New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,217 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really hope this movie is at least decent. I hate seeing a great franchise like this take such a nosedive in quality.
tamusc
AG
While there were two great movies to start, there hasn't been anything decent related to it in the 24 years since. I'm just not that optimistic, especially given the trailer giving away a huge plot twist and the early reactions that have been coming out.
double aught
AG
quote:
I'm just not that optimistic, especially given the trailer giving away four huge plot twists and the early reactions that have been coming out.
FIFY
TCTTS
AG
As much as I love the first two movies, two movies was stretching it. This isn't a franchise. Or, rather, they should have been telling completely different stories in this world (at least Salvation tried in that regard). This is now the FOURTH time the same general scenario has gone down: machines send a robot back to kill either John or Sara, and either Schwarzenegger or Reese protects them. It's just comical at this point. Let these movies die. Then, in 10 years or so, reboot the whole damn thing with a fresh start and a solid, three or four movie plan that doesn't essentially repeat itself over and over again.
Gig-Em2003
AG
quote:
As much as I love the first two movies, two movies was stretching it. This isn't a franchise. Or, rather, they should have been telling completely different stories in this world (at least Salvation tried in that regard). This is now the FOURTH time the same general scenario has gone down: machines send a robot back to kill either John or Sara, and either Schwarzenegger or Reese protects them. It's just comical at this point. Let these movies die. Then, in 10 years or so, reboot the whole damn thing with a fresh start and a solid, three or four movie plan that doesn't essentially repeat itself over and over again.
I agree with all of this except the concept of rebooting. Just be done with it (wishful thinking, I know). I'm hoping after the box office grosses come in for this one, it will be left for dead. The one caveat would be whether or not international audiences throw a ton of money at it. If so, expect more of this drivel.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Terminator and Alien are two properties that should have stopped after their sequels, but just refuse to gracefully bow out.
Sex Panther
AG
This movie looks so terrible, generic and uninteresting. It's pretty tough to get me to stay home from a Summer blockbuster, but I just have no desire whatsoever to see this.

The only thing I'm remotely curious about is the undoubtedly ridiculous explanation for why Arnold is old looking now, and somehow seems to have gotten a new range of emotions in his software update.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Went back farther and aged like a human.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, trust me, I agree. I'd rather it go away for good, but a completely fresh reboot in a decade or so could be kind of cool. I'm talking like totally scrapping all the current timelines, no Schwarzenegger, etc. Keep the same basic conceit, but really open up the possibilities and make it its own.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, T2 was the perfect ending to the series.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'd love to see more of the actual machine war in the future. Something similar to the Bale arc of salvation without the hybrid terminator and the heart transplant. Show Connor coming into his own after the destruction of the human organized military effort. Guerrilla tactics. Two movies, maybe three and then the final one ending with Skynet sending a hulking terminator back after the humans "won." Don't even acknowledge Reese going back... just show the backside of a terminator being sent back (make him Arnoldish in build but don't show it's face) and just end the movie. Make this the first timeline without Connor having the knowledge of the future that he was going to be the great leader. Show him becoming that on his own.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They were never going to make a better movie than T2, unless they had waited for CGI to come into its own and make a full-on Skynet vs. human resistance, massive battles, Ahnulds EVERYWHERE fighting, movie. Basically a full-n version of the scant future battle scenes we saw in 1 & 2.

Carlo4
AG
T2 would have been perfect if team Connor didn't forget Arnolds arm in the belt.... AGAIN

Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
I agree with all of this except the concept of rebooting. Just be done with it (wishful thinking, I know). I'm hoping after the box office grosses come in for this one, it will be left for dead. The one caveat would be whether or not international audiences throw a ton of money at it. If so, expect more of this drivel.

I predict it will make over 400 mil world wide
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Was this explained in one of the last two movies? I don't remember them at all. Why is he getting older?
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:

Was this explained in one of the last two movies? I don't remember them at all. Why is he getting older?

My guess is that, since he's Kyle's father figure they wanted to make him look as human as possible to Kyle. I've been curious myself but this is all I could come up with
TCTTS
AG
The explanation in this movie is that, because it's actual human skin on the Terminator, it ages like a human's would. Dumb, but that's what they're apparently going with.
TCTTS
AG
Not skin taken from a human, but you know what I mean.
Motel California
S
quote:
The explaining in this movie is that, because it's actual human skin on the Terminator, it ages like a human's would. Dumb, but that's what they're apparently going with.

Hypothetically though... Wouldn't it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure they throw the arm into the molten steel. Either way, they got rid of the chip and destroyed all the research, and that is what really mattered.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
The explaining in this movie is that, because it's actual human skin on the Terminator, it ages like a human's would. Dumb, but that's what they're apparently going with.

Hypothetically though... Wouldn't it?

I mean, I guess, but if they A) can synthesize human skin, B) build A.I. robots, and C) invented TIME TRAVEL, I feel like they'd be able to create skin that doesn't age.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Of all concepts one must be willing to accept to buy into a Terminator/Skynet time travel world, the concept that living flesh used to conceal a terminator would age is very easy for me to accept.
Motel California
S
******SPOILERS******

This is one of those films that you have to wait for the credits to end to see a short piece of the movie. That esstenatially leads you to a potential sequel.

Towards the end of movie when Arnold is killed off.. They actually brought him back which I wasn't expecting at all. The coolest thing was, he was brought back as an upgraded Terminator and one in which I would have never expected. Very, very cool. Arnold finished the entire movie unlike any other Terminator movie

I didn't like how the played the Terminator theme song during so many of the Terminator battle scenes between Arnold and the other Terminators. That was cheesy.

I had been afraid going into this movie that Arnolds charter would be over done and or Arnold himself would over due things. That wasn't the case. I thought they did a excellent job with his role. They also did an excellent job with his makeup making him looked "aged" and also looking like he did in T2 when his age/look needed that for the scene. Same could be said for the CG for the 1984 scene.

The 1984 scene was rushed but the fight scene there was good. I liked most of the fight scenes.

Overall the story/plot was good. Some twist and turns that you simply don't see in the trailer that's for sure.

I'll go back and see this in 3D probably. Tonight I saw it on the regular old screen.
VanZandt92
Sorry, but it's out now?
Motel California
S
Yes
SeattleAgJr
quote:

I'll go back and see this in 3D probably. Tonight I saw it on the regular old screen.
why?
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:

why?

Because you touch yourself
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:

why?

Because you touch yourself
I do! Many many times a week.

But that does not explain why you would subject yourself to this crappy movie more than once. And pay to see it in 3D.
mslags97
AG
Awful movie is awful. Anything above 20% rating is WAY to high!
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Awful movie is awful. Anything above 20% rating is WAY to high!

It wasn't T1 or T2, but it was the best Terminator flick we've had in 20 years.
Motel California
S
Made 44.2 million state side in its 5 day period at the theater. Not good but not terrible
Motel California
S
102.7 million world wide aint bad though. That's the estimated numbers reported today
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$85 million international, which is decent as well.

Looks like it will probably make around $300 million worldwide, maybe a little more.
Motel California
S
quote:
$85 million international, which is decent as well.

Looks like it will probably make around $300 million worldwide, maybe a little more.

I just read 129 million world wide but China doesn't get it till July 11th
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.