New TERMINATOR set for July 26, 2015...

45,734 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J.K. Simmons just cast...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jk-simmons-joins-terminator-genesis-688177

quote:
According to sources, Simmons will play a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades (since 1984, which, not coincidentally, is the year the original movie, directed by James Cameron, was released).

Actually sounds like a somewhat interesting role from an awesome actor. This definitely beats the Jai Courtney news.
TCTTS
AG
We finally have an answer for why the Terminator will look as old as Schwarzenegger does now...

quote:
"The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath," [Schwarzenegger] says. "It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/296493-arnold-schwarzenegger-reveals-terminator-genesis-plot-details

So there you have it. I feel like I should be rolling my eyes at this more than I am, but I actually kind of buy it. An old-looking robot could end up being super-dumb in execution, but I'm at least ok with the explanation. And it sounds like there'll be a "younger" (possibly CGI) T-800 in some capacity as well, at least. Then again, the last CGI Arnold looked horrible, so who knows. This all sounds incredibly forced, but I'm definitely still intrigued for whatever reason...
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm, looks like Miles Dyson's son may be integral to the plot as well...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116434
BBQ4Me
AG
If the flesh exterior ages and decays like humans, do terminators also experience warts and s**** boobs? Maybe we are not so different after all. We should seek peace over our common ground.
TCTTS
AG
Even more from Arnold. This sounds just insane enough that I now have to see this movie...

quote:
"The director wants me to be exactly the same as I was in 1984. Because the person — I have human flesh, underneath is a metal skeleton — but the human flesh ages just like everyone else does. The skeleton doesn’t change. So it has to be the same body, physically the same thing, even though you may have show a little grey and all those things… So it’s very important that now I step it up with the workout.

I [need to] gain an extra 5-7 pounds of pure muscle and get that body back that I had then so we can switch from Terminator to the character I play now, kind of a Terminator-protector character, so we can switch back and forth to a 25-year old versus a 35-year old versus a 55-year old, when it’s in the future of 2029. So all of this and then play around with it, the body will stay the same but the makeup will change and the hair will change."

http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/25/terminators-age-terminator-genesis-to-have-arnolds-out-the-wazoo

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/25/2014 10:41p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
The scary part is that all that makes total sense in Arnold's head.
Bed Sores
This movie can't get here soon enough
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ahnuld back in Terminator

Emilia Clarke
benMath08
AG
Arnold's best skill is working out, I'm interested to see if he can pull it off
TCTTS
AG
Some interesting details about the plot from Drew McWeeny at HitFix, who read a draft a few weeks ago...

quote:
"There’s a scene in the script where literally, we see the scene in the first Terminator where Arnold steps out, the punks threaten him, he rips Bill Paxton’s heart out and takes his clothes and wanders off. And as soon as that scene ends, another Arnold Schwarzenegger who’s older, and bearded and a very different version of the Terminator, comes walking in from the other side and plays another scene, right at the scene of that first incident."

quote:
"There are actually three major time frames in the film. It opens in the future in the final days of the war with Skynet, particularly centered around the moment where Skynet sent the first Terminator back to 1984 and John Connor sent Kyle Reese to stop him. There's a pretty big chunk that's set in 1984, and while it's familiar at moments, this is a very different 1984 than we saw in James Cameron's original movie. There's also a third time, but I won't reveal if it's before or after 1984. It's in that third time that we're going to meet Matt Smith's character, and where it will become clear what that "strong connection" the press release refers to actually is."

