New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,209 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't the trailer supposed to drop today?
TCTTS
AG
2 PM Central.
redbaron788
AG
Or earlier.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Or earlier.

I just meh'd my pants
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pleasantly surprised with that trailer. Looks like it could be pretty cool. It looks like they're bringing together elements from the first and second.

Also it looks like it's a completely new timeline now, since Arnie shows up and takes out the T-800 before it even reaches Sarah.

Will be interesting to see what direction they go.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nice to see the Terminator program finally getting some ethnic diversity.
Simplebay
AG
Dear God that looks terrible.

YAY another golden gate bridge scene.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jai Courtney does suck though.
bigjohn1
AG
Emilia Clarke
jr15aggie
AG
Doesn't look terrible, but I couldn't help but cringe at the line, "We can stop judgement day from happening". Dude, they did that already in T2... and then were like, "OMG, we can't stop it" in part 3.

I'm sure I can find enjoyment watching another Terminator movie, but any kind of attachment to the story line left a while back I think. T1 & T2 are pretty much the real deal... everything else is just sorta side stories and "what if" scenarios.

PS: The chick in this movie definitely has a strong Linda Hamilton quality to her. If it was their goal to sorta match the original character they did a great job with that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
PS: The chick in this movie definitely has a strong Linda Hamilton quality to her. If it was their goal to sorta match the original character they did a great job with that.
Yeah, looks like she's in full T2-era Linda Hamilton mode, except back in '84.
Sex Panther
AG
Mother of Terminators
AMW2010
AG
Trailer looks cool... But I'm confused as **** after watching that!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Like...sexually?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Mother of Terminators
TCTTS
AG
This seriously looks like sh*t. I cannot get over how bad some of those effects are. Just a saw a tweet that said parts of it look like a motion comic, and that is so spot on. This really does come across as if the SyFy Channel somehow acquired the rights to the franchise and made their version of an utterly pointless sequel.
HeadGames
AG
Looks real bad... But i'll prolly see it anyways because I'm a sad individual.
TCTTS
AG
(^ unfortunately I will too)
Simplebay
AG
Same here.

Its a remakeboot. Reese in the store looking for clothes, made me want to vomit. That ain't Michael Biehn.

And no Robert Patrick. People do realize that role was practically created for him, and how he looked/moved. GFY Storm Shadow.
wangus12
AG
Wow that looks like an insult to the original. I'll still watch it though. Just for Arnold.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
THink if I were them, I'd put this movie out in March or April and try to swipe as much box as I could before Avengers arrives.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Even more from Arnold. This sounds just insane enough that I now have to see this movie...

quote:
"The director wants me to be exactly the same as I was in 1984. Because the person I have human flesh, underneath is a metal skeleton but the human flesh ages just like everyone else does. The skeleton doesn't change. So it has to be the same body, physically the same thing, even though you may have show a little grey and all those things So it's very important that now I step it up with the workout.

I [need to] gain an extra 5-7 pounds of pure muscle and get that body back that I had then so we can switch from Terminator to the character I play now, kind of a Terminator-protector character, so we can switch back and forth to a 25-year old versus a 35-year old versus a 55-year old, when it's in the future of 2029. So all of this and then play around with it, the body will stay the same but the makeup will change and the hair will change."

http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/25/terminators-age-terminator-genesis-to-have-arnolds-out-the-wazoo

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/25/2014 10:41p).]

I just saw the trailer today and found out about this movie. In going back and reading this thread, this is what has stood out to me the most. the fact that 65 year old Arnold basically said, "I just need to hit the gym for a few months and I can basically get back to the same shape I was in when I was 25. Oh yeah, that happened to be when I was a multi time Mr. Universe winner."

I'm 36 and can't imagine being able to get in the same shape as when I was 25. And I wasn't in that great of shape,
mid90
AG
Looks like there will be some entertaining scenes in terms of action, but good grief the plot sucks.

Sent back to save Sarah Conner, but she's already been saved, so that timeline doesn't exist, even though he was sent back to that timeline, and now they have to try to stop judgment day AGAIN.

