Someone shot at Donald Trump

17,570 Views | 222 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
713nervy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't believe how smart all of you are with your insider knowledge. You really do know everything. Thank goodness you're here to inform us.
DannyDuberstein
AG
713nervy said:

I can't believe how smart all of you are with your insider knowledge. You really do know everything. Thank goodness you're here to inform us.

Well, the news here is one doesn't actually have to be smart to know these things. Just not low IQ
713nervy
AG
Ohhhhh okay
nai06
AG

DannyDuberstein
AG
You know standards have slipped when we are sending SS agents to Lane Bryant for their suits.
AggieArchitect04
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

You know standards have slipped when we are sending SS agents to Lane Bryant for their suits.

We asked for this and it's only going to get worse. It's not about what's best for the job anymore or the most qualified person. It's diversity and women's equality and bucking gender norms.

Not everything our ancestors did was wrong. They got a lot of **** right. There was a reason men did most of the farming, hunting, construction, etc. They are physically better equipped most of the time. And honestly…probably better equipped emotionally as well.

Now we've reached a point where we literally accept death as an outcome if it means that a woman can feel good about herself and be considered "equal".
DannyDuberstein
AG
Then there's the one that's not fat but all 5'3" of her is trying to shield a 6'3" VIP. But apparently it takes special expertise to realize that when a job requires being a human shield, it may make sense to have a shield suited for the job. Maybe she can go guard Simone Biles or something
TyHolden
AG
gabehcoud
Nervy and Know Your Enemy I love you both. You know the kind of people you're dealing with on here. Manage your blood pressure.
maroon barchetta
gabehcoud said:

Nervy and Know Your Enemy I love you both. You know the kind of people you're dealing with on here. Manage your blood pressure.

Nothing manages your blood pressure better than a day on the beach in…

*checks notes*

BF Delaware.
mosesrab90
AG
Dude go back to the 18th century .. you even have a girlfriend ? No wife would tolerate you
Ags4DaWin
Huh?

The poster is talking about going back to hiring based on aptitude and merit and suitability for the job as opposed to gender and equity and racial/sexual orientation profiling which has become the modern norm.

And that makes him unfit to be a decent husband and a relic of the 18th century?

Triggered much?
713nervy
AG
Oooookayyyyy. Reel it in big guy.
713nervy
AG
gabehcoud said:

I have excellent blood pressure. Contrary to what these bingbongs believe, it is possible to disagree and still remain calm.
Lex
I'm a bingbong?
713nervy
AG
No way. You're not one of the ones gaslighting. People can have differences of opinion and belief and still be respectful, as you are. Some of these guys, however…
Lex
It takes all kinds of kinds to make the world go round. Love you big. Please travel safely.
Aggie Dad 26
713nervy said:

No way. You're not one of the ones gaslighting. People can have differences of opinion and belief and still be respectful, as you are. Some of these guys, however…

As long as you know where your safe place is
Cromagnum
AG
Anchorhold
aggie_wes
AG
My wife would wholeheartedly agree with his post. Maybe you're the one who doesn't know sh*t
Jbob04
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Then there's the one that's not fat but all 5'3" of her is trying to shield a 6'3" VIP. But apparently it takes special expertise to realize that when a job requires being a human shield, it may make sense to have a shield suited for the job. Maybe she can go guard Simone Biles or something

This woman ss agent was on top of her game during that crazy moment
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is the one that also looked like she had Parkinsons when trying to holster her weapon as they put him in the SUV
Jbob04
AG
Yes, that was hard to watch. It's a miracle she didn't shoot herself or someone else while trying to holster it.
maroon barchetta
Jbob04 said:

Yes, that was hard to watch. It's a miracle she didn't shoot herself or someone else while trying to holster it.

If they had done a zoom in on her only I could have been made to believe she was a cast member on SNL doing a skit of bumbling Secret Service.
Jbob04
AG
How about this from SNL
maroon barchetta
Wow.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe no one told her that she's not actually left-handed
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
stop with the conspiracy theories you nutjobs.

the FBI that lied to a judge and pushed a dossier they knew to have been funded by the clinton campaign to spy on donald trump in an attempt to prevent his becoming president is looking into how a 20 year old who was willing to die for politics but has no social media presence was allowed to shoot at the president before he was shot. They will tell us what the motivations were.

But i hope its not like the congressional softball team shooting where the bernie sanders supporter shot congressmen and they just cant figure out why he would do such a thing.

Now, lets resolve our differences at the battle box
Complete Idiot
I can't begin to imagine what f16 has been doing with this, but after reading up on various presidential assassinations and assassination attempts you definitely see a pattern emerge as far as "why they did it" and the very clear number 1 is mental illness. My first suspicion is this person was mentally ill and had a delusion or fixation which led them to this act. I did read he tried out for his school rifle team but did not qualify, and that he was bullied in HS. The thought certainly crossed my mind that this kid, with a mental imbalance, convinced himself "well this will show them" or something to that effect.

