1. I've read the novelization of Star Wars and factoring it stand alone without considering it's based on a movie and it's one of the worst books ever written. It reads like a short story we all wrote in 7th grade.

2. Splinter in a Minds Eye is trash.

The only reason he's considered a legend in Star Wars is because he got the initial nod to write SW books. I would be a legend too.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
YouBet said:

Two things:

1. I've read the novelization of Star Wars and factoring it stand alone without considering it's based on a movie and it's one of the worst books ever written. It reads like a short story we all wrote in 7th grade.

The only reason he's considered a legend in Star Wars is because he got the initial nod to write SW books. I would be a legend too.
You just trashed two prized memories of my childhood ...

but given that I've read neither of those books since then, I can't necessarily dispute your take.
YouBet
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

YouBet said:

Two things:

but given that I've read neither of those books since then, I can't necessarily dispute your take.

They really are bad though. I was kind of floored how truly simple Star Wars was when you actually read it in novel form. Made for a great movie but a terrible book.
twilly
AG
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
YouBet said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

YouBet said:

Two things:

They really are bad though. I was kind of floored how truly simple Star Wars was when you actually read it in novel form. Made for a great movie but a terrible book.
You have to put the first book in the proper historical context.
I actually read the book early in 1977 before the movie was released. I had seen the trailer and couldn't resist when I saw the book for sale. My 12 year old nerdy self thought the book was pretty good. It helped that i could see myself as Luke rescuing a princess.

Then when I saw the movie and the first post-scroll shot was a 3-D space battle with a ship entering the screen above my head. Well, it still gives me shivers.

And then I bought Splinter of the Minds Eye, because "NEW STAR WARS!". And sure enough, it was meh.
I still have both of my original paperback copies if anybody wants to borrow them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
So I'm ALMOST done watching Rebels....any of you who haven't seen this show or clone wars need to get on board cause you have no idea what you're missing!

For those that haven't seen Rebels, I've included tags

holy *****...just.....holy *****....

I knew Kanan was going to die already...I knew it through posts that had been made speculating Mandalorian and other things Star Wars related leaving Kanan out.....and even knowing he was going to die the way they did and how the approached it hit my feels haaaaaaaaaaaaaard....and knowing he was going to die it was even more obvious the episode it was going to happen in 5 minutes in and it still nailed me....

And I thought after that episode I'd be over it....but no.....damnit they just had to go have Chopper hold Hera's hand while she cried over her loss....sweet Jesus this show is amazing.

3 episodes left....Ezra just took a dive in the temple around the circle of wolves running....sad that it's almost over for me but can't wait to see the ending.

Side note: I absolutely love how they worked in the Tie Defenders. I believe they first made their appearance in an old Star Wars game, Rebel Assault 2 that was computer based and on the original PlayStation. They were hammed up big time in the game but then just seemed to be easily destroyed like any other tie fighter so when I saw them in this show was very happy to see how just indestructible of a ship they made it be.
powerbelly
AG
The last 2 season of rebels is so good (other than the thin lightsabers).
redline248
AG
I told you
Dro07
AG
Such a great show. It was number 1 up until that last season of clones was released.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It helps that Filoni likes/understands the old EU and looks to incorporate it where possible if it makes sense. Of course, it also helps that he worked directly with Lucas on TCW. Rebels was my favorite post Disney acquisition material Lucasfilm put out until The Mandalorian.
Gigem314
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Look what came in the mail today!

It just needs the caption "I was wrong"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So epic!

I've always been partial to Celebration over Yub Nub. If this had played at the end of TROS it would've fully broken me.
Saxsoon
AG
Tom Kane, the voice actor for Yoda on the Clone Wars, as well as the prereel narrator apparently suffered a stroke several months ago and currently can barely speak. He has been with Star Wars for a long time, going back to voicing C-3PO in the video games in the mid to late 90s.

ArmyAg2002
AG
jokershady said:

Side note: I believe they [TIE Defenders] first made their appearance in an old Star Wars game, Rebel Assault 2 that was computer based and on the original PlayStation. They were hammed up big time in the game but then just seemed to be easily destroyed like any other tie fighter so when I saw them in this show was very happy to see how just indestructible of a ship they made it be.

Rebel Assault 2 had the TIE Phantom, the Defender was first seen in TIE Fighter.
Ag Since 83
AG
Anyone gonna read Light of the Jedi starting tomorrow?

I suspect the High Republic might lean a little too much into pure fantasy for my tastes but I'll at least give this one a shot, and probably the Claudia Gray book in February as well
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Anyone gonna read Light of the Jedi starting tomorrow?

I suspect the High Republic might lean a little too much into pure fantasy for my tastes but I'll at least give this one a shot, and probably the Claudia Gray book in February as well
I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm finishing a re-read of the Thrawn trilogy with my borther, then have Thrawn Ascendancy, the "From a Certain Point of View" collection from Empire, and Ready Player Two that I got for Christmas. I miss my 9 to 5 working days some times because I had so much time to read, but have to read much slower now, and I'm a slow reader anyways. Maybe in April!
Ag Since 83
AG
I've been rereading the Stackpole X-wing books since the Patty Jenkins announcement and am up to the Bacta War. I've never read beyond that in the X-wing series and I really want to read the Allston books at some point, but I'll probably wait until after Light of the Jedi to start those.

The From a Certain Point of View series is a perfect coffee table book series for me. I'm slowly working through them a chapter at a time
Ag Since 83
AG
Lucasfilm did an author round table on Youtube this morning to launch The High Republic, and I had two "I have a bad feeling about this" moments (that probably sounds more negative than my skepticism is, but it's Star Wars, so what else would I call it)

1. Villains that are moving plants
2. Claudia Gray wanted to create a pilot, but she didn't want to just write a Han Solo or Han Solo Light character, so she created a pilot that she described as "giving 90s Matthew McConaughey a spaceship"

All right, all right, all right
First Page Last Page
Page 1009 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.