Someone shot at Donald Trump

17,576 Views | 222 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nai06 said:

I am leaning towards the lesser know Hanlon's Razor

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
normally I'd be on board.

But after talking to people that have experience regarding this type of situation, the level of failure is along the lines of Homer Simpson pouring cereal and milk into a bowl and it immediately catches fire.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This conservative angle is moronic, and honestly, I basically dismiss the opinion of anyone bringing that nonsense.

For a kid with little money, he did donate to ActBlue. Only $15 but the dude is working in a nursing home, going to juco, and lives in a 1000 sq ft house with his parents. $15 isn't nothing to a kid like that. Also, the most HS credible interview I've seen is with the kid that said he seemed to hate politicians in general, and the fact the interviewee was pro-Trump drew particular ire from Crooks
Ags4DaWin
boy09 said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

bagger05 said:

Well he tried to kill Donald Trump. I think we need to throw that into the "evidence he might be liberal" column.
lotta posters on this thread working really hard to ignore the colossal elephant that pretty much occupies the entire room. Weird take.
A lot of posters in this thread also ignoring that a lot of conservatives don't like Trump...

Lol but it was not conservatives that repeatedly called u I'm a dictator tyrant threat to democracy or said we would be better off if he was dead.

DO NOT LIKE is not the equivalent of HE IS HITLER WE GOTTA KILL HIM

The former is the view of conservatives.
The latter is the view of literally 1/3 of dems according to polls.
Ags4DaWin
nai06 said:

All of things point to him being conservative in his views:

-Statements from classmates- most statements from old classmates are vague statements by people who knew him in passing and nonspecific. However we have a classmate who recounted a very specific conversation with him where he became very passionate about his hatred of Trump. one well detailed and recounted specific example is more believeable than vague "maybes". The quotes from classmates that claim he was conservative run along the lines of. "I didn't know him well. He was quiet. I think he was mostly apolitical. But he struck me as maybe a conservative. His dad had a Trump sign in their yard." I will also point out that most of the interviewees point out that this kid hung out with the loners, kids who were considered wierd, kids they though would be likely to shoot up the school, kids who got pulled out to be homeschooled or alternatively schooled. Most school shooters about 80% identify with leftist politics.
^^this is not a reliable recounting or evidence of someone's political beliefs at all^^
-Demo Ranch Tshirt- This is a company that puts out info on guns. It's not a conservative podcast. First, don't equate guns with conservatives. There have been many militant leftist groups pop up lately that have gotten heavily into the gun scene. Once again you are drawing a parallel between guns, gun violence, and conservatives. I have pointed out that you did this earlier and here you are doing it again.
-Conservative father This is probably your worst piece of evidence. Seriously....how may kids follow their parent's political leanings. The kid was by all accounts a disaffected loser who had not been social in highschool and continued that pattern after highschool. How many of those kind of disaffected kids maintain their parent's beliefs? Most actually reject their parent's values. So this if anything supports evidence he leaned left. If you hate your dad you actually will be militantly opposed to thier beliefs.
-Trump signs previously in the lawn already addressed
-Member of a gun club if you are planning to shoot people you learn how to shoot. The best place to learn to shoot is by joining a club. Once again, stop equating guns and mass shooters with conservatives. This is inaccurate.
-Regularly practiced at the range see above
-Active interest in fire arms see above
-registered Republican Democrats register republican all the time in order to affect the choice of nominee. It costs nothing to register republican. It costs money however to donate to actblue. Most importantly if this kid hated Trump as vociferously as one class mate characterizes it would indeed make sense that he would register republican so he can vote in the primary to try to make sure Trump was NOT the republican nominee. It would then follow that because that failed and Trump became the nominee and he believed all the Trump is literally Hitler rhetoric he may have moved on to wanting to assassinate Trump to make sure Trump could not become president. This is the absolute MOST LOGICAL explanation of his behavior. But If we want to put our tin foil hats on for a moment-

If I was going to commit a mass shooting event in order to paint one political side in a negative light I would commit an atrocious act and then leave evidence that I was aligned with the people I wanted the blame to fall on.