There have been assassinations/attempts with a political motive, no doubt, but it is rare among the US presidential attempts and even in some of those with the perpetrator(s) claimed a political motive in some cases it was so odd, or how they could imagine an assassination would forward their goals was so odd, that you still suspect a mental health component. Still, I can only have an opinion from afar based on history - it's not impossible it was purely political or even a plot somehow, just unlikely in my opinion.

As far as security missing this, it's certainly believable that after many years, hundreds of guard events if not thousands, with no issues it can be a challenge to maintain the razor sharp focus that their job requires. But, it does require that no matter how time may make them lax, so there will be repercussions and corrective actions I imagine.
Aggie Dad 26
Complete Idiot said:

I can't begin to imagine what f16 has been doing with this, but after reading up on various presidential assassinations and assassination attempts you definitely see a pattern emerge as far as "why they did it" and the very clear number 1 is mental illness. My first suspicion is this person was mentally ill and had a delusion or fixation which led them to this act. I did read he tried out for his school rifle team but did not qualify, and that he was bullied in HS. The thought certainly crossed my mind that this kid, with a mental imbalance, convinced himself "well this will show them" or something to that effect.

There have been assassinations/attempts with a political motive, no doubt, but it is rare among the US presidential attempts and even in some of those with the perpetrator(s) claimed a political motive in some cases it was so odd, or how they could imagine an assassination would forward their goals was so odd, that you still suspect a mental health component. Still, I can only have an opinion from afar based on history - it's not impossible it was purely political or even a plot somehow, just unlikely in my opinion.

As far as security missing this, it's certainly believable that after many years, hundreds of guard events if not thousands, with no issues it can be a challenge to maintain the razor sharp focus that their job requires. But, it does require that no matter how time may make them lax, so there will be repercussions and corrective actions I imagine.

mental illness
fragile mind worked over by the liberal media
bullied
opportunity

between his weapon of choice, his shirt, actions, and over all appearance... he was the poster child for the "woke" crowd. He even went as far as to register as a REP

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
it was to impress jodie foster
713nervy
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

it was to impress jodie foster

This is my freaking favorite thing to come out of this thread. I don't know the backstory and I don't want to bc it will ruin the joy it brings me.
nai06
AG
I'm inclined to agree with you

Some of the reporting (from people whom I trust) said that he failed to make the team and was asked not to return to the range because of how bad of a shot he was. They also talked to someone who works at the facility where the shooter was. That person claimed neither the police nor the secret service swept the location prior to the event and that the parking lot was being used as a staging area for local PD.

His classmates would have guessed he was conservative but he was reportedly never really vocal about his political beliefs aside from sharing conservative view points from time to time. As a former HS teacher, that scans for me. Kids really aren't as politically active or motivated in HS as we make them out to be. Conversely, what they believe in can change wildly during and after high school. I think it's still pretty early to say what his political beliefs are given what is known right now.

I know people want to assume this was some massive plot to take out a former president and current candidate. Conspiracy theories are flying all over the place. But at the end of the day, I think we will learn this was an individual who suffered from some mental illness and felt that this act was the only way forward in their life. He just got extremely lucky in how far he was able to progress based on some massive failures by the secret service and local pd. But at the end of the day, he killed at least one innocent person and injured a few others including a former president and he felt that was worth his life. There's a family out there missing a loved one because he shot him by mistake and this guy's family and friends are left to deal with the fall out of his actions. That kind of unnecessary death and destruction is just sad.
Aggie Dad 26
nai06 said:

I'm inclined to agree with you

Some of the reporting (from people whom I trust) said that he failed to make the team and was asked not to return to the range because of how bad of a shot he was. They also talked to someone who works at the facility where the shooter was. That person claimed neither the police nor the secret service swept the location prior to the event and that the parking lot was being used as a staging area for local PD.

His classmates would have guessed he was conservative but he was reportedly never really vocal about his political beliefs aside from sharing conservative view points from time to time. As a former HS teacher, that scans for me. Kids really aren't as politically active or motivated in HS as we make them out to be. Conversely, what they believe in can change wildly during and after high school. I think it's still pretty early to say what his political beliefs are given what is known right now.

I know people want to assume this was some massive plot to take out a former president and current candidate. Conspiracy theories are flying all over the place. But at the end of the day, I think we will learn this was an individual who suffered from some mental illness and felt that this act was the only way forward in their life. He just got extremely lucky in how far he was able to progress based on some massive failures by the secret service and local pd. But at the end of the day, he killed at least one innocent person and injured a few others including a former president and he felt that was worth his life. There's a family out there missing a loved one because he shot him by mistake and this guy's family and friends are left to deal with the fall out of his actions. That kind of unnecessary death and destruction is just sad.
I'm curious to how these classmates of his feel about abortion, and the AR15

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.