Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

224,722 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aeon-ag
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

Good thing I am 6'2''. Being as ugly as I am I can't imagine how hard dating life would have been for me if I was a short *******.

I got a decent sized PP though
FJB
TexasRebel
AG
I'm completely alright with a smart, tall woman who makes all the money in the world.
Sea Speed
AG
Ita short but damn is it skinny...but the SPEED..
EFE
AG
tandy miller said:

Sea Speed said:

Good thing I am 6'2''. Being as ugly as I am I can't imagine how hard dating life would have been for me if I was a short *******.

I got a decent sized PP though

Forced perspective
OasisMan
AG
chiken said:

I dont need a partner, but would definitely enjoy one to share life experiences. I dont think humans were meant to be solitary creatures.
chiken
AG
Nothing I posted would give away this persona identity. Did yours have their face?
Serious Lee
doesnt matter. i dont see anything in the rules about either. your allowance of that post is a microcosm of the theme of this thread. its a sexist double standard. nothing more, nothing less.

no different than dating sites trying to implement height verification for men, but not weight for women.
chiken
AG
Or perchance, staff just hasnt seen it and will delete it shortly.
713nervy
AG
boy09 said:

This thread is a masterclass in gaslighting
Serious Lee
perhaps, but all that tells me is; 4 hours went by and no men were offended enough to flag it.

are you starting to see the code in the matrix yet?
I am always wrong
713nervy said:

boy09 said:

This thread is a masterclass in gaslighting

He was referring to you
713nervy
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

I don't care what you do. I'm just here marveling at nervy

OMG STAHHHHHHHP
713nervy
AG
No baby, he wasn't.
South Platte
I'm not in this category, but hoping someone could provide the Cliff Notes version of this 17 page thread. Any must read posts or did page 1 cover it all.
Green2Maroon
AG
I reported going on a very intense, nasty, alcohol and weed-fueled date. When you take a combat arms Army guy who went to war at 18 and match him on a date with a girl who is crazier than 80% of his peers, it will be absolute pandemonium. Just a beer, weed, bang fest. That entertained a lot of people lol.
Not a Bot
AG
I imagine you've been hitting F5 for the last two days waiting for an opportunity to post that story again.
Green2Maroon
AG
I just wanted to give a brief synopsis of what occurred. It was very intense.
Green2Maroon
AG
Then again, the best date I ever went on was 10 years ago. A lot more laid back and with probably the finest girl I ever went out with.
tk for tu juan
bagger05
AG
South Platte said:

I'm not in this category, but hoping someone could provide the Cliff Notes version of this 17 page thread. Any must read posts or did page 1 cover it all.
Dating sucks.
Lights out date.
Men are the worst.
Women are also super awful.
Anecdote presented as a universal explanation of human behavior.
Go #### yourself.
Allow me to explain why you are an idiot.
Seriously go #### yourself.
Get over yourself.
Chiken wants to bone.
Alias has a huge hot tub.
Nick Saban and Jimbo had a fight.
Women and men are basically the same.
Everyone go #### yourself.
Rehash of previous arguments.
Chiken still looking to bone.

I think that about covers it.
Eliminatus
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

There are quite a few men out there that do not love when a woman makes more than them, and generally the more successful they are, the more it bothers them.

Complete opposite for some though, including me. I WANT to find a successful woman that makes more than me. Tired of needy princesses that can literally only function as homebodies. And do that horribly.

Really starts to get old when you are the breadwinner AND the home keeper. Used to come home beat from work to cook and clean and other chores literally every day. My last ex was unemployed 95% of the time and cooked approximately 8-12 meals the time we were together. WE WERE TOGETHER FOR 7 YEARS. She literally did nothing all day, every day.

Yeah, I think I see why I am burned out on the hot but useless people. It ain't worth it in the long run. I need to find an actual partner, not just a long term dependent. I think most men of my generation and younger desire this generally speaking.
Eliminatus
AG
bagger05 said:

South Platte said:

Dating sucks.
Lights out date.
Men are the worst.
Women are also super awful.
Anecdote presented as a universal explanation of human behavior.
Go #### yourself.
Allow me to explain why you are an idiot.
Seriously go #### yourself.
Get over yourself.
Chiken wants to bone.
Alias has a huge hot tub.
Nick Saban and Jimbo had a fight.
Women and men are basically the same.
Everyone go #### yourself.
Chiken still looking to bone.

