New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,224 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
T1 and T2 are each top 10 all-time favorites for me. The story was told in full in those two movies, and each subsequent movie has been so derivative, so poorly executed and uninteresting (when compared to the two originals) that it's frustrating to see them go back to the well AGAIN in another outright cash grab. Literally nothing about T: Genisis sounds interesting to me.

This will be a huge domestic flop but will make $300MM+ overseas, enough to likely keep the "franchise" going.
Saxsoon
AG
Weird hearing Emilia Clarke with an American accent. Which was surprisingly pretty good. Definitely Linda hamilton-esque
TCTTS
AG
^ She's actually the one thing I like about this trailer. The whole thing still feels like elaborate cosplay, but she at least seems really good at it.
mid90
AG
quote:
^ She's actually the one thing I like about this trailer. The whole thing still feels like elaborate cosplay, but she at least seems really good at it.

I agree.
Sex Panther
AG
Everytime I see Jai Courtney now I cant help but visualize TCTTS's post in a Mean Girls voice in my head saying "Ugh... quit trying to make Jai Courtney happen"
Vander
AG
quote:
Gear?

Slang for performance enhancing drugs such as steroids, hgh, peptides, cutting agents (clenbuterol, DNP, T3, ephedra), etc. it's easier to use a catchall term for all of it since steroids are only a small piece of the PED world.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Everytime I see Jai Courtney now I cant help but visualize TCTTS's post in a Mean Girls voice in my head saying "Ugh... quit trying to make Jai Courtney happen"

Ha. Seriously, it's like he was made from spare Taylor Kitsch/Sam Worthington parts and then had his "bland" setting dialed up to 11.
BTKAG97
AG
quote:
Who does the T1000 get sent back to kill? Sarah? Isn't Kyle suppose to be sent back at the same time as bad Arnold? Why is there a T1000 then?

Who sends Good Arnold back and why doesn't anyone in the future know about that? Is he sent back after Kyle? Why is he sent to protect a child Sarah?

Some of the questions I have after reading this and watching the trailer.

Keep in mind there are thousands of Arnold's made in the future.

Kyle Reese was sent back from 2029.

Storm Shadow and Good Arnold 2 in Genisys may have been sent back from a later date - say 2031.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
I'm 36 and can't imagine being able to get in the same shape as when I was 25. And I wasn't in that great of shape,

Not to derail, but you can still be in fantastic shape at 36. Yea your joints are a bit creakier so you'll have to stretch more and take more time to warm up in order to stay healthy, but as long as you do that, you can get as ripped as you feel like getting. And that's without any drugs. Your body is still producing plenty of testosterone so you can pack on muscle.

As far as Arnold is concerned, yea, that's BS. He's not gonna look like his thirty year old self.
Thunder18
AG
quote:

Just watched the trailer and finally figured out that Jai Courtney is the dude from Spartacus: Blood and Sand
AgPediRPh
AG
Pretty much a T1 reboot. I'll wait for it on HBO
jeffk
AG
I'm going to need a Terminator flow chart.
Gin Rummy
New trailer here ....

... Not really, but this seems pretty accurate.
AliasMan02
AG
Probably too much energy to expend on this movie, and it's a speech I'm sure I've made before, but...

Why does everyone in charge of the Terminator franchise miss out on the best theme/focus of this world? The only incarnation that even approached to getting this right was The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which I know many didn't like, but I thought was solid for this reason:

Make these movies about the Time War, dummies!

In T1, the time machine was a one-off. The machines sent a Terminator through, the humans captured the machine and sent Reese through, and then they destroyed it. Game over, one-shot movie. After it was established in T2 that this wasn't the case, and that both humans and machines had access to time travel, from that point forward the whole franchise should be about the chess match that is played between humans and machines trying to one-up each other and gain advantages in the war to come by eliminating people who would become leaders, stockpiling materials, recruiting, or trying to stop Judgement Day from ever happening to begin with.

That is incredibly fertile ground. It's not all about John and Sarah and frickin Arnold. Do a one-off movie where the machines send robotic agents back to establish some sort of pre-JD stronghold that can go active as soon as the missiles are launched to take out some critical human stronghold, so the humans send back a team to take it out. Tell a story of paranoia about some human turncoats who agree to infiltrate the Resistance for the machines. Hit on things like in TSCC where there is some sort of schism/underground within the machines. John sending guys back to save his future leaders and comrades from the machines, and to recruit them to a cause that doesn't exist yet.

I think it gets even more interesting when you establish that sending anyone back creates parallel timelines (as in TSCC), so you can't even affect your own future, but just the potential futures of other timelines. And, you get different futures converging in a common past, which lets you mix things up and keep the future fluid.

It's a 4D chess match, but all we get to see is "come with me if you want to live" over and over again. Lame.
israeliag
AG
As bad as this looks or may turn out, I do love me some dudu dun dudu... dudu dun dudu...
israeliag
AG
What happened to Sam Worthington or though?

Hollywood doesn't like his acting (I thought he's fiNE as an action star)? Or is he just content on cashing out on Avatar?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
What happened to Sam Worthington or though?

Hollywood doesn't like his acting (I thought he's fiNE as an action star)? Or is he just content on cashing out on Avatar?

He's in the new Jennifer Aniston movie, which looks depressing as hell. He is the most bland, throw away action star I can recall in a long time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No, that would be his poor man's version, Jai Courtney.
MSCAg
AG
Alias, that is what the Sarah Conner Chronicles were going to be....too bad it didn't last.
AggieSouth06
Considering that guy from Avatar has literally zero charisma, this Courtney guy must actually be a personality vortex. Like, others in his transom experience sudden loss of personality.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Alias, that is what the Sarah Conner Chronicles were going to be....too bad it didn't last.
It did have some weak episodes and maybe tried to do too much, too fast, but we enjoyed it.
double aught
AG
There were a few terrible episodes, but Summer Glau in her underwear made up for them.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I actually like Courtney in Spartacus
Thunder18
AG
quote:

Tambien
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

This is the only reason I put him over Worthington.
mid90
AG
Courtney was nails in Jack Reacher.
runontexas
AG
Where's matt smith at
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Courtney was nails in Jack Reacher.

Yeah, he was good in that, wasn't he.
TCTTS
AG
Got my hands on the script yesterday. Read half of it last night... and it's not near as bad as I thought it'd be. That said, it's still fairly generic / been-there-done-that, and I can see it spiraling out of control from the point at which I stopped reading.

Still, if anyone wants a copy, let me know (email my spam account: theohoff20@gmail.com). Would love to hear other's thoughts as well, though I won't be finishing the script myself. I do want to save some surprises for the theater...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i emailed you for a copy, thanks
TCTTS
AG
quote:
i emailed you for a copy, thanks

Just replied with the script attached.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thanks for sharing it. I read the whole thing (no spoilers) - although I mainly focused on the dialogue. Didn't hate it, didn't love it, will probably still go see it because I love Arnold as the Terminator. Definitely a lot more going on in the movie than the trailers have shown though, that was a positive.
bigjohn1
AG
Just emailed you, as well.

Thanks for sharing!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Just emailed you, as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Haven't received anything yet. You get my spam account right?

theohoff20@gmail.com
bigjohn1
AG
Trying again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.