All of these things point to him being liberal in his views
-Made a $15 donation to Act Blue in 2021
EDIT: Updates below
-Tried to kill Donald Trump
-a former classmate said he had a disdain for all politicians including Trump
(I'm putting this here even though the interview linked, quoted the student as saying he felt like Trump is/was a good president and Crooks insinuated he was stupid for thinking that. That same classmate also said the conversation took place in 2016, before Trump was elected)

So help me expand on the second list. What have you seen that leads you to believe he wasn't conservative in his views?

to answer your question- he tried to kill the republican nominee OR kill a bunch of conservatives.

^^this is the best evidence of his political leanings. Action speak louder than conjecture and words. And the most powerful statement is adamant that he was not in fact conservative^^
agracer
AG
BostonAg74 said:

People who support Trump are going to perceive the motives for his behavior one way, and the rest of us are going to view it another way. You're not going to convince either side that they are wrong. What some see as guts or leadership, others are going to see as the actions of a consummate showman going full Bob Roberts, with no deeper motive than that.

"In no other profession are there so many smug, arrogant people with so little justification for being arrogant as there are in journalism."Jack Kelly, former Marine and Green Beret, Washington Times, April 13.

FREEDOM AINT FREE posted 11:55a, 3/10/11 on the GB: "Aren't you a liberal? I don't think anyone will ever accuse you of loving this country."
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

BostonAg74 said:

People who support Trump are going to perceive the motives for his behavior one way, and the rest of us are going to view it another way. You're not going to convince either side that they are wrong. What some see as guts or leadership, others are going to see as the actions of a consummate showman going full Bob Roberts, with no deeper motive than that.
I dont speak for anyone else, but the complete lack of information released when a shooter happens to target a certain political persuasion prevents anyone from making an informed statement. Im not who youre talking about, not a huge trump guy, but would happily concede the point had there been information offered.

its just weird how when the congressional shooting happened, when a christian school was targeted, when the las vegas shooting happened- they just can seem to find out why someone would do such a thing, or they actively prevent people from reading the manifesto. But when the event can be exploited by a certain political persuasion- we have that information the day of the event, the manifesto is on social media within the hour, the actor's life torn apart by the media. Over and over again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who cares what the shooter was? Whether he was conservative or liberal, neither side abides with what he did.

And wanting to use him to paint the "other side" with a broad brush is just a small example of what's so broken in our country right now.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

neither side abides with what he did.
I have seen tons of people complaining the shooter missed and saying it was justified.

Why wouldnt a person that thinks trump is an existential threat to the country think this was a good thing? Why would killing hitler be bad?
Wolfpac 08
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

I have seen tons of people complaining the shooter missed and saying it was justified.

Why wouldnt a person that thinks trump is an existential threat to the country think this was a good thing? Why would killing hitler be bad?

Because 95% of people don't align with these extreme beliefs. Twitter (or social media in general) isn't representative of the opinion.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Wolfpac 08 said:

Quote:

Because 95% of people don't align with these extreme beliefs. Twitter (or social media in general) isn't representative of the opinion.
I am positive I can find a quote from any nationally prominent democrat likening trump to a hitlarian figure. We cant allow hitler to become the president, right?
nai06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Who cares what the shooter was? Whether he was conservative or liberal, neither side abides with what he did.

And wanting to use him to paint the "other side" with a broad brush is just a small example of what's so broken in our country right now.
I think its because it's easier to demonize or "other" and entire group of people than to accept that this might be a young man who severely troubled and wanted to kill himself and harm others in the most attention grabbing way possible.

I realize its still early, but by a lot of accounts there weren't many signs that he would do something like this. No manifesto, no a huge online presence, and not many outward signs that he was depressed. A seemingly normal and average person could just snap like this and try to assassinate a president and kill a bunch of people. That's is a pretty unsettling and scary thought and something I don't think a lot of us would like to face.
nai06
AG

Wolfpac 08 said:

Quote:

I am positive I can find a quote from any nationally prominent democrat likening trump to a hitlarian figure. We cant allow hitler to become the president, right?
I have no doubt that you can find a Democrat saying something like that. Trumps own running mate compared him to hitler.

Sea Speed
AG
nai06 said:

Thanks. I can appreciate I have blind spots

Updated the list.

"Man I really wanted to see the forest but all these damn trees are blocking my view"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.