New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,188 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
bigjohn1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. I am definitely interested in seeing this played out on the screen.

I stopped after only about a third of the script - want to leave some surprises.

**********Possible Spoilers?**********

I will say that it feels a little like a re-hash of the 3rd Terminator, as far as types of action and scenes - once they get to the past. But not exactly a copy.

After reading this and following along with the trailer, some things do make more sense now.

Though I did hate in the trailer, when it first appeared, that they spoil Byun-hun Lee's character. This would have been a great reveal IN THE THEATER.

I am so tired of people putting together trailers and spoiling major points of the plot, just to show a cool shot or two, but to take almost all of the surprises out of experiencing the movie for the first time.

**********End Spoilers**********
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
New trailer is out.
double aught
AG
Well this trailer spoils even more.

Looks like there's gonna be too much going on in this movie.
Sex Panther
AG
This movie looks absolutely awful, and flat out uninteresting.
double aught
AG
It looks really similar to Terminator Salvation, all the way down to revealing major plot points in the trailers.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
New trailer is out.

This trailer does more for me than the last one. Showing John travels back as some sort of transcendent hybrid is more interesting than trying to hook me with "let's do the same old terminator story for a sixth time"

Still not sure I'll watch it, but I'm curious what's up with John, at least.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pisses me off that they gave away the John Connor thing in the trailer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I really don't see much of a point in seeing the movie after seeing that trailer and reading the script, other than one reason, and that reason is

AHHHH-NULD.

Looks like the old Arnold vs. young Arnold fight has gotten better CGI on it. Young Arnold doesn't look as pasted in there anymore.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Did anyone else feel like they just watched the entire movie from that trailer? I think I can save a few bucks now.
Gig-Em2003
AG
What a disaster.
BigRobSA
quote:
Did anyone else feel like they just watched the entire movie from that trailer? I think I can save a few bucks now.
Literally just watched it and was thinking that same thing.

Probably the worst "Trailer" I think I've ever seen....not due to quality, but overly-spoiltastic content.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe they're going for a fake fake-out and the twist is that it's not actually John Connor and just another Terminator.
AgMarauder04
AG
So...good guys:

Kyle Reese
Old Terminator
Sarah Connor

bad guys:

New T-1000
John Connor Cyborg?

Right?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
J JOnah Jameson is also a good guy.
AliasMan02
AG
This is gonna be disappointing, just because Khaleesi is a damn near perfect Sarah.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
This is gonna be disappointing, just because Khaleesi is a damn near perfect Sarah.
And about 10 times more attractive too. And her American accent seems flawless in the commercials
jbirdag96
AG
Just sent you a script request
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Pisses me off that they gave away the John Connor thing in the trailer.
No kidding. Seems like that was something they should have tried to spring on the audience, but noooooo......

It is nice they just gave us a Cliff Notes of the ENTIRE movie. Maybe the next trailer can show us the ending.
Saxsoon
AG
Wow that is spoilertastic
double aught
AG
It seems like a desperate, lack-of-confidence move to spoil your own film like that.

Also, have we determined why the spelling of Genesis is so badly mangled in the title?
tamusc
AG
quote:
It seems like a desperate, lack-of-confidence move to spoil your own film like that.

Also, have we determined why the spelling of Genesis is so badly mangled in the title?

I assume the spelling is in some kind of play on Cyberdyne.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep, Genisys is a tech/robotics company in the script.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Just sent you a script request

Replied.
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep, Genisys is a tech/robotics company in the script.
That was gonna be my guess.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe the next trailer will have scenes from the sequel to the movie that isn't out yet.

The description of Genisys in the script makes it sound like technology that we already have now.

And the scar on John Connor's face is preposterous.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Maybe the next trailer will have scenes from the sequel to the movie that isn't out yet.

That made me lol.
bedofbrass33
AG
Wow. The Terminator universe could be so amazing. Who the **** lets this **** get made?

Made Marvel can make Terminator movies when they get bored with superhero movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Losing all faith in this.

double aught
AG
The more I think of it, the more stupid a John Conner quasi-terminator sounds.

Love Emilia Clarke though.
Mr. White
The best Terminator movie is called No Country For Old Men. Watch it immediately after you get home from the theater.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"In case you didn't see the trailer that gave away the plot twist about a John Conner Terminator......Let us ruin it for you here!"
TCTTS
AG
quote:
"In case you didn't see the trailer that gave away the plot twist about a John Conner Terminator......Let us ruin it for you here!"

Seriously. *****this movie. Bad decisions literally every step of the way.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
In a summer packed to the brim with movies I'm anticipating, this one barely registers.

If I've got nothing else to do, I may see it after it's been out a few weeks (maybe when I see that it's about to leave the theater).
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Except for Khaleesi. Perfect casting, WASTED.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Except for Khaleesi. Perfect casting, WASTED.

Agreed. But directly on the heels of her casting announcement we got... Jai Courtney.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.