New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,718 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
"In case you didn't see the trailer that gave away the plot twist about a John Conner Terminator......Let us ruin it for you here!"

Seriously. *****this movie. Bad decisions literally every step of the way.
Except for Khaleesi. Perfect casting, WASTED.

Agreed. But directly on the heels of her casting announcement we got... Jai Courtney.
He was nails as Varro. I really enjoyed him in Spartacus... not sure why he's so rigid everywhere else.
TCTTS
AG
Damn it, I actually like this clip. Granted, it's short and simple, but comes across as more competent than I was expecting. I was almost ready to enjoy NOT looking forward to this movie...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/terminatorgenisys/
jokershady
AG
Ok....****....im officially excited now....I dont know why but that little nod to the original with Nike shoes was just....perfect....

I'm starting to think this movie might be smarter than what we had thought.....boy I hope so....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The shot-for-shot redoing of the scene from Terminator really gets me excited.

And then they throw in the T-1000.

Seems like it'll be fan service turned up to 11, but I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff.
Fat Bib Fortuna
mild script spoilers ahead, but not if you've seen the latest trailers.

The part set in 1984 read fantastic in the script, but when they go to another time, things suck and when Jon Connor becomes Termi-connor, they really suck.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm looking forward to reading about this one on Wikipedia.

Yup.
TCTTS
AG
Had completely forgot about Termi-connor. Back to loathing...
jeffk
AG
AND YOU'RE A TERMINATOR! YOU'RE A TERMINATOR! EVERYONE'S A TERMINATOR!
Motel California
S
I've become less and less excited about this film as time gets closer to it's release and I'm a huge terminator fan. I'll still go see it.. Possibly twice
Sex Panther
AG
I can't wait for this to come out just to see TC's review due to his hatred for Jai Courtney.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Damn it. This gets me fired up all over again. Cameron saying everything he's saying, spliced together with all these clips (which, again, actually look pretty good), has me wanting to see this thing way more than I know I should...

double aught
AG
Some thoughts:

I'm disappointed (though not surprised) with how much of this movie they keep voluntarily spoiling.

James Cameron looks young.

I liked his dis of the third and fourth movies.
TCTTS
AG
My one gripe: I you can do a young, CGI version of Schwarzenegger, you can do a young, CGI version of Bill Paxton.
TCTTS
AG

TheEyeGuy
AG
Here's my plot hole going in... if connor comes back as a terminator then that means the machines won in some way or form so there is no need to send termiconnor back
Motel California
S
This is killing me
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
Here's my plot hole going in... if connor comes back as a terminator then that means the machines won in some way or form so there is no need to send termiconnor back
SPOILER SPACE FROM SCRIPT

In the script, the humans knock out Skynet, realize the first T-100 has been sent back and as they are sending back Reese to stop it, he sees one of the other soldiers come up behind Connor and attack him and sees the flurry of nano-something activity. They later describe it as a fail safe by Skynet, that activates if they think they've lost for good - sort of like if the US and Russia had gotten in World War III in the 1980s and we won, they activate a sleeper agent to kill Reagan, just to be that guy.
Motel California
S
quote:
My one gripe: I you can do a young, CGI version of Schwarzenegger, you can do a young, CGI version of Bill Paxton.

Is it not a lot cheaper to just go the route they did?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, for sure. I was half joking.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If they're going to the trouble of using the same clothes and the same location, why not keep the same hair?
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, for sure. I was half joking.

I think they did a pretty good job on recreating the punk rocker characters. That Mohawk[/laughCry

That featurette really has me excited. As it was posted, im surprised on how much of the film has been exposed already. I feel like I've seen half the movie

TCTTS
AG
quote:
If they're going to the trouble of using the same clothes and the same location, why not keep the same hair?

Yeah, I didn't quite get that. Why not get it exact? That said, I'm sure they'll have some kind of butterfly effect explanation that caused tiny variations or something...
Motel California
S
"Nice night for a walk eh"
Motel California
S
Take a guess at which person I am in the video

jabberwalkie09
AG
Reviews are starting to come out apparently.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/first-reviews-terminator-genisys-arent-exactly-glowing/
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Oh, and Star wars is a summer franchise, and that will not be changing. Book it.
Motel California
S
I'm going to see this movie next Tuesday at 7pm.
VanZandt92
I'm going to turn my brain off when I go see this one. I don't give two sheets about Sky net.
zgood10
AG
Sporting a modest 14% so far on RT
TCTTS
AG
A lot of critics I follow on Twitter got out of a screening earlier tonight are absolutely bashing the hell out of this movie.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
I love this franchise, but it's maybe the most disappointing major property in Hollywood.
Motel California
S
Going today to see it. 7pm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh, and Star wars is a summer franchise, and that will not be changing. Book it.

Well, after VII it'll be back where it belongs. Blame Bob Iger.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.