Spoiler: bet the house they won't stop judgment day.
ChipFTAC01
AG
And Emilia Clarke looks a TON like Linda Hamilton. I was actually confused as to who I was seeing before I read the thread because I thought they had someone CGI'd 30 years off of Hamilton.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I don't know why they didn't get a more Michael Biehn type for Reese, and instead went with a Sam Worthington clone. Matter of fact, that's probably gonna confuse a lot of people who haven't closely followed the series.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Sent back to save Sarah Conner, but she's already been saved, so that timeline doesn't exist, even though he was sent back to that
timeline, and now they have to try to stop judgment day AGAIN.

Reese ends up taking Sarah to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

Sent back to save Sarah Conner, but she's already been saved, so that timeline doesn't exist, even though he was sent back to that

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

This is heavy.
Vander
AG
quote:
quote:
Even more from Arnold. This sounds just insane enough that I now have to see this movie...

quote:
"The director wants me to be exactly the same as I was in 1984. Because the person I have human flesh, underneath is a metal skeleton but the human flesh ages just like everyone else does. The skeleton doesn't change. So it has to be the same body, physically the same thing, even though you may have show a little grey and all those things So it's very important that now I step it up with the workout.

I [need to] gain an extra 5-7 pounds of pure muscle and get that body back that I had then so we can switch from Terminator to the character I play now, kind of a Terminator-protector character, so we can switch back and forth to a 25-year old versus a 35-year old versus a 55-year old, when it's in the future of 2029. So all of this and then play around with it, the body will stay the same but the makeup will change and the hair will change."

http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/25/terminators-age-terminator-genesis-to-have-arnolds-out-the-wazoo

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/25/2014 10:41p).]

I just saw the trailer today and found out about this movie. In going back and reading this thread, this is what has stood out to me the most. the fact that 65 year old Arnold basically said, "I just need to hit the gym for a few months and I can basically get back to the same shape I was in when I was 25. Oh yeah, that happened to be when I was a multi time Mr. Universe winner."

I'm 36 and can't imagine being able to get in the same shape as when I was 25. And I wasn't in that great of shape,

The worst kept secret in Hollywood is steroid use. Arnold is DEFINITELY using gear (like test and hgh at a minimum and possibly a few others). Hell with the amount of gear he used back then, he's probably been on testosterone replacement therapy most of his life because his body hasn't naturally produced testosterone in decades.

The fact is that with gear and discipline, you can look phenomenal well into your 60s and 70s. Steroids and hgh are a literal fountain of youth. Do they have side effects? Sure. However, if you do your own research, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This trailer has me conflicted.

It doesn't look good but it's not the s**tstorm I was expecting.

Storm Shadow as Robert Patrick? Okay, that's cool.

But seeing how the plot actually plays out makes this look like the studio bought someone's online fan fiction and is using it to jumpstart a new franchise.
hurleyag
AG
Let me get this straight:

The Terminator

Bad Arnold is sent back to kill Sarah

Kyle is sent back to protect Sarah from bad Arnold

T2

T1000 is sent back to kill John

Good Arnold is sent back to protect John from T1000

Genisys

Bad Arnold is sent back to kill Sarah

Good Arnold is sent back to kill bad Arnold that is sent back to kill Sarah

Kyle is sent back to protect Sarah from bad Arnold

Who does the T1000 get sent back to kill? Sarah? Isn't Kyle suppose to be sent back at the same time as bad Arnold? Why is there a T1000 then?

Who sends Good Arnold back and why doesn't anyone in the future know about that? Is he sent back after Kyle? Why is he sent to protect a child Sarah?

Some of the questions I have after reading this and watching the trailer.
double aught
AG
Gear?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So Sarah Connor is raised by the older Terminator that is sent back to her as a child, who then intercepts and kills the original Terminator from part one. If I even try to make sense of that, I'll probably go crazy. But I'll buy it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wait, so what happened to Reese killing the original bad arnold in T1? Was that the one that he smashed in the metal press? Or was that t2?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes that was T1. And that terminator was the basis for Cyberdyne's design of the original T-800, that we see Miles Dyson working on in T2.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.