I think that about covers it.

Thanks. Checked back and had missed like 230 new posts on this thread.

And people say the GB was dead....
TexasRebel
AG
No. We're all just dating the wrong people.
Green2Maroon
AG
TexasRebel said:

No. We're all just dating the wrong people.

Absolutely this. And I was with the wrong girl for 10 years. I wonder what might have been if I had realized the incredible opportunity with the other one at the time.
NCNJ1217
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

if the listed height is under 5'8" it is accurate

f he says 5'8" in the bio, he's 5'6" or 5'7"

If he says he's 6', he's 5'10 or 5'11"

over that and it's honest.

just like a baseball roster

I'll have you know I'm 6'0" exactly tyvm
Green2Maroon
AG
I wouldn't have a problem at all with a woman who makes more than I do. Here there are a lot who make freaking $85-120k. I could stack my 70ish with that and we could go buy a nice house.
OasisMan
AG
in general, when looking for wifey material, guys don't care what the girl makes

B/c a guy does not want a woman working 60+ hrs a week for that 100+k and all that comes with the working extra/hard

Certainly my bank account would love to be 2X'ed on income -- but I would never get to see her and enjoy her
chiken
AG
I am sad that this is the only thing you got from my posts in this thread.
Petrino1
OasisMan said:

in general, when looking for wifey material, guys don't care what the girl makes

B/c a guy does not want a woman working 60+ hrs a week for that 100+k and all that comes with the working extra/hard

Certainly my bank account would love to be 2X'ed on income -- but I would never get to see her and enjoy her
Spot on. People try to brag that a girl is a lawyer or a doctor, and that doesnt really appeal to me. All that tells me is that shes going to work long hours and be obsessed with her career. No thanks. I'd rather marry a teacher or a secretary.
maroon barchetta
ea1060 said:

OasisMan said:

Spot on. People try to brag that a girl is a lawyer or a doctor, and that doesnt really appeal to me. All that tells me is that shes going to work long hours and be obsessed with her career. No thanks. I'd rather marry a teacher or a secretary.

You also want to wait in the lobby and pass out cigars when your wife has a baby, right?
XXXVII
chiken said:

Well first he asked where I work, so my plain response to that is "I'm a contract killer for the CIA" because I'm not going to randomly tell people where I work. Duh.

Then he asked "what is your GS level" which is asking what pay status i'm on. I ignored the first question and tried changing the subject. He answered my next question and then asked again my GS level.

I just unmatched than answer.

This is partly why you're still single. Can't recognize jokes. I mean for Fs sake you're not really a contract killer for the CIA, so he wasn't really asking how much you make.
Green2Maroon
AG
XXXVII said:

chiken said:

Well first he asked where I work, so my plain response to that is "I'm a contract killer for the CIA" because I'm not going to randomly tell people where I work. Duh.

Then he asked "what is your GS level" which is asking what pay status i'm on. I ignored the first question and tried changing the subject. He answered my next question and then asked again my GS level.

This is partly why you're still single. Can't recognize jokes. I mean for Fs sake you're not really a contract killer for the CIA, so he wasn't really asking how much you make.

Not as bad as meeting the coolest girl in the world when you were 28 and not talking again after that.
XXXVII
Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

Not as bad as meeting the coolest girl in the world when you were 28 and not talking again after that.

Seems there's more to the story here. Who dumped who and why?
maroon barchetta
XXXVII said:

chiken said:

Yeah, really. If you are a killer for the CIA you are on salary.
Green2Maroon
AG
XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

Seems there's more to the story here. Who dumped who and why?

This was 2012 so about 10 years ago. Met her online and we went on a date. Had a pretty good time and found her quite fascinating. But after that, I remember being kind of scared and uncertain about it. I meant to hit her up again but never did.

Fast forward a whole decade now. I recently split up with this girl I was dating for almost that whole decade. Reached out finally to the one date girl and we'll see if she replies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.