New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,187 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That wasn't the same arm.

Regardless, Term 5 was better than the last two.
scubasteve304
AG
Saw it last night. You could drive a mack truck through the plot holes in this movie. Then again, you could in Jurassic World too but I gave that a pass but it irked me some here. Couldn't begin to tell you why. Nostalgia is funny like that.

Pros: Emilia Clarke is beautiful. Action sets vary in quality but overall they were decent to good. The TermiConner twist I think I would've liked if I hadn't seen it in trailers. Arnold was pretty fun.

Cons: So much of everything else. Just felt clunky and cringy from the dialogue to much of the plot. Was the director from TV? It just felt very matter of factly directed, action while solid wasn't super enthralling and didn't really feel epic unless they were hitting you over the head with the theme music. Jai Courtney does nothing for me. Boring, forgettable and uncharismatic hero, he literally looks like he was mass produced in the same Australian action hero factory as Sam Worthington.

That said it still is probably third best in the franchise. I HATED Salvation. It wasn't horrible. Worth burning some time probably but cant say I have any desire to ever watch it again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Jai Courtney does nothing for me. Boring, forgettable and uncharismatic hero, he literally looks like he was mass produced in the same Australian action hero factory as Sam Worthington.
It's hilarious how similar they look and act.

Worthington is a better actor, though.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I 10 was absolutely at a standstill after work yesterday. Theater near by and instead of sitting for 2.5 hrs in traffic like my wife did, I went and saw this. Was only thing playing I was interested in. But only choice was 3D. 3D wasn't bad, movie plot is tired and worn. Same **** for 30+ years.

I laughed a few times, I liked how they explained Pops age. Was entertaining but nothing new in terms of plot.

At some point with all the time travel they're going to bump into Marty, Doc & Einstein.
gambochaman
AG
i thought it was really good
Rapier108
Saw it a few weeks ago. It was okay, if one didn't take it seriously. Emilia Clarke looks so much better as a brunette.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Saw it a few weeks ago. It was okay, if one didn't take it seriously. Emilia Clarke looks so much better as a brunette.

Agreed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know how this movie was a flop? Nope.

Fourth biggest opening in China.

quote:
It is all-but-assured a spot on the top-twenty biggest grossing movies in China, and if it gets to "just" $166m it will pass Transformers: Dark of the Moon to enter the top ten. And if it merely plays as swiftly as Avengers: Age of Ultron ($33m opening day/$156m five-day debut/$240m total), it still gets to $199m in China and $523m worldwide. If it plays as frontloaded as Furious 7 ($63m opening day, $390m total), it gets to $169m in China. Forget the $400m mark, Terminator Genisys could theoretically become the first US film to fail to top $100m domestic and yet still hit $450m or even $500m worldwide.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.