Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,904 Views | 43822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Porkchop Express
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

So I'm ALMOST done watching Rebels....any of you who haven't seen this show or clone wars need to get on board cause you have no idea what you're missing!

i had never watched anything but the movies, but after reading here about mandalorian background, i started watching clone wars, thinking it would be a pretty underwhelming kiddie show.

turned out better than expected, and then turned actually really good. I would say there are 25-30 episodes worth watching and the top 10-15 are some of the best star wars material there is, period. As in, up there with New Hope and Rogue 1 at the top of all of Star Wars.

if you havent watched that yet, i'd recommend it.

because of that, i watched rebels too. a lot of people like it but honestly i thought it was much more of a kiddie cartoon. Some pretty bad or irrelevant, some OK. I would say 10-15 episodes were pretty good and a few real good, but overall, way off Clone wars.

If someone did an edit of the best of these two series, with the best edited 50-60% of the 3 prequels, R1, the 3 original movies and Mandalorian, that would be a really enjoyable star wars universe, and the rest (and all the last trilogy of ****) just needs to go into the trash bin.

GreasenUSA
AG
Quote:

If someone did an edit of the best of these two series, with the best edited 50-60% of the 3 prequels, R1, the 3 original movies and Mandalorian, that would be a really enjoyable star wars universe
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSRwn7r6ULbjpDqtqlaHaVpYW2F7QwIGY-f7FPslQjqwylzKAFInDmHD4TGNhU5mAy1d0fVHiTxFF9a/pub

This guy has been working on edits. His chronological cuts of individual arcs are how I recently watched The Clone Wars, and I'm not sure I'd like it if I watched in episode order.

Red Five
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

If someone did an edit of the best of these two series, with the best edited 50-60% of the 3 prequels, R1, the 3 original movies and Mandalorian, that would be a really enjoyable star wars universe
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSRwn7r6ULbjpDqtqlaHaVpYW2F7QwIGY-f7FPslQjqwylzKAFInDmHD4TGNhU5mAy1d0fVHiTxFF9a/pub

This guy has been working on edits. His chronological cuts of individual arcs are how I recently watched The Clone Wars, and I'm not sure I'd like it if I watched in episode order.

That seems like a pretty incredible amount of work. Impressive.

I've also been watching Clone Wars for the first time, just finished the Mortis arc in season 3. I'm watching it straight through in episode order and the time jumps are definitely weird. I didn't realize until the end of S3E2 that those first two episodes of season 3 occurred before S1E5. It added a lot to the season 1 episode that until that time I had thought was underwhelming and oddly out of place.

I have no idea what led them to do that in the first place. Like, did they make an episode about some clone troopers early on and then 2 years later just decide they wanted to add some back story to them? There is no indication of any timeline during the show aside from the intro briefly telling you what is going on in the galaxy at that moment, and thats only helpful if you remember that 2 seasons ago the same battle was featured.

I like the show a lot, but I definitely understand why people go out of their way to find watch order guides.
cbr
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

thank you! cool link. i presume that this is just a matter of downloading from his links to mega or dropbox or something and then from there my ipad should be able to play it? i'll figure it out but if you note some obvious ignorance on my part any input is welcome.

GreasenUSA
AG
I used the torrent links he has towards the bottom, so you will need a torrent client for downloading.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now, imagine it is Bilbo's hobbit-hole.
redline248
AG
It definitely looks like it belongs in fantasy and not sci-fi
The Collective
AG
redline248 said:

It definitely looks like it belongs in fantasy and not sci-fi

Star Wars is not sci fi.
redline248
AG
K
Duncan Idaho
https://io9.gizmodo.com/thomas-kinkades-studio-is-painting-the-mandalorian-now-1845992640
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/thomas-kinkades-studio-is-painting-the-mandalorian-now-1845992640

I wish clucky were still around to give us some Benjamin Knox versions.
Duncan Idaho
I would buy them all
heddleston
AG
Has anyone read "Light of the Jedi" yet? I havent read anything EU since the mid 90s and thought maybe jumping in with the High Republic would be a good jumping in point.
israeliag
AG
Fiege's Star Wars movie gets its writer, the writer behind Dr. Strange 2 and head writer of Loki

https://deadline.com/2021/01/loki-michael-waldron-kevin-feiges-star-wars-movie-as-part-of-newoverall-deal-with-disney-1234665495/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hard to be excited about this before we've seen either one of these.

His IMDB credits are pretty sparse besides those two things. I see 9 episodes of HarmonQuest. No clue what that is.
israeliag
AG
Per the article he had some writing duties and accolades for S4 of Rick & Morty, so I expect HarmonQuest to be Dan Harmon related.
jbryan10
AG
https://vrv.co/series/GRNQZ129R/HarmonQuest

I'm surprised you can get a writing credit for HarmonQuest as it is mostly improvised...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
israeliag
AG
Omg, is Luke Skywalker going to throw Grogu out of a tower?
redline248
AG
"The things I do for the Force"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Sign me the **** up.
redline248
AG
One of those new Leia books has some of that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Which one?
redline248
AG
Bloodline
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sign me the **** up.

I am the weird one who enjoys the politics of the prequel trilogy so yes please
Decay
AG
Finally all those fans who were tired of lightsabers and podracing will get the movie THEY want.

Also, seriously, that might be fun. There's undoubtedly a lot of work with, and a lot of room to play with things as that side's not nearly as fleshed out.

Secondly, why haven't we gotten any more pod racing? Best part of the movie, fun video game, then nothin.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Saxsoon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sign me the **** up.

I am the weird one who enjoys the politics of the prequel trilogy so yes please
Have you read Darth Plagueis?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I imagine the Acolyte might be in this wheelhouse a bit.
redline248
AG
Women talking about the force and their feelings?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good God.

TCTTS
AG
How much did that cost you?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Touche.
TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1010 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.