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/second-episode-of-ask-drew-digs-into-terminator-genesis-rumors-and-more

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/doctor-who-star-matt-smith-signs-on-for-pivotal-role-in-terminator-genesis
Seven Psycho Ags
It's like the Bttf2 of the Terminator series!
Fat Bib Fortuna

If I had more time I'd slap ahnuld's mug on this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This sounds like it could be awesome.
TCTTS
AG
^ If Cameron was doing this story, I'd be over the moon. The plot does sound awesome. I just hope these guys have the skill to pull it off.
G.I.Bro
I feel like James Cameron is too full of himself now that I'm actually glad someone else is attempting this. If JC made these I think there would be an underlying message that seeped through too much and afterwards he would claim that he was a time travel expert
TCTTS
AG
Ha, true.
G.I.Bro
Or cyborg expert
Simplebay
AG
boom

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/05/terminator-genesis-set-photos-featuring-arnold-schwarzenegger-emilia-clarke-jai-courtney.html
BryanAggie2013
AG
It'll be a fun summer
TCTTS
AG
Whoa. Arnold doesn't look half-bad. Still, Jai Courtney rubs me the wrong way, for whatever reason, and Emilia Clarke looks tiny there, but whatever. Definitely interested in seeing what they put together.
bagger05
AG
She looks so different without the ultra-blonde hair.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
It'll be a fun summer

Cannot wait. Terminator, Avengers 2, Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Entourage, Jurassic World, and the Fantastic Four reboot. And that's only the first two months. The second half of the summer doesn't come close, but even if just a few of those deliver, it'll be memorable.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/29/2014 3:38p).]
Simplebay
AG
Sigh. New Terminator Film Title Confirmed As 'Genisys'

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41842

Also, I finally saw Divergent, and I thought Jai Courtney wasn't half bad for his role. Better than in Die Hard With A Can't Believe They Made Another Die Hard.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Genisys sounds like some after-school program you got forced into in junior high that looked awesome and then turned out to be thinly-veiled extra science classes or really enthusiastic motivational speakers trying to steer you clear of drugs using juggling and jump rope tricks.

Still better than Dawn of Justice, though.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Genisys sounds like some after-school program you got forced into in junior high that looked awesome and then turned out to be thinly-veiled extra science classes or really enthusiastic motivational speakers trying to steer you clear of drugs using juggling and jump rope tricks.

Ha, that's so spot-on.

What a horrible, horrible title.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Guess I'm not as jaded and cynical. It's not a great title, but it's not that bad.

Better than : Origins, :the Beginning, :Zero or some other less-inspired title signifying that it's a prequel.

[This message has been edited by GiveEmHellBill (edited 8/6/2014 2:14p).]
Seven Psycho Ags
This is a word crime!
jeffk
AG
I actually taught a Genisys in class last year.
israeliag
AG
Wait, so this isn't about the end of the band Genesis anymore?! I was looking forward to Arnold play Peter Gabriel
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
I was looking forward to Arnold play Peter Gabriel

Now I'm imagining Arnold singing Red Rain. Thanks.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Any movie about the band Genesis would be performed by those utterly horrifying puppets from the "Land of Confusion" video.

Whoa!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I wonder what Matt Smith the eleventh Doctor is playing in this movie ??
mid90
AG
Taking movie naming ideas from millennial kids' names.

Society has officially lost it.
Seven Psycho Ags
Genisys sounds like it could be some kind of computer system. Maybe it's what they call the time travel device. In that case it's slightly more acceptable, but not really.

By doing a quick Google of "Genesis" and "Genisys" you can see that the latter is already pulling up a lot of Terminator stuff on the first page. The former didn't pull up anything about the working title for several pages. Maybe they are using the Chvrches strategy of misspelling the word to get higher on search engines faster.
TCTTS
AG
Unfortunately, I've heard from multiple people who have read the script, and all say it's pretty horrible. This really stupid new blurb, along with the underwhelming pics below, doesn't install much confidence either...

quote:
Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminatoran older T-800 she calls "Pops"who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

"Since she was 9 years old, she has been told everything that was supposed to happen," says Ellison. "But Sarah fundamentally rejects that destiny. She says, 'That's not what I want to do.' It's her decision that drives the story in a very different direction."

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/this-weeks-cover-first-look-at-terminator-genisys/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.