Let's talk select baseball

48,502 Views | 428 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Al Bula
Baseball-Junkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bo Darville said:

"Bat standards".

I remember playing little league with friends and not giving a **** about the ****ing bat at 9 years old.

Good for you, but that doesn't mean you have a clue about the current bats. I took out a Louisville 619 Solo USA bat and was bunting with it. The ball drops straight down and goes nowhere. The bat is deader than a wooden bat, by design, and it's absolutely ludicrous. You're also getting a lot of feedback/sting in the hands on these crap bats.
agsalaska
AG
Hey Bo,

I am just curious, how do you become an internet troll? Really, I want to know. Here you have been., for the last four days, spreading a bunch of hot internet topics on a thread about a topic you clearly know nothing about, just to get people mad. How does it get to that point for someone?

I have other things to do. I am not talking about not posting. I post a lot too. But how is it so satisfying for you to put this kind of effort into killing a thread and annoying other people? And it is somewhat ironic that you are making these posts from a position that insults how other parents are raising their kids while you, as a grownup, take satisfaction in trolling.

This is a good topic that is a challenge for a lot of parents. A lot of parents have legitimate questions and are on an Aggie board asking other Aggies. But you just want to blow it up. How did it all come to this?

Doubt you will answer, but I am curious to know.

And to the OP. If you really want to discuss this, you should post it on one of the two baseball boards. THis wont happen over there.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Select baseball is mostly coached by pedophiles.
Liquid Wrench
DannyDuberstein said:

03_Aggie
agsalaska said:

Hey Bo,

I am just curious, how do you become an internet troll? Really, I want to know. Here you have been., for the last four days, spreading a bunch of hot internet topics on a thread about a topic you clearly know nothing about, just to get people mad. How does it get to that point for someone?

I have other things to do. I am not talking about not posting. I post a lot too. But how is it so satisfying for you to put this kind of effort into killing a thread and annoying other people? And it is somewhat ironic that you are making these posts from a position that insults how other parents are raising their kids while you, as a grownup, take satisfaction in trolling.

This is a good topic that is a challenge for a lot of parents. A lot of parents have legitimate questions and are on an Aggie board asking other Aggies. But you just want to blow it up. How did it all come to this?

And to the OP. If you really want to discuss this, you should post it on one of the two baseball boards. THis wont happen over there.

While everyone was focused on select ball he was focused on the Internet. Looks like he's getting the last laugh now.
PoohAh97
AG
agsalaska said:

Those boards aren't competitive enough.
agsalaska
AG
I guess. Reminds me more of the guy that makes a complete ass of himself and then laughs about it. If that's 'getting the last laugh' than more power to him.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Joe Exotic
AG
agsalaska said:

Hey Bo,

You cry a lot.
Joe Exotic
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

On a serious note, there's a ton of truth to this. Kind of puts that whole "video games aren't healthy" bit in a new perspective.
PipelineMoeNorman
Bo knows cocks and baseball
WES2006AG
AG
PoohAh97 said:

agsalaska said:

Those boards aren't competitive enough.
mrad85
AG
11 Pages, this kid should be ready for the pro's by now. The GB doing the work!

TarponChaser
Bump for the upcoming season and a new crop of select baseball parents
Post removed:
by user
Ol_Ag_02
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Holy cow baseball Dads are huge d-bags.
Baseball-Junkie
TarponChaser said:

My boy is ready to get back to playing tournaments in February -- we practice year around still, but he enjoys the game day weekends -- and winning rings. Two months without games -- just feels funny for everyone.

Yes, I really did just go into his room, turn his trophies around and took pictures of what I could (he has a much better display of rings, gameballs, etc. but it's a fixed display with identifying information - so couldn't post that) to stir up this thread. It's a fun thread.

agsalaska
AG
My son cant wait for baseball. He wore his jersey on Christmas day. And new years day. I'm sure he will wear it on his first day back to school.
Baseball-Junkie
agsalaska said:

My son cant wait for baseball. He wore his jersey on Christmas day. And new years day. I'm sure he will wear it on his first day back to school.

Awesome. When are y'all starting to play again?
agsalaska
AG
First weekend tournament is first week of March. First league game is week after spring break.

Our entire team is playing a rec basketball league in Temple starting this weekend. They are spread across like 7 different teams. It ends the last week of February.

Thisguy1
I started playing competitive baseball at 9. Little League started at 5, but tournament ball 9. Same tournament team until we finished playing when we graduated high school. Our starting 9 all went to play college ball, and all were from the Brazos Valley or close to it. Played 4 years of college ball, been coaching and doing the private lessons/training thing for about 8 years since I finished up.

All of that to say since I started playing at 5 years old, out of all the kids I played with and all the kids I've coached, there's only been two guys names Colton. A Colton and a Colten, and it was on the same team.
Psychag
AG
Enjoy these times. My son starts his freshman baseball career in N. Carolina and we won't be able to watch him as much as we'd like. I never missed him pitch as a youth playing tournament and high school ball. Those were great memories, but fleeting. Embrace these times because it will fly by.
Rings? What age does that start? Do they like where them to school and church and stuff?
BenFiasco14
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

TarponChaser said:

My boy is ready to get back to playing tournaments in February -- we practice year around still, but he enjoys the game day weekends -- and winning rings. Two months without games -- just feels funny for everyone.

Yes, I really did just go into his room, turn his trophies around and took pictures of what I could (he has a much better display of rings, gameballs, etc. but it's a fixed display with identifying information - so couldn't post that) to stir up this thread. It's a fun thread.

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Baseball-Junkie
4133 said:

Rings? What age does that start? Do they like where them to school and church and stuff?

Tournament ball starts around 7U. Local USSSA tourneys will give out rings to both teams in the championship game, but they are different rings. Other tournaments only give out rings to the winners.

USSSA rings are massive and don't fit well for kids. They wear them for pictures after the tournament and then stack them up in displays.
BurnetAggie99
I just finalized our practice schedule for all our youth teams and we kicking off our first Spring season prep practice this weekend.

Couple years back it's started at the lower levels but pending the nature of the tournament the ring quality is a big difference. Some of the ones I real good, real diamonds, similar to college championship ring of you will. I have a bunch from being a HS age and Youth age coach with Bandito's. I got a good size cedar jewelry deal my son made for me in FFA that I keep them in. At the baseball facility there is a big full size room that has trophies, banners, and rings displayed. We have won big tournaments numerous times like the Perfect Game WWBA National Championship and won it with all age groups plus other bigtime State and National tournaments.

He's a pic of last year WWBA ring looks like. This one is 12k gold and black Onyx

Baseball-Junkie
BurnetAggie99 said:

I just finalized our practice schedule for all our youth teams and we kicking off our first Spring season prep practice this weekend.

Couple years back it's started at the lower levels but pending the nature of the tournament the ring quality is a big difference. Some of the ones I real good, real diamonds, similar to college championship ring of you will. I have a bunch from being a HS age and Youth age coach with Bandito's. I got a good size cedar jewelry deal my son made for me in FFA that I keep them in. At the baseball facility the a whole full size room that has trophies, banners, and rings displayed. We have won big tournaments numerous times like the Perfect Game WWBA National Championship and won it with all age groups plus other bigtime State and National tournaments.

He's a pic of last year WWBA ring looks like.

Very nice! I am looking forward to the Perfect Game headquarters being built in Hutto. The timing will be about perfect for when it's complete and when he's of age for PG.

Edit - is PG 12U and up or do they offer lower age tourneys? I am assuming it's 12 and up.
BurnetAggie99
Same here brother don't get me wrong I enjoyed going to Georgia and we always take little time after each age group would play in the WWBA, I looking forward to being in Hutto and sleeping in my bed each night. Been going to Georgia about 10 years since I've been a coach and I'm usually there about 4 weeks or so. Since each age group plays different weeks. The drive was fun for awhile but it got old fast and so did flying.
Baseball-Junkie
BurnetAggie99 said:

Same here brother don't get me wrong I enjoyed going to Georgia and we always take little time after each age group would play in the WWBA, I looking forward to being in Hutto and sleeping in my bed each night. Been going to Georgia about 10 years since I've been a coach and I'm usually there about 4 weeks or so. Since each age group plays different weeks. The drive was fun for awhile but it got old fast and so did flying.

I guess I am conflating the showcases and tournaments. Do the PG tourneys start at 9U? I am definitely not versed on PG like you are.
This thread delivers
BurnetAggie99
Yea PG goes all the way down to 9u through HS ages. The last few years PG has put on more 11u,10u, and 9u across Texas. A lot easier now than it was in the past without have to travel a few hours. Now all age groups well represented across Texas.

Also 5 Tool is also doing youth ages this year, they always done HS age tournaments.
Baseball-Junkie
agsalaska said:

First weekend tournament is first week of March. First league game is week after spring break.

Our entire team is playing a rec basketball league in Temple starting this weekend. They are spread across like 7 different teams. It ends the last week of February.

How is the basketball season going?

Do y'all ever make any of the CTX USSSA tourneys in RR, PF, Georgetown or do y'all stick with Waco stuff? I see a lot of other Morgan's Point Resort (never heard of the city until we played a team from there) and Temple teams that do come down.
Baseball-Junkie
BurnetAggie99 said:

Yea PG goes all the way down to 9u through HS ages. The last few years PG has put on more 11u,10u, and 9u across Texas. A lot easier now than it was in the past without have to travel a few hours. Now all age groups well represented across Texas.

Also 5 Tool is also doing youth ages this year, they always done HS age tournaments.

Awesome. I didn't think the 9U team could play, but that is great to hear and something we will look into. I am assuming it's about on par with USSSA Majors or is it even better competition than that? Are there different divisions within the age groups? Sorry for all of the questions.
Baseball-Junkie
Psychag said:

Enjoy these times. My son starts his freshman baseball career in N. Carolina and we won't be able to watch him as much as we'd like. I never missed him pitch as a youth playing tournament and high school ball. Those were great memories, but fleeting. Embrace these times because it will fly by.

Congrats on your son making a college team. I know there are a lot of jackasses on this thread who pretend otherwise, but that is super impressive.
BurnetAggie99
PG there's no different divisions. It's open so you have some great teams there but you see few AAA type teams and even few AA type teams. PG tries to do a good job keeping the brackets even in pool play for thre most part but doesn't mean it doesn't get ugly sometimes. PG records everything roster, player and team stats, bat speed, velo on the mound, velo throwing from the OF, velo throwing across the infield, wins and loses but also who you beat and what caliber of PG tournament. Thats how they determine who plays in the State tournament and can also be one of the Top 350 teams across the country that gets to play in the WWBA for the whole enchilada. PG puts on good tournaments and traditionally been the best organization.

I like 5 Tool they do a good job as well. Have a junior HS kid from Lake Travis who's a SS/Pitcher two way player is committed to University North Carolina.
Joe Exotic
AG
4133 said:

This thread delivers

And it's insanely